Why do bad things keep happening to me?

gorlab

I'll keep it respectfulish, shortish, and sweet.

1) My VHLM GM trades me on trade deadline without so much as a PM to confirm it with me.

2) Someone in the VHLM somehow fudges this transaction up. Despite other players who were traded on the same trade deadline day as my player not being affected at all, MY player, who was leading the league in scoring, ends up having to miss 8-10 games (2 full SIMs) which all but eliminates him from any type of scoring title and any individual award.

3) I've been told I have literally no options other than to 'suck it up'. So not only does my player get completely screwed out of what's likely his only chance at an individual award, but now I'm stuck playing for, and significantly improving, a team which I didn't agree to be traded to and is likely the cause of my ruined season.

4) Yeah, yeah. I already know that 80% of you VHLers are going to say "Wow you're such a loser for actually caring about your player and/or the VHLM." I know I would feel bad for someone in this situation, regardless of my tenure/experience in a league. If this situation happened to someone brand new to SIM leagues, I would pretty much expect them to say 'fudge this' and never come back to the VHL.

I do not want to turn this into one of those threads, but please tell me this league doesn't find this whole situation 'acceptable'. (Again, if you don't care about VHLM/VHLM stats/VHLM awards, or if you think people shouldn't care about VHLM, then please do not bash me because I do care.)

That's a really shitty situation. It sucks balls for you and your player, but like people have said it was a human error. These things happen and sometimes you need to keep on trucking.

Use this to tell an interesting story, player challenging for the scoring lead is suddenly knocked out with a late-season injury. What does this mean for him as a prospect and for the league?

Sounds like it would be an interesting media spot. 

Brandon's player in the SHL went the entire SMJHL missing a 77 point update. Re-sim the SMJHL. 

(this kind of thing happens, its just human error)

That happened to my first player way back in S9, Scotty missed my entire post depreciation update until the playoffs. Needless to say it cost Labatte a shot at mroe trophies. This also happened to me in Riga...

• Commissioner

It sucks but it happens. I get why you're upset but nothing can be done. We aren't going to go back and re-do two full sims for both leagues (they are connected, if one goes the other does) just because 1 specific VHLM player had an issue. I'm not even sure we could if we wanted to.

As for getting traded without warning, that's not even a league issue. That's between you and your GM (or former I guess) so bring it up with him.

Edited by Beketov