Jardy's Chodesode #28: Podcasts and Pronouns

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

Perhaps not suitable for your tween ears? But listen if you want I'm not your f*cking dad.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/The-Chodesode-28-Podcasts-and-Pronouns-e1a1o3j

In a rare twist of fate, this podcast is actually relatively short! I go off about:

- The surge of podcasts lately and my struggles to keep up with them

- How I shouldn't talk much about pronouns and then I kind of do anyway

Mentions, mostly brief:

@N0HBDY @Spartan @thadthrasher @Berocka @dasboot @Ahma @FrostBeard @BladeMaiden @fishy @rory @Nykonax

- do you listen to podcasts at regular speed? i can't listen to them unless they're at least 1.75x speed.

it's not your responsibility to listen to every podcast that's released. it's cool that you feel a commitment to engaging with people, but you are not singlehandedly held accountable for listening and responding to every single one. 

- with regard to pronouns, just try. that's all. like you said, if people just try to be respectful, that's a great step toward development. trying is very cool

Edited by fishy

I appreciate that you want to listen to people's podcasts, and that you listen to mine especially 😁

As always man, I love your podcast. This morning, as I was listening and you were ranting away, someone walked into my office. I had to scramble to pause it, praying that one of your expletives  wouldn't escape. I was fortunate lol

11 hours ago, fishy said:

- do you listen to podcasts at regular speed? i can't listen to them unless they're at least 1.75x speed.

it's not your responsibility to listen to every podcast that's released. it's cool that you feel a commitment to engaging with people, but you are not singlehandedly held accountable for listening and responding to every single one. 

- with regard to pronouns, just try. that's all. like you said, if people just try to be respectful, that's a great step toward development. trying is very cool

To point one, no I don’t, as smart of a strategy as that is. I like listening to OG recordings, I’m a snobby purist 😌

To point two, I do know that, though this point in general is something I need to continually remind myself with the VHL. Especially when it comes to trying to max earn, or contribute to BOG discussions, or whatever. Having more stress than fun burnt me out hard years ago, so there’s plenty of things I just have to be comfortable letting go. That said, with listening to podcasts in particular, I do genuinely enjoy doing it, this is a case of me talking shit as a love language 🥰

To point three, :cheers: