DAV/CGY/HSK; S86

VHL Bot

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Conditions:

If Deron Nesbitt signs with Davos for S87, S88 DAV 3rd becomes S88 DAV 2nd

If Karl Pedersen signs with Calgary after their ELC, the S87 and S88 CGY 3rds become S88 CGY 2nd.

@Ricer13 @Rayzor_7 To confirm

Hello @Alex + @Ricer13 + @Rayzor_7

Just a point of clarification to make sure everyone understands a few things here:

6.4 - Conditional Trades

Teams may add conditions to trades, so long as they do not circumvent any other rules regarding player movement, including, but not limited to: Traded Draft Pick restrictions or Violating the integrity of the league.

• All conditions must convert prior to the conclusion of the following off-season.

Seeing Pedersen is signed until the conclusion of S87, an extension would have to be signed next offseason between rollover into S87 and the S87 VHL draft. An extension signed after the S87 draft would mean this condition is not enforceable since one of the picks involved has been used already.

Secondly, Nesbitt is a FA going into S86. Not sure whether the condition involving S87 is intentional here, but I'd just like to confirm.

22 minutes ago, Spartan said:

Seeing Pedersen is signed until the conclusion of S87, an extension would have to be signed next offseason between rollover into S87 and the S87 VHL draft. An extension signed after the S87 draft would mean this condition is not enforceable since one of the picks involved has been used already.

Secondly, Nesbitt is a FA going into S86. Not sure whether the condition involving S87 is intentional here, but I'd just like to confirm.

The Pedersen contract situation was discussed in our talks and to my knowledge Ricer will attempt to get a contract extension done with them next offseason. 

I am aware that Nesbitt is a pending FA, condition is essentially a “if Nesbitt is signed through S87”

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

The Pedersen contract situation was discussed in our talks and to my knowledge Ricer will attempt to get a contract extension done with them next offseason. 

I am aware that Nesbitt is a pending FA, condition is essentially a “if Nesbitt is signed through S87”

All good then, just wanted to make sure everyone understands that all these conditions essentially have be met before the end of the S86->S87 offseason, and the one regarding the S87 draft picks would have to be met before the S87 draft. If we're all on the same page, then nothing else needs to be done.

Edited by Spartan

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 1:10 PM, Alex said:

If Deron Nesbitt signs with Davos for S87, S88 DAV 3rd becomes S88 DAV 2nd

As a result of Davos's trade with Seattle, this condition has not been met and Davos will retain their S88 2nd.

• Head Moderator
5 hours ago, Alex said:

As a result of Davos's trade with Seattle, this condition has not been met and Davos will retain their S88 2nd.

On 10/29/2022 at 2:30 PM, Spartan said:

Hello @Alex + @Ricer13 + @Rayzor_7

Just a point of clarification to make sure everyone understands a few things here:

Am I reading this incorrectly or is this premature since you technically have to wait until the end of the Season 86 off-season

10 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

Am I reading this incorrectly or is this premature since you technically have to wait until the end of the Season 86 off-season

Technically it’s a bit premature, but it is now impossible for the condition to be met.