Helsinki - Davos Nemesis

Thunder

If you ask @Ahma, which team is the biggest nemesis for HC Davos, you will get this answer every time; Helstinky.  I have to agree with the great predictor.  Helsinki always seems to be a problem child for Davos, and with that being said, this is going to be a breakdown of Helsinki, mostly for the TPE, which I am going to try to make it a two week doc, since I will be fishing next week, I need to try to get my shit done so I can catch my food for the winter and not be concerned about earning my max TPE.

The best way to start this discussion is the management.  Helsinki changed general managers after the season and there were several people looking to earn the spot, which was ultimately given to Samx.  @samx has been in the league for several seasons and has a lot of experience.  She’s definitely knowledgeable about the VHL and can easily make her way through trades, drafts, and other decision making that goes with being a good manager.  It appears that she stepped in and started right away looking to get Helsinki into a competitive field of European teams all competing for the next cup.

Does Samx have what it takes to be a good GM for Helsinki?  Probably so.  Is she at the caliber GM as HC Davos GM @Alex?  Most definitely not.  No offense Samx, but Alex is the best GM in the league and he is responsible for Davos winning the cup as well as competing season after season.  Being the nice guy Alex is, you could probably hit him up with questions as I’m sure he’d help you with anything to make you a better GM, but it will be at a price.  You must make sure Helsinki loses to Davos all season.

Next is the assistant GM comparison.  Since Samx has yet to choose her AGM, this will be a short discussion. @kirbithan is a top AGM and continues to lead the team.  Advantage HC Davos.

Helsinki appears to be stacked in the forward department which I particularly dont like just looking at the surface.  This could cause some issues for Davos when playing Helsinki.  For two seasons, Chip Stone, @DoktorFunk, has been a consistent player helping the team with goals and assists.  Rick Grimes, @tinafrombobsburgers, could be a surprise this season depending on the line Grimes is teamed up with.  And then there is Legacy Gaming, @Gaming Ringleader, who is a rookie and dominated the VHLE.  Right off the bat, I’d be looking at Legacy Gaming as winning the rookie of the year award.  Daryl Dixon, @Ricer13, a Helsinki true to the core player, has yet to put up remarkable goals or assists, but has turned into a punisher with hitting.  Looking at Dixon’s TPE build, I see a menace in the making.  A brilliant trade by Samx brings Landon Wolanin877, @jacobcarson877, to Helsinki.  Wolanin had been a top point scorer in the league for several seasons with Calgary, and is sure to bounce back with Helsinki to lift the team into domination.  In season 89, Wolanin had his fewest points thus far, but when I took a deeper look into Wolanin I found that his goal per shot percentage jumped up while he took over 100 fewer shots.  All in all, he’s consistent with assists.  To finish the forwards, there is Owen Lazaro, @traphag, who was a rookie last season.  Lazaro is a promising prospect so far and if Traphag continues her building of Lazaro’s TPE, we might find Lazaro being a top contributor for Helsinki this season.

Now, to compare Davos forwards with Helsinki, its quite simple… Davos dominates!  Starting with newcomer, Halvar Torbjorn, @Rayzor_7, is going to be the surprise of the league this season and will be a top 10 assist leader.  Alfred Champagne, @Anthique, another season 85 player, continues to get better and is a main factor in Davos’ success.  Champagne likes to antagonize opponents and keeps the other team on their toes.  DBIII, @wcats, is another newcomer to the team and he brings a balance that needed filling along with discord activity.  The rock of the forwards, James Teekirque, @Mongoose87, is in his final season, and he’s sure to have another outstanding season as Davos shoots for another cup.  Pete Mitchell, @Crstats23, is another superstar forward for Davos.  Pete is coming off a dominating season and is guaranteed to demolish the scoreboards this season, given the support he’s got coming to the team.  Pete will be top forward in the league.  A blockbuster trade brings Vasile Lamb, @dlamb, to HC Davos.  Lamb’s physical presence on the team will intimidate opponents and open up the game, giving Davos the opportunity to score tons of goals this season.  Lamb’s presence in the locker room is also going to be a huge benefit to the team and his all round play is a major plus.  Advantage HC Davos.

Helsinki defense is in a rebuild status, as Bob Robb, @rotbag, the senior defender will have to step up and keep the puck away from the goalie.  Bob’s career has been in a supportive role, and he may be expected to jump into a leadership role this season.  Lloyd Braun, @Toast, came to Helsinki via Calgary, and hopes to have a breakout season for Helsinki.  Kronchy Kardashian, @Garsh, is a young player, but Garsh is a VHL dinasour.  Kardashian will inspire his teammates with steady play and good puck handling.  He’s still working to be the promising player who was drafted early in all three drafts, and with the support from teammates, he could be a superstar.

Now, to compare Helsinki defense to Davos defense, we say, Davos dominates!  Starting with David Jokinen, @Ahma, the true blue Davos player.  Jokinen gets better each season and coming off a championship season, Jokinen is sure to lead the team to another cup.  Skor McFleury, @Alex, is coming off a season with 61 assists, and is likely to lead the league this season in all defensive categories.  McFleury dominates the ice and has the build to be the MVP.  Jake Thunder rounds out the defensive squad and hopes to contribute again this season to help Davos with a repeat championship.  Advantage Davos.

Fuukka Rask, @Jubis, is once again the Helsinki goalie.  He is a consistent goalie with a .911-.916 save percentage.  Rask is in his 3rd season in the VHL and last season he demonstrated a commitment to success, although he didn’t get the support from his teammates he should have.

Comparing Rask to the Davos goalies, Lachlan Summers, @kirbithan, and DJ Fire Dragon, @Firekiss, who was recently traded to Davos by Toronto, we find that Davos once again has the advantage.  Summers was the main cog in Davos’ success last season and he shut down opponents during the entire playoffs.  Now with Fire Dragon as back up, you can expect Davos to be even better this season.  Advantage Davos.

To summarize this, everything looks like Davos will dominate Helsinki this season, but there is always the Helsinki curse that pops up and screws with Davos.  Ahma pointed this out to me a while back and ever since then I have noticed that whenever Davos plays Helsinki, Davos is at a disadvantage; whether it be because of the way Simon does his shit, or the Helsinki curse, the only thing we can say is that we dread having to play Helsinki.

Let’s break the curse!

1253 words