S40 Team PT Vote

Victor

S40 All-Time Rosters Team PT  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Also STZ, no offense but I find it kind of bullshit to say NY and Vasty are the clear top 2. Cologne and Quebec put in just as much work as they did, formatted it nicely, added personal touches. The two expansion teams had far less history to work with as well, and did what they could. 

I'm fine with us determining an award system for who gets what TPE based on how well they are done, but again this type of vote is silly. 

Quebec's was carried on the back of only 3 people too.

Everyone put in a lot of work, and everyone is going to get defensive about their submission. Why can't we just appreciate that everyone submitted something of substance and stop being so fucking negative.. Just for once. 

Everyone put in a lot of work, and everyone is going to get defensive about their submission. Why can't we just appreciate that everyone submitted something of substance and stop being so fucking negative.. Just for once. 

Because some teams didn't put in as much work and admitted as much? It isn't about being negative, it's about being fair. The fact that the Helsinki, Toronto, Quebec, Col, Seattle would get rewarded the same as Calgary would make this whole thing a joke. It isn't about just "defending" your own submission. It's about looking at all the submissions unbiased, and if you can honestly tell me you see no difference in quality then I think your crazy. 

If I were to make an honest suggestion for how this really should be done, screw the voting. Get the Blue Team to form together as an unbiased unit and "grade" every single one of these submissions out of a score that would be the highest reward. Then go from there. They can post their thoughts and feedback as well. 

Edited by Devise22

Get the Blue Team to form together as an unbiased unit and "grade" every single one of these submissions out of a score that would be the highest reward.

Pretty smart idea.

I still don't like how much you are shitting on Calgary. I can appreciate the fact that there are variances in the level of buy-in each team had, but there's no need to alienate them. For the most part everyone got the essence of this PT - and in all honesty this was the first time we've ever even done a team collaborative PT (something that was great which we should do more of). I just feel like after such a successful initiative to be negative and already getting hung up on who's was better, it is just taking away from the great content that was posted a few days ago.

That's all I'll say on the subject. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, and you can express it however you like. I wish as a league we could just focus on the actual point of this PT and that's celebrating a giant milestone for the league and the players who have made it that way. Instead we focus on the negative aspects - don't believe me? Read some of the responses on each article, you'll see a lot of "what teams didn't do good enough"..

If Calgary had formatted sure. But I honestly think they deserve LESS than everyone else. I get they had no graphics people, but zero titles or headers, no colors? I mean Davos didn't do any graphics but at least it is presented. Calgarys wouldn't even get a 6/6 on a media spot ffs. 

Do you know the circumstances of Calgary's submission? I certainly wouldn't be arguing for LESS TPE then everyone else but I don't know the way the payout will be assessed.

Do you know the circumstances of Calgary's submission? I certainly wouldn't be arguing for LESS TPE then everyone else but I don't know the way the payout will be assessed.

I think people misunderstand my frustration with Calgary's. They didn't get started till later, I get that. BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE FOR NO FORMATTING. MEDIA SPOTS ARE FORMATTED BETTER. They couldn't be bothered to take the 2 minutes to add a title, some header, some color and maybe even a random player image or two? 

Fuck that. It's a giant wall of plain text. Davos got started late, but they still added all the formatting stuff. As far as I'm concerned getting started late is no excuse for lack formatting. 

Edited by Devise22

I agree, why focus on one teams negative doing instead of looking at all the ones were teams put lots of effort into. I do agree that some teams should get more TPE then others because honestly if they put in the work, why should they not get it back? New York and Vasteras both did great jobs going outside the box and doing things other teams did not do. 

Just leave it at that, this was a great opportunity for teams to showcase there histories. Obviously some teams have had better histories than others put more into this, but good job.

Yeah I think it was well done, but personally I feel like it was TOO much extra done, and it loses the essence of what it was supposed to be. But that's me, and you're right advantage, I worded my comment poorly.

Young prodigy, you make more friend with honey than by shitting on their chest.  

It's ok though, you're still learning   :)

Edited by edgar

Young prodigy, you make more friend with honey than by shitting on their chest.  

It's ok though, you're still learning   :)

Yeah, not shitting on peoples' chests has never been Jala's strong suit.

I think people misunderstand my frustration with Calgary's. They didn't get started till later, I get that. BUT THAT IS NO EXCUSE FOR NO FORMATTING. MEDIA SPOTS ARE FORMATTED BETTER. They couldn't be bothered to take the 2 minutes to add a title, some header, some color and maybe even a random player image or two? 

Fuck that. It's a giant wall of plain text. Davos got started late, but they still added all the formatting stuff. As far as I'm concerned getting started late is no excuse for lack formatting. 

I'm as surprised as you that there's no colour or anything. I don't mean to throw anyone under the bus, but DA wrote almost all of it and I helped a little. He submitted it and I have no idea why it's only a wall of text and no pictures or anything.

I could have easily done a bunch of touch ups on it afterwards.

It was posted in our LR as a wall of text but I didn't think that was the final product.

Not to be a dick or anything, DA. You do a lot of work. There probably should have been better communication at least.

Fair enough Trav, honestly I'm not trying to "rag" on people for it. STZ is right in the point that this is about celebrating 40 seasons. I just don't think it's right that something that is considered a team point task, gets submitted from a whole team and wouldn't even get full marks as a regular media spot point task as being considered "okay, no big deal." 

Work was put in by all, and nobody is denying that. But I feel like the honoring of the 40 seasons was the point of the actual task, the feedback of it to me is about ensuring if we do this again (which I think we should) we have a proper template for it. The whole click on this and you can find out all you need to know about a specific franchise that NY presented I think is something even outside of this that the league should have for every team. 

The voting system is bad. It actually promotes people to not vote - the team with most actives will be at a disadvantage. I think we give New York and Vasteras the top prize and then the rest of the teams get the participant award. 

At the end of the day, this was a pretty badass PT idea, that a lot of teams did very well. There's really no need for a biased vote. I think the top two are clear, and the rest did enough to deserve TPE. Just my two cents.

Yeah because it's not like Toronto wrote a full media spot in addition to a graphic for each player or anything.

The voting system is bad. It actually promotes people to not vote - the team with most actives will be at a disadvantage. I think we give New York and Vasteras the top prize and then the rest of the teams get the participant award. 

At the end of the day, this was a pretty badass PT idea, that a lot of teams did very well. There's really no need for a biased vote. I think the top two are clear, and the rest did enough to deserve TPE. Just my two cents.

Yes take away our democracy. 

Funny to see how the "standards" were raised suddently about the team point task. What we had as an exemple were pretty much simple, short and clean. Suddently, a long ass brick was necessary. Well, maybe we should have been told to make it long to read.