S40 Announcements about Changes, not Celebrations

Victor

• Admin

The 40th anniversary celebrations are far from over but as the team PT vote ends and the trade deadline approaches, now seems a good time to make some announcements affecting this and future seasons.

Player Store Changes

- Extra Fan 590s/VHL.com articles will be removed
- They will be replaced by:

VHL.com article/Radio Upgrade - $2 000 000
6 TPE Point Task Upgrade - $2 000 000
Adds +1 TPE to your 590/2 TPE Radio/MS/GFX/Podcast for the season it is purchased in. This will be active for 8 weeks of the season and will count against the weekly 9 TPE cap.

- Triple Award Predictions will now cost $5 000 000, 500k more than previously
- VHLM players will NOT be eligible for any prediction point multipliers
- Retiring players will also NOT be eligible for any prediction point multipliers

VHLM 175 TPE Cap Changes

- After the end of Season 40, no VHLM player's attributes will be allowed to exceed 175 TPE. All TPE earned to put the player above 175 will be banked until they leave the VHLM.
- The start of season (last Monday of off-season) VHLM TPE cut-off will now be 200 TPE. This means a player can start the season in the VHLM with 175 TPE and 25 banked, earning more banked TPE as the season progresses.

Recruitment TPE Changes

- TPE payouts will be now based on your recruit reaching the following milestones. This will be enforced starting with all S42 draftees.

100 TPE - 2 TPE reward
200 TPE - 5 TPE reward
300 TPE - 5 TPE reward

- The BOG believes this payout (a potential 12 TPE) is fairer yet keeps recruitment TPE at a premium. It will also emphasise a player securing VHL status before being worth the largest sum of TPE, rather than the previously easily achieved 100 TPE.
- Pre-S42 draftee recruits will be subject to old recruitment TPE schemes. However, any doubles earned from previous recruitment drives will no longer be effective.

Banked in VHLM is total tpe + banked tpe. Where as in the VHL total tpe is both total and banked tpe added together. Just thought that should be mentioned. 

Edited by Frank

• Admin

Banked in VHLM is total tpe + banked tpe. Where as in the VHL total tpe is both total and banked tpe added together. Just thought that should be mentioned.

Don't think the distinction is necessary. 200 TPE (25 banked) will be 175 allocated and 25 not.

Also, completely forgot, cut gallery will be 1 uncapped TPE a week for any number of cuts. Starting now. Likely monitored by intelligent GFX people, so no cheating.

Hoping these player store changes keep people a bit more happy. BoG and Blue Team realize that people miss plain TPE packages, however as stated in the Power Poll that was kind of the point. But we feel this option goes hand in hand with the welfare option, giving people an opportunity for some safe TPE every season provided they are actually putting in some work. 

Why take away predictions from retiring? Does that count for the ones already purchased? If so, can I respend my money?

I don't know about the ones already purchased, although I'm sure if they do take it back you'll be able to re spend your money. For a while now though we have noticed that several newer members to the league don't enjoy the difference in TPE between a recreate and themselves in the same draft class. Seeing players with overly high TPE levels at the draft for various reasons is something that can discourage newer members. Because despite their activity levels, they will never catch "x" player. 

TPE predictions for a retiring member would add on top of carry over. It's something a newer member wouldn't have access to. So on top of the potential 75 carry over, you could see as many as 30 TPE for your new player. Although I don't see that happening often, as I think last seasons high prediction points is the exception not the rule. Either way though that is why the change was made. 

That was the only useful retiring purchase

Not anymore. Now buy the point task upgrade for the season. It carries over to your new player if you retire mid season, earns you extra carry over before that because you are earning TPE. 

- VHLM players will NOT be eligible for any prediction point multipliers

First seasons only, or send downs as well?

Obviously if you are still under the cap in your second season. Because you don't get money in your first season as you didn't sign with a team.

• Admin

If you intend to be in the VHLM in your second post VHL draft season, don't buy prediction multipliers until then.

Break it down for an idiot. How will these changes effect me with Odin?

Not at all really. Just the 175 hard attribute cap for the new player.