S78 WJC GM Applications

bigAL

Uhhh, didn't S78 just start? Holy hell, we're at 64 GP already? Off-season hype, let's gooooooo!

We're here in the JOB APPLICATIONS forum because we need to hire GMs for this elite minor league tournament. Getting a GM gig here gives you a huge leg up in future management jobs. There's always a GM or two that get a league job shortly after the WJC finishes. If you want a big pants job, your resume starts HERE.

We need five general managers to run each of the teams in the tourney. This is an amazing opportunity for newer members, or experienced members wanted to get into the management side of things. 

Your mission, if you choose to accept, will be to:

• Choose a full team, including 9 F, 4 D, and 2 G, based on nationality
  • Lead the team by building hype (for the team and the tournament), maintaining an active discord LR, and generally be the face of the team
  • Submit lines for each game

Teams

?? Team Canada ??

?? Team USA ??

?? Team Europe ??

? Team Asia ?

?️ Team World ?️

Perks

• Getting PAID - 2 capped TPE per week for the whole tournament
  • Beef up that resume - no VHL/M GM is getting hired without previous management experience. Come get that experience here!

Applying

• Comment in this thread and tell us what team you'd like to GM
  • Commissioners @rjfryman and I will follow up with interview questions for those selected
  • If you think it'll help your case, feel free to list your qualifications and reasons why we should choose you

Disclaimers

• You DO NOT need to have STHS or GM experience - this is how you gain it!
  • Access to STHS Client (a PC that can run it) is an asset but not mandatory
  • Tournament will start after the Playoffs, so you will need to be active for the next 4-6 weeks

History & Resources

World Juniors HQ

World Junior Rules

World Junior Player & GM Stats

World Junior Collective Rankings

Edited by bigAL

48 minutes ago, Domg5 said:

@rory @Juice you guys don’t exist

Uhhhh are you saying AGMing doesn’t count as real experience?? Don’t disrespect the profession of Assistant General Managing

37 minutes ago, bigAL said:

Uhhhh are you saying AGMing doesn’t count as real experience?? Don’t disrespect the profession of Assistant General Managing

Yeah screw the AGMs… oh wait

I'll take Europe if no one else does

**Edit**

Let me rephrase that. I'll take Europe if no one else does

Edited by Ledge and Dairy

18 minutes ago, BrutalBoost said:

I played on team Asia, so I will put my hat in to try and GM team Asia. If not, I will take whatever

Good luck! If you want or need any tips or advice with team Asia shoot me a message on here or discord!

• bigAL locked this topic