S83 Team Asia Roster Announcement + Locker Room

jRuutu

LINES ARE IN! Games start tonight 🍻

First two lines are scoring lines, third line is expected to be more of a defensive or balancing line. Since we have only 4 D's in the roster there are not that many options, but I wanted to pair offense and defense together, so let's see how the pairs works.  Overall mentality: we are here to play hockey. 

51 minutes ago, DMaximus said:

What's the TPE max for the tournament? Can I apply my banked TPE now, or does it not matter at this point?

I believe it does not matter at this point, but I will ask around!

E: Nope, players play with playoff ratings :(

Edited by jRuutu

Decent start!

Strong first period against Team World when it comes to shots, but we could not get the puck into the net. Tough 2nd period with so many penalties for both teams. Nothing in the third,  Magomedov showed some fire as gloves were dropped,  5-1 loss :(

Canada game a lot better game, 3-1 victory! Sakamoto in the boss mode against Canada, 12 hits and 9 shots blocked!

I might make some changes for the next set of games, *Retoslav press box, cough*, we will see.

Standings are tight! Last two games are against USA and Team Europe, we lost quite heavily to them last time, so let's see whether minor changes to the lineup translates into tighter games.

23 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Standings are tight! Last two games are against USA and Team Europe, we lost quite heavily to them last time, so let's see whether minor changes to the lineup translates into tighter games.

👀🕵️

Edited by leandrofg
Formatting;

I have contacted the AIHF, Asian Ice Hockey Federation, about the possibility of using the face of Ryuji Sakamoto as the flag in the S84 WJC.

8 games: 52 hits, 4 points, 26 pims, 25 shots blocked.

Skill, talent, passion.

Join me and lets form a line, so we can take turns shaking hands with Sakamoto!

Silver - again. Not a bad tournament still. We managed to improve as the tournament moved forward, I think that is a what you want from a tournament team. Thank you for following the tournament and good luck in your careers!

@eagle_3450
 @Zack
@Erik
 @chikn
@JCarson
 @Plate
 @Motzaburger
 @Grape
@Webberj
 @der meister
 @badcolethetitan
 @Adrest245
 @hedgehog337
 @DMaximus
 @Devise

I will add some random points and thoughs that came up when I was staring at the sims and doing the lines during the tournament, mostly player build related:

Low defense  - no puck?

Sakamoto and Yasilievich seemed to get mentioned more frequently in the reports with "pass by x" - Marino and AK92 both have lower defense and also overall ratings, much fewer mentions. Even when Marino (64/64 PA/SC) played next to Sakamoto(40/40PA/SC) - same thing, Sakamoto with the puck much more frequently.

Similar is true with the centers, Suzuki and Busser did not try to pass nearly as often as Retoslav.  Comparing Bennett and Magomedov from the wingers offered similar results, Bennett with the puck much more often, Bennett has higher defense than Magomedov.

The same goes to shooting. If you look at the scoring page, players with defense had the most shots, turn it around - players with low defense had the least number of shots. Not a 100% fact as AK92 had only 10 shots despite having one of the better D ratings, playing time matters, etc, but as a general statement a decent one I would say.

Rebound control?

When comparing the goalies, Wallob and Bryzgalov, the only real difference between them is the rebound control, Bryzgalov is also slightly bigger, but then again Wallob has better hand speed. Wallob started the tournament and played well, but Bryzgalov played even better in the last two games of round robin, I had to keep him in net and it was the right move as he was a key player in the semi-final game.  Comparing two USA games, Wallob started the other, Bryzgalov the second. Both faced 46 shots.  "Stopped by x with a rebound" gives the following: Bryzgalov 22 hits, Wallob 32. I'm too lazy to count the actual numbers, and it's two games only, but perhaps fair to state that Wallob dropped few more rebounds than Bryzgalov. (I don't know how rebound control works, but I assume large part of it is: not giving rebounds?)

Hitting

Sakamoto had 52 hits in 8 round robin games, that total was achieved with 70 checking, so if you want to bully people around on this level at least - 70 is more than enough checking! Bit surprisingly Sakamoto also got 26 penalty minutes, so even if 70 sounds low, you might still collect fair number of pims. Is this somehow related to the new attribute system? I remember in the past 70 checking was considered the point when you are not a total softie anymore, now you are a beast.

Faceoffs

Surprisingly, the centers with points in faceoffs managed to win some of them. Retoslav (53 FO) the best with 56%, Suzuki (50 FO) 48%, Busser (40 FO) 40%. 

so even if 70 sounds low, you might still collect fair number of pims. Is this somehow related to the new attribute system? I remember in the past 70 checking was considered the point when you are not a total softie anymore, now you are a beast.

The thing is you can get to 65 checking if you only invest 1 per related hybrid attribute (bodycheck). Which then lets people invest in more important attributes. And few dare touch 'grit' as this also increases fighting which most do not like.

So you either have to invest more points into checking or you tap into grit. And neither of these options are popular atm. So basically the checking is lower in average as it used to be and hence Sakamoto stands out as they invested more points in it than Joe Average. In German we have a saying 'amongst the blind, the one-eyed is king'. That is what happened here, I think.

1 hour ago, Daniel Janser said:

The thing is you can get to 65 checking if you only invest 1 per related hybrid attribute (bodycheck). Which then lets people invest in more important attributes. And few dare touch 'grit' as this also increases fighting which most do not like.

So you either have to invest more points into checking or you tap into grit. And neither of these options are popular atm. So basically the checking is lower in average as it used to be and hence Sakamoto stands out as they invested more points in it than Joe Average. In German we have a saying 'amongst the blind, the one-eyed is king'. That is what happened here, I think.

Oooh I see! So the times have changed, 65 CK is now a tough guy :(

4 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

Indeed. That's part of the plan with Ryuji. I added 4 points to Grit, which is as much as I could add without increasing fighting.