Season 86 Draft: Where Will the Goalie Go?

Frank

Top 4 Season 86 Goalie Prospects:

Fuuka Rask @Jubis (335 TPE) Ranked #4

Joel Castle @animal74 (311 TPE) Ranked #5

Lachlan Summers @kirbithan (295 TPE) Ranked #6

Ash Sparks @DarkSpyro (275 TPE) Ranked #9

gettyimages-1093443784_wide-d0ce42910472

With 4 goalies in the top 9 in total TPE, teams later in the draft could see a goalie fall to them. Especially with Seattle owning 4 of the top 8 picks. The only teams selecting in the first round are Riga, Seattle, Helsinki, Toronto, London, Vancouver, Davos, Calgary, Moscow and D.C.. Of those teams only Seattle, Helsinki, Toronto and Davos are in dire need of franchise or bona fide number 1 goalie prospect. I predict where each goalie goes in the draft: 

3rd Overall Pick - Fuuka Rask @Jubis :hel:

After Seattle passes on a goalie at 2nd overall and opts to draft @Bojovnik. Helsinki wastes no time in selecting the top ranked goalie in Rask. After Helsinki dealt Xavier Booberry to Davos at the deadline they are now in need for cornerstone between the pipes. I could also see them waiting until #9 to see who falls. But I'm not sure if @Rayzor_7 is willing to take that risk when he has a sure thing in Jubis' player. 

5th Overall Pick - Joel Castle @animal74 :tor:

With @Agito seemingly taking the reigns from @Doomsday for the time being and quietly shopping his own player Jeremy Swayman. I believe Toronto will take BPA and draft a replacement for Lindbergh. Joel Castle looks to be a number 1 goalie in the VHL quite easily so this would be a safe pick for Toronto and fill a positional need going forward if Swayman can't fill Lindbergh's shoes in a couple seasons. 

8th Overall PIck - Ash Sparks @DarkSpyro :sea:

Spyro has a history with @Banackock and current player Chip Stone @DoktorFunk so Seattle opting not to select him would be surprising as their next pick is 21 and a goalie with 250+ tpe likely doesn't fall that far. 

12 Overall Pick - Lachlan Summers @kirbithan :dav:

Probably a lot later then this player deserves to go and I'm an old man, so what do I know? Summers has been one of the best first gens in this draft class and likely has the highest upside of any goalie in this draft. If not for the Seattle connection with Spyro I could easily see them landing there. Unfortunately not many teams need goalies right now so I can see at least one if not two falling to this spot. Davos takes BPA and has a surefire replacement for Booberry when he ultimately retires in a few seasons. I don't think @Alex would be able to pass up a goalie of this caliber at this spot in the draft. 

This is the part where those who are tagged can tell me I'm OTL. 

:cheers: Hopefully everyone has a killer draft tomorrow. 

Edited by Frank