Why do bad things keep happening to me?

gorlab

I have sympathy for you on the award front from my own experience. In my first VHL season, I was on pace to break both the hits and shots blocked records for a single season pretty handedly, but then I was traded at the deadline and had quite a few games where I wasn't on the ice at all, followed by much reduced ice time afterwards, and in truth that pretty much killed my interest in the league for a bit, so I can fully understand where you are coming from on that perspective.

Unfortunately though, the "suck it up" approach is pretty much the only way to take it. I'm sure those that run the league feel bad when mistakes like those that have affected you come up and would much prefer to amend anything that did go wrong, but in these kind of instances, for the sake of progress, there's not really anything that they can do. 

If you can prove the trade was made to slow down your scoring rate that's one thing, but if not, all you can do is take it like a man(no matter how pissed off you may be) and bide your time until you are unleashed into the VHL. You might be super angry about this trade but saying shit that might earn you a suspension etc really isn't worth it. I'm sorry it's happened but mistakes do occur here.

That's actually really shitty.  If you ever find you're out of a sim, you should PM me immediately and I can fix it. 

Part of it is the retardation of STHS.  For whatever reason, in the VHLM exclusively, if a player is on the roster but not on any lines, they won't play at all.  This isn't the case in the VHL, where a CPU can get 10+ minutes a game without appearing on a single line.

So generally whenever a VHLM transaction is made, I try to make a point of slotting the new player in the lines somewhere, since the GM can't immediately put them in there themselves.  They could PM me a reminder, but whatever, normally I don't forget anyway, and that sort of set an unspoken precedent that they don't have to.  So I don't know if I forgot on this particular situation, or if I actually did slot you in, but didn't save it right after, and eventually had to re-sim and forgot to do it a second time, or what exactly happened.  So on that front, I fucked up.  And without someone bringing it to my attention, I have no idea that a player isn't in the game, and will do nothing about it until I know.

The unlucky part comes after.  I know KitRas sent in lines yesterday, but I couldn't load them because Devise sent in lines the same day.  So I still didn't know you weren't playing, and you missed lines again.  So that's mostly shitty luck.

Do VHLM players actually play 4-5 games a sim though?  That seems inaccurate, particularly this late in the season, considering I specifically sim so VHL teams play 7-10 games, which is 1 or 2 a day.  VHLM plays more games early in the season for some stupid reason, so I can sort of see it happening then, but still.  8-10 is a shitload.

Anyway, I'm sorry.  In the future, the quickest way to deal with something fucky in the sim is to immediately PM me, because if I didn't notice and fix it right off the bat, there's no other way of me knowing later.  It's good for today's sim, FWIW.

THIS ALL HAPPENS BECAUSE YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE Just kidding, that's just bad luck. :\

If you can prove the trade was made to slow down your scoring rate

It wasn't. Bern wasn't winning anything and with gorlab moving up and Bratislava NEEDING to move a first, I moved him to a contender and to help Kitras and Bern. I asked him in the LR if he wanted to go, he said

not really but idc tbh

Sim issue happened, and I get a name and shame.

Also jardy I was not aware that I should pm you so that's my bad too. Sorry gorlab, just looks like a lot of things didn't go in your favor

It's not like you HAVE to, it's not entirely your fault.  I receive lines and I load them and that's generally fine, 92% of the time I don't really need a PM with any specific details.  But yeah, just a future note to all GMs, if there's an unforeseen screw-up for anything sim related, a PM will take care of it immediately.  You sending lines usually would have done just as well, but it was just horrible luck that Cologne happened to send lines the same day. #tradedeadlineproblems