VSN Presents: Campbell's Corner

Banackock

GFg34Sz.png?width=930%26height=372&key=6

Edition #9: New Year, New Season, New Campbell's Corner (Again)!

It feels like it’s been forever since I’ve actually sat down to take the time to write a proper media spot. Last week was the first significant writing I’ve done in the league since August of 2022 and while the break has felt like a nice vacation after years and years of activity, you can definitely feel a bit of the rust that has accumulated over the last half a year. As a lot of people already know from private talking, locker rooms or this article , I will be moving to Australia for about 10-12 months and our flight officially leaves on February 26th. I think, despite having a plan and a good bit of money hidden away, it’s still going to be quite the challenge and setting myself up for success in other areas before I go so they either don’t add to the stress or I can continue to use them for enjoyment is incredibly important. As I’ve found over my time with the Victory Hockey League, it’s almost easier to write week in and week out if you have some form of a template. Basically I’m saying league blabber for 500+ words and you’re good to go! If you’re constantly being creative every single week, the task becomes a bit daunting and sometimes can weigh on your shoulders as a job instead of a task. Fortunately for us, the league is always simulating, pumping out stats or has something go on and therefore we’re always blessed with content to blab about. 

I’m excited to be back in the writing action and this week I’m going to be having a little bit of fun. In my latest Bana Blab's #57, I did a small amount of hunting through the Bears records and all-time current player stats and found a few who were dialing in on some milestones. This week we’re all going to hop into our trusty VHL hot air balloon created by  @iRockstar and go around the leagues to see what’s going on. With that being said, tie your shoes and take your vitamins because we’re turning the heat on and hopping in the balloon! Weeeeeooooo

9yL4eT3MULbOU25u7YuAVIOuV1Rtt7v7LXOOvzIJ7mg5c3ltcP9Y03p6aD9if2tixUBoZVGNFDxVVK2v0k_G2bOZFMTaW4wUcXmbZlmoVYfM_ZkF9-bgyMgU2uNFVYTFh_TuTYlxJJRDQydLVmPqoQo

VHL

S87 VHL Index

• TEAMS: The Wolves are back and they’re seemingly very hungry with a 14-2-1 record. LA and CGY are right behind them with 24 points each. Calgary isn’t a huge surprise for me. They have a lot of good pieces on that team and they’re led by a good GM. Both could be said for LA too in some sense, but also not with quite the same confidence. LA has good pieces and a great goalie, but they have holes in their defense. A literal log jam from 5th to 13th in the league, as all those teams are within 4 points. It was actually crazy but a lot of fun to see that. Tight competition between all these teams will make it a more fun situation while it lasts. Helsinki and Toronto are trying to out tank one another. Who wins? My bet is on Toronto!
  • It’s awesome to see how Daniel Janser ( @Daniel Janser) has turned out in the VHL. Ever since they were a prospect entering the league, I had very good vibes when it came to this member and player. Taking a look at their career and this season - you’d be right. They lead the league with 27 points and are having a very dominant, MVP like season. Nezuko ( @Baozi) leads a tight race for the Kevin Brooks trophy https://vhlportal.com/hof/awards/history/9 with 13 goals to date. My very own player, Mikhail Kovalchuk with London, currently has 20 apples on the year to lead the VHL in assists. Biggie Cheese ( @a_Ferk) out here being a double predator as he’s the top Dman for points. Larry Abass Jr ( @RileyL) is the crown holder at the moment for rookie players with the most points. Jani Karppinen ( @ShawnGlade) is lethal at the most with a shooting average of 18.18%. It does help if you’ve only shot the puck 22 times in 17 games played. Callum Murray ( @Berocka) is playing, on average, 1.74 more minutes per game than the second highest average of 31.21. Both are LA Stars players.
  • Brandt Fuhr ( @Tate) is one of those hungry wolves and leads the league for wins with 14 and a very solid 1.81 GAA. They also three-way share the shutout lead with Art Vandelay ( @Gustav) and Oskar Lindbergh ( @Doomsday) with 3. Henry Tucker Jr ( @NSG) has faced the most penalty shot attempts with 18 against them. 

VHLE

S87 VHLE Index

• TEAMS: Over in everyone’s favorite league within our VHL world, the VHLE. One thing I will admit about the E is that maybe it’s not as turbulent when it comes to the difference from all teams, but then again, I think I’m also wrong because there’s less teams. Cologne leads the way in the VHLE with a 15-4-0 record. The next three in Oslo, Vasteras and Geneva are all within a 3 point, close battle. You love to see it! The next 3 are where things really start to fall off with Stockholm, Istanbul and Bratislava and then to terribly cap things off, we have last places Rome Gladiators with a 1-17-0 record. 
  • Adeline Delle Donne ( @Dtayl ) leads the way for goals (19)  and points (37) and is a huge part to why Vasteras is in the mix. Sebastien Dokis ( @Sebastien) and Curtis Crumb ( @Crummer77) co-own the lead with 26 apples. Crumb also is the number one d-man when it comes to points so far this season. Womp Womp Womp Womp Womp Jr ( @AdamEss) is making me a huge fan because of their physical play out on the ice. 42 MORE hits than 2nd place (102 VS 60). Would it surprise you if we told you they also led the league with 64 penalty minutes? 
  • Justin Lion ( @Emperor_Fun) leads the E for W’s with a 13-3-0 record. They also have the most shutouts with 3 so far! Jean Mercier ( @Is_thatok) is a work horse as they’ve ironed out playing 1081 minutes. Has their coach ever let them take a break yet?? Istanbul’s CPU goalie is currently the “Bana Bad Pick” of the week for the VHLE with a record of 7-11-0 and a SV% of .859, GAA of 4.22

VHLM

S87 VHLM Index

• TEAMS: It’s been a long time since I’ve paid attention to the VHM or anything like that. Of course I keep my eyes on players and their developments, but I’m not regularly looking at the index or their portal portions and seeing how the teams and players are doing overall. This season, it seems like the same old same old. Hot, hot, hot on top. Cold, cold, fucking ice cold on the bottom. Mexico City Kings are running away with things, having been undefeated in 16 games and outsourcing the second most team by 22 goals. Their goal differential is also 26 higher than the next team which sits at 16. After them, it’s a sharp drop off to San Diego and Houston for the next highest spots. Flip on over and the three top are a bit closer than the other conference. All within 6 points from 20-26. Saskatoon and Philadelphia combined for a total of 4 wins. Two teams with the lowest win totals combined together don’t even equal the next teams (Halifax with 5 –5-8-3)
  • Captain Nugget ( @Captain nugget) leads the VHLM for points with 40, assists with 25 and co-shares the lead from goals with fellow teammate Grizz Tazzo ( @xslapxshotsx) with 15. Keita Kourou ( @woog) is firing anything they can on net as they lead the M with 128 shots and are having a career season so far for themselves in the M. Colton Heffelfinger ( @heffcolton) is having a very strong sophomore season in the M as he leads all D-men with 27 points. Mark Callaway ( @Beketov) is, at the moment, showing the M why Beketov players can be magic as he’s iced the cake in 7 games so far and leads for GWG.
  • A dear old friend, @Zetterbergand his players Ross Glagau, lead the M for all goalies in the M with 16 DUBZ. Matthew ( @Jack kidd) McCagg leads for both SV% (.921) and GAA (1.99). Their numbers are just as strong as last season for their win-loss record and they’ve strongly improved their other stats too! Lastly, while things have been rough this season in Saskatoon, they have a lot to be happy for too. Stefan Norris ( @Elman Diablo) has been working their ass off! They currently lead the M for goalies with 580 shots against and have even had a bit of a naughty streak while leading for penalty minutes amongst goalies with 6. Congrats on recently hitting 200 TPE! Keep up the work and have fun.

Point Task/Job Claim

Spoiler

January 30th to February 5th - 8 TPE Pay

February 6th to February 12th - 8 TPE Pay

Edited by Banackock