Comparing the Houston bulls to NHL players

KRZY

I saw the post for the Red Wolves counterparts and thought it would be fun to do this for the Bulls as well ! so here we go this is all my opinion based on what I think everyone brings to the team!

Todd Cooke ( l1l KRZY l9l ) Centre

Auston Matthews 

This killed me to put in here as I’m a hardcore oilers fan but the comparisons to Matthews in my opinion were there and I couldn’t ignore them. Cooke has a similar build to Matthews just slightly taller . He puts up points , puts the puck in the net and contributes on the defensive side of the puck each shift , kills penalties he does whatever is asked of him ! Cooke has worked hard to prove he can hang with the best at this level look for him to continue to get better as his career progresses!

Daniel Weaver ( @ThePerfectNut) Left Wing

Jamie Benn 

Weaver plays a physical position game much like Jamie Benn he’s the power forward that every team would love to have . He also has the outstanding leadership quality as the Bulls Capitan . Weaver scores goals , puts up points throws huge hits and does whatever his team needs for them too win ! Definitely in the conversation for team MVP this year !

Jani Karppinen ( @ShawnGlade) Defence

Cale Makar

Karppinen has been the power play quarterback/shutdown D man . Whatever the Bulls have needed he’s been that and more for them . Among the league leaders in multiple stats for defenders in the league he should without question be in the conversation for top defence man in the VHLM this year ! 

Brayden Albrecht ( @Gage2) Centre

Roope Hintz

Albrecht has been phenomenal for the Bulls this year plays wherever he’s been asked . He does his job very well and is a key contributor to the Bulls . Much like Hintz he is an offensive driver putting up almost point a game numbers . His importance to this team Can’t overlooked 

Phil Strasmore ( @Phil) Defence

Victor Hedman 

Since coming over earlier this season Strasmore has been a calming force on the backend . Contributing in every possible way the Bulls could have ever asked him too ! He’s got size , speed , great hockey IQ overall a solid add this season to the team !

Isamu Knievel ( @TMGSosa) Defence

Torey Krug 

Isamu was I believe an early season waiver or free agent claim . He’s a pit bull on the ice . His teammates love him and he plays his heart out every game ! Don’t let his size fool you this guys plays like he’s 6 foot 4 !

Damien Steele ( @73MPL4R) Centre

Nick Suzuki

Steele was a huge acquisition midway through the season from Miami . He’s come in and played excellent two way hockey for the Bulls this year ! Easily one of the top defensive forwards in the league . He can also produce at over a point per game clip as well ! 

Izaak Bobs (@izaak ) Defence

Colton Parayko

Bobs has been a top shutdown guy this year all year playing up and down the line up ! Easily having chemistry with any of his d partners ! Bobs is huge in size and defensive impact ! His value can’t be overlooked he is a key player in this d core !

Lloyd Braun ( @Toast) Defence

Noah Dobson

Braun is a promising young defender with all the makings of a future top 2 guy ! He’s been a huge mid season acquisition for the Bulls , expect him to get better from here on out ! 

Ronaldono Ronaldono ( @ThomasSyster) RW

Tage Thompson 

This guy has been an absolute force since coming over from Miami. His size alone helps him win pretty much every puck battle and makes putting up points a breeze every night . He’s complemented the top line nicely and proved to be a very valuable asset going down the stretch

Johnny Kalamazoo ( @KzooJohn) LW

Conor Sheary

this guys a Swiss Army knife he can play up and down your line up . And do whatever is asked of him night in and out ! Provides a ton of energy and is tough to play against .

Joel Roger’s ( @Jrocket09) defence

Erik Johnson 

provides great depth and stability to the defensive core , all around solid player that can play anywhere in your lineup easily . 

Daryl Dixon ( @Ricer13)  RW

Kailer Yamamoto

spark plug energy guy , relentless on the forecheck , can chip in offensively and defensively as well . Never takes a shift off , has been a solid depth forward since he was picked up !

Yaroslav Bogatyrev ( @Bojovnik) RW 

Josh Anderson

Great power forward that can create plays deliver game changing hits and really impact a game whenever he’s on the ice . While not always the most flashy his impact is felt one way or another!

Rick Grimes ( @tinafrombobsburgers) C

Ryan McLeod 

Very valuable depth centre , his speed and ferocity can impact a game in so many ways ! This guy is a star in the making , big things coming from him in the future !

Bill Nye The Puck Stopping Guy ( @Big Newff) Goalie

Igor Shesterkin

FRANCHISE Goalie in the making , the back bone of the bulls this season . He can single handedly steal game for them or dominate from start to finish . Either way he’s going to be a top goalie for many years to come !

Ash Sparks ( @DarkSpyro)  Goalie

Spencer Knight

Lors of promise from what we’ve seen so far , has huge upside . It’ll be interesting to see how he handles the gradual increase of workload . 

so there you have it my opinion on the players that beat match the bulls players . This took way longer then I thought it would be I had tons of fun writing it . Thank you hope you enjoy the read !

Edited by l1l KRZY l9l

Hey I don't know if you know, but I am hosting a VHLM Writing Competition. Your article fits the theme and if you want your article entered into the competition just lmk!

4 hours ago, nurx said:

Hey I don't know if you know, but I am hosting a VHLM Writing Competition. Your article fits the theme and if you want your article entered into the competition just lmk!

Sign me up !!