Malmo has great start to the season

Telkster

Intro

It's been a really good first 1/3 or so of the season for Malmo. They sit tied for 1st in the EU with Moscow, and tied for 2nd in the league behind Vancouver. The Wolves have been the storyline of the season. I guess a bang average team combined with an analytical GM tandem will get them to overperform massively. I still think Vancouver makes the playoffs with ease and has a decent run in the playoffs too, even with the current team now. Malmo has the best GAA as a team in the whole league which is a sign the defense is holding strong. I honestly thought Malmo needed one more add on the back end, but it seems defense is no problem so far. I'll go over each position today and see who's firing on all cylinders for the Nighthawks. 

Forwards

Odinsson continues to be a massive storyline in the league. I can't believe my eyes when I see he's on pace for 140 points, which would effectively beat his personal record. I think with this trajectory he could be in line for several more awards this year. I think that forces Gunnar to think about sticking around yet another year, because by that point the HOF could be well within reach for him. Sosa is off to a hot start from center with 32 points through 23 games. Jakob has already convinced the Malmo faithful that the Nighthawks won the trade for him, with well over 100 points and a cup for just a late 1st round pick. Muffbeav leads the team in scoring with 18 goals and 31 points. Telker is off just a bit points wise in comparison to last season, but is still set for a great season with 29 points so far. Deathwalker is on pace for about 60 points, which would be a small decrease from his season high last year, but his role on the team is more primary physical, secondary scoring. His offensive peak should be next year and the season after, where I expect his offensive stats to be even higher. Mourning will be very happy with his season so far. Like Druss, he is also on pace for right around 60 points. That would be a big upgrade from his 29 points during his rookie season. 

Defense/Goaler

Kaberle has been on a tear this year with 36 points, and now I'm looking at him enviously as I probably should have grabbed him for my fantasy team. Sova is on track for a breakout point per game year with 22 points so far. JaredN Jr has nearly passed his rookie season in points with 16 so far. Wu is having a slower start, but I think that's due to his role shifting over the years in the backend, especially with Sova and Kaberle there now. Tretiak is having a great year so far with a .928 SV% which is 2nd best in the league. He has a 13-6-1 record, as well as the best GAA with a 2.64. Malmo's new backup Karlsson has a perfect 3-0 record as the backup this year, with a .913 SV% and a 2.95 GAA. 

That's it for today, we got lots of season left so lets keep rolling NIGHTHAWKS!!!!!!:mal:💪

@animal74 @BOOM @TMGSosa @.sniffuM @scoop @fromtheinside @jared @kevinscix @v.2 @Molholt @Erik

Review: I love reading your articles. There is always some great insight to be found, and of course there's nothing I love more than reading about the Nighthawks! This is a very good overview of the season so far, and I like how you compare to last season's production. No major spelling mistakes or grammatical errors, and everything is broken up well into paragraphs. Great work! 9/10

Awesome article, everything is divided on easy to read headlines and paragraphs. It is very easy to read, maybe because you divided it so well. I am a weird person but it bugged me out that 2 headlines were yellow and one red, for me those should have been either all yellow or all different colour, but it's not anything against you, it's more my issue :D. But awesome article and hope to see more of you!

9.5/10