Houston Bulls Press Conference

mattyIceman

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also to appease our updater overlords!

Answer three questions for 1 capped TPE or all six for 2 capped TPE!
For the Week Ending May 21th, here are your questions!

1.  What a crazy season!  It didn't end the way any of us wanted it to but we had fun!  How do you feel about the season and your players' performance?

2.  Are you gonna keep in touch with your teammates or say your goodbyes and move on?

3.  In your estimate, what do you think caused us an early exit from the playoffs?

4.  Are you playing in any of the off-season tournaments?  ProAM, JST or World Juniors?

5.  Who on the team are you most excited to play with or against in the future?

6.  How does your player spend their time in the off-season?

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

4 minutes ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Hello and welcome fellow Bulls to this weeks presser!  I am hoping to get to know you and your players and what your thoughts are on the season as we go!  Be sure to give me more than couple word answers as I love to read and also to appease our updater overlords!

1.  What a crazy season!  It didn't end the way any of us wanted it to but we had fun!  How do you feel about the season and your players' performance?

2.  Are you gonna keep in touch with your teammates or say your goodbyes and move on?

3.  In your estimate, what do you think caused us an early exit from the playoffs?

4.  Are you playing in any of the off-season tournaments?  ProAM, JST or World Juniors?

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I'm pretty content with this season. My player wasn't dominant by any means but definitely made an impact. 

2. I'll be sticking around for another season. 

3. We were matched up against a very solid goaltender. 

4. Not that I am aware of. 

5. It would be fun to play with Roy Krishna again. 

6. He's going to relax as much as possible, keep working out, and look ahead to next season. 

2 minutes ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. All things considered, the season went better than expected. I joined about halfway theough, and my player showed pretty solid impact once the TPE started adding up. First of many productive (hopefully) seasons!

2. I hope to stay in touch with the teammates. The Bulls LR was popping more often than it wasn't. It was a good time!

3. I think it just came down to the Marlins having a wicked goaltender. We got goalied, and you just can't control the sim. The sim REALLY didn't like our top guys.

4. I don't think I'll play in the ProAM, but I am GMing for the JST! Gotta start somewhere.

5. Long term, I'm excited to see everybody on this Bulls team in the VHL/E, but I definitely think locking down Viktor Jensen is going to be a fun matchup down the road.

6. Tobias is going back home to Berlin to recoup for the draft and spend time with his family. Houston's a little too warm for his taste.

3 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I'm satisfied with Jensen's regular season performance but bit disappointed that he couldn't step up in the playoffs.

2. I'm sure I'll keep a bit in touch with some of them for sure.  I myself struggle a bit in communication purposes on discord and such, but I plan to try and stay around a bit and help where I can.

3. I just don't think we were quite as developed as some of the better teams but also I do think we gave it a legitimately great go.  If some of our top minute players stepped up a bit more (specifically Jensen) maybe things could have went better.  Props to San Diego though, they played a great series.

4. Uh not sure honestly.  Perhaps?

5. I'm excited to play against all of them but I hope I end up joining up with a few of them.  Guys like Weiss have some major hype in the same draft class I'm in, so he stands out.

6. Going to be working on his weaknesses and hopefully improve on and off the ice as a professional.

16 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Man what a season it was! I played my very best and was happy with my depth role! Was an honour to be a late pick up and be a Bull for the time I was! 
2. I’d love to keep in touch with my teammates, it’s important to make connections and friendships in this league!

3. The other teams goalie lol, when you have an elite goalie it’s hard to put pucks past him!!

4. I don’t think so, going to focus on the draft!

5. Diamond Ace for sure. 
6. Working hard, i want to be the best!

On 5/15/2023 at 5:49 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I think he did really good from the start till more of the end where for some reason sths gave me the kick in the ass and just stopped scoring no clue but with me updating more i hope it gets better

2. well i like keeping touch but most of the time i move on

3. luck and just them having a better goalie we had defense and offense on our side but their goalie was capped and just too good for us

4. i think JST? but i have no idea where to find it and the teams

5. any really im excited to play for any team that drafts me

6. chill like a lot of chilling

On 5/15/2023 at 3:49 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1. It certainly did not thats for sure! I wasnt a force by any means but i felt like i was consistant. A point every other game isnt terrible in my opinion

2. All depends on if I end up in Houston again next season or not. Open to anything

3. Sometimes you come across a hot goalie and we just couldnt solve them. Certainly dissapointing but you cant take it away from the other team at all! They earned it!

4. I have no idea how I would go about any of that so unless someone walks me through it i’d say its a solid no

5. Jensen was a solid partner to play with so if he’s back i’d love to contribute a little more next to him or if he moves on i’d like to show him what i can do

6. The correct answer would be training and prepping for the next season. The honest answer is enjoying the weather and golf and softball

Let's Go Bulls!

• 2 weeks later...

1. I do wish I could've done more for the team, but at the end of the day I did have fun, so I'm not bothered about the results at the end of the season.
2. I'm down to keep being in touch with everyone on the team, whether we go our separate ways or not.
3. That's just hockey, sometimes you win, sometimes you don't, but I'm sure we would be able to do better next season.
4. Yes, I'm playing in JST.
5. Honestly I don't think I have anyone specific, so I'll be fine with whoever I play with/against. 
6. I would say depends on her mood, but generally speaking she games quite a bit.

On 5/15/2023 at 5:49 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I think I did well in my first season, but I know we have another level in us and I'm hoping next season we can come out even stronger!

2. I was a bit introverted this season, but I want to become more familiar with everyone moving forward.

3. I think it would be unfair to blame it on one thing, person, or unit. Hopefully, we can use this pain of losing and turn it around for the better.

4. Yeah, I am, but I haven't been keeping up too much outside of my own team's games. It's definitely keeping me sharp for the upcoming season.

5. I would want to play with @comrade cat  in the future if possible. 

6. I like to go back to Montréal to spend time with my family. It's also an exciting and fun city to live in. The food is great and there's also stuff going on year round. I'd definitely encourage yous to come and visit. 

• 2 weeks later...

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending June 18th, here are your questions!

1.  What do you think of our starting roster this season?

2.  Did you play in any offseason tournaments and if so, how did you do?

3.  Which of your teammates are you most excited to play with this season?

4.  A new rule change was announced capping how many seasons you can spend in the VHLM before being moved up to the VHLE.  4 seasons after your draft.  Do you like this rule change?

5.  Your player is approached for a brand deal.  What is if for and do they take it?

6.  Have you personally ever won a trophy or medal?  If so, what was it for?

Let's Go Bulls!

Edited by Triller

1 hour ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  Absolute unit! Thats all there is to it!

2. Played in the Jst and the ProAM didnt do great in the ProAm but i feel like i did pretty well in the Jst for my first try

3. Zilla! Back2back picks baby!

4.  I totally approve of it! I think it keeps mew blood moving through and allows people to progress more

5.  If its for a golf brand deal then you havent seen a signature so fast!

6.  Played basketball in elementary and won back to back championships as top scorer, not to brag but i was the best 12 year old on the court at all times!

Let's Go Bulls!

2 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending June 11th, here are your questions!

4.  A new rule change was announced capping how many seasons you can spend in the VHLM before being moved up to the VHLE.  4 seasons after your draft.  Do you like this rule change?

5.  Your player is approached for a brand deal.  What is if for and do they take it?

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Très bonne!

2. The offseason felt like such a blur to me really.

3. @jhatty8 of course!

4. If I could stay here for 5 seasons that would have been sick, but I'd be pretty happy staying here for 4. 

5. I think most people grow up wanting a shoe deal and I'm no different there tbh. I would love to have my own signature shoes but I'd want them to be really affordable. I wouldn't want my shoes to only be worn by rich kids.

6. I won a lot growing up through the youth system. That's why Houston drafted me and I'm hoping to bring that success to them this season!

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. You guys are looking good! Will be fun to play against you guys this season!

2. Yeah i did, played in one i think and i didn’t do the best lol.

3. Man, I’m just excited to get out there and play a full season!

4. yeah, i like it. Helps make the VHLM more of a prospect pool rather than a super competitive league. 
5. Probably shoes and yes, they accept it.

6. Yeah i used to play lots of sports and won a bunch of medals in those.

On 6/11/2023 at 5:28 PM, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. We are extremely deep in forwards so I am hoping this can create a lot of offense for us this season!

2. I tend to not pay attention to off season tournaments since I’m focused more on the management in Houston, but I think my pro am team got 4th.

3. On Seattle I’m excited to play with Weaver! Was able to GM his player and now play alongside.

4. I do. It promotes pushing players out of our development league and into more competition. Players shouldn’t want to hangout in the minors, in real life who would do that.

5. Bobandy would get a brand deal for Miller Lite. Every hat trick Bobandy gets in a season, Miller Lite gives 100 cases of beer away to Seattle Bears fans.

6. Won a Con Cup with my first player for my first ever award. Arguably the best to win so I was so excited and crave another.

We're absolutely loaded. CUP SZN!

Nope, just made this player. 

Can't really say anybody in specific. Lots of great people on this team. Wouldn't be fair to only pick one.

I think it's fair, but I could understand why someone who wants to spend every season in the M might not be pleased. Not the end of the world though.

Anything that supports the destruction of Simon. I'm all ears. They wouldn't dare deny me.

Not yet, but best believe the trophy cabinet will be jam packed when it's all said and done.

1. i'm pretty excited, the team looks to be very good with some great people on it.

2. i just came back from being inactive so i don't think my old withering player was in any tournaments.

3. this one is easy. WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW is who i am looking forward to playing with the most. i am their sworn protector.

4. i don't like this rule because they didn't call it the dyl rule.

5. jebediah is approached by a totally legal cannabis company to smoke big ol doinks and he takes the deal all day!

6. my very first player made it to the vhl hall of fame, so he had plenty of awards! my first experience here could not have gone better.

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Our roster is shaping up very nicely and I love my teammates in many ways

2. I was the Brigade GM in some offseason tourney and apparently my team won

3. @omniscius and @rory and @hylands are the best

4. Should've grandfathered in the current lifers #FreeSjin

5. Nike and no because he's not a sellout

6. My favorite "trophy" I've gotten is an axe that is nailed to a wood board and I got that because my varsity XC team won a race

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

For the Week Ending June 25th, here are your questions!

1.  After the first few games, if there anything the team needs to focus on?

2.  AJ and I always pick our Captains and Assistants. Do you prefer a vote or for the GMs to pick?

3.  You are the locker room DJ. What are you playing to try and keep everyone amped up or even just happy with the music selection?

4.  If the VHLM added an expansion team, where would you put it and what would the team name be?

5.  Which team in the league would you want to be a GM or AGM for?

6.  What is a hobby that you would like to get into some day?

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

Edited by Triller

1.  After the first few games, if there anything the team needs to focus on?

Just keep on earning. Our depth is great, and our success is inevitable. 

2.  AJ and I always pick our Captains and Assistants. Do you prefer a vote or for the GMs to pick?

I don’t care much. GMs usually have a good read on the situation, especially in a league like the M where there’s a revolving door of players each season. Wouldn’t mind a players vote though. 

3.  You are the locker room DJ. What are you playing to try and keep everyone amped up or even just happy with the music selection?

Usually going for some rock or rap music. I’m a sucker for heavy bass. It really gets the room buzzing. Definitely sets the tone when you’re listening to something that makes you want to hit someone. 

4.  If the VHLM added an expansion team, where would you put it and what would the team name be?

Florida for sure. Didn’t even have to think about it. I made a concept logo for a Florida Men team awhile back. We need that team. 

Probably Seattle or Moscow. They’re always in the mix ever since I started playing around S65. 

6.  What is a hobby that you would like to get into some day?

Hard to say because I already have my hobbies and I obsess over them. I’d really like to turn my obsession with hockey into a career. Highly considering taking a hockey management/scouting course and work my way towards the NHL. The nice thing is I’m young, passionate and desperate for more hockey. Also in the process of getting a coaching job. Looking forward to working with kids to help them enjoy their own hockey experience. 

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Thank you to everyone who participate in these pressers!  I always appreciated reading your answers!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I think we’re still figuring out penalty problems. All systems are rolling so far though.

2. I never mind the players picking but also as the GM I like to give roles to players I want to play a big role for us that season.

3. I suck at picking songs but I always love country music to get me in a good mood.

4. Get another Canadian team, maybe Edmonton or Winnipeg? 👀

5. The Houston Bulls any day.

6. Working more with my hands. Whenever I finally get my own place to live I want to be able to work around my house fixing and upgrading things.

5 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. I think the team is doing well. We are winning and I think that as we all slowly update we'll be set early in the season.

2. I do think that GMs have a good idea who to choose as captain and as assistants. I don't think I have ever had a moment where I disagreed with a GMs choice for the C's or A's.

3. Nothing gets the boys pumped up quite like Barbie Girl. Just ask David Pastrnak.

4. I would give a team to Alaska. I could be wrong but I don't think they have a VHLM, VHLE, or VHL team. Maybe the backstory can be Mystery-esque.

5. If I had to, I'd have to go with being an AGM for the Saskatoon Wild. Mostly because of my history with them.

6. A hobby I'd love to really get into is playing the drums. I am self-taught but I do hope to have the time to eventually take drum lessons.

6 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Discipline probably, lots of time on the penalty kill so far (oops lol).

2. I'd probably be fine either way but I think it's better when the GMs choose. 

3. Uhhhh, I only listen to pop punk so I will probably not be a popular DJ choice. 

4. I'd put it in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan and name them the Lakers after the freighters that pass through the Soo Locks. 

5. Maybe the Reapers. I like their design and have a soft spot for them from back in S66 when my goalie won a championship with them. 

6. I bought a guitar during the pandemic that I'd like to put more effort into learning how to play. 

8 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

1.  We need to be able to outscore our problems! And the pk could use a little tweak here and there

2.  I think GM’s should pick, they know who’s active in the LR, they made the draft picks they know all the people. If someone had just joined and didnt know anybody they would vote randomly like i did on oslo this season

3.  Obviously its something upbeat! Gotta love a good country song dance remix or something.

4.  I wouldnt mind seeing an Edmonton expansion team to give the VHL the “Battle of Alberta” Edmonton Explosion or something like that.

5.  None! I am far too green to manage all that nonsense

6.  Im into golf hardcore right now and i’d like to get better at it. That or they need to make a triple bogey the average score

Let's Go Bulls!

9 hours ago, Triller said:

giphy.gif

HOUSTON BULLS PRESSER!

Let's Go Bulls!

1. Just keep grinding and believing in the system. I have faith that we'll be turning a lot of heads near the end of the season. 

2. Captain should represent the players and imo, that means giving them the vote. 

3. We need some more francophone music! Nothing sounds better than the French language. 

4. Montréal and I find it a travesty that we don't have a team in this league. Some of the greatest players and most passionate fans come from Québec and to be unrepresented is disappointing.

5. I'm a player, not a GM and I'd like to keep it that way. I'm interested in the sporting aspects not management or business aspects.

6. Well I've always wanted to pick up music. Maybe the piano or bass. I enjoy listening to music so it would be nice to be able to play music myself. 

On 6/18/2023 at 11:33 AM, Triller said:

1. i haven't seen anything majorly concerning so far. this team is good and has come out firing on all cylinders.

2. i tend to lean towards having a vote among the players, but any time i've done that myself as gm the players usually pick who i had in mind anyways.

3. ill put on a little bit of everything. some dance tunes, some old school songs, maybe some rap or metal to get pumped up.

4. i will put a team in kyiv and the team name would be the chicken kyivs.

5. i would love to go back and gm mexico city again. that team holds a very special place in my heart.

6. i kinda want to get into streaming just as a hobby. i love gaming and it seems like a fun way to connect with others.