Official Movie Discussion

Devise

Finally got around to watching a film from 2011 called Warrior. Solid MMA style emotional drama. They do a great job with the fight scenes for the most part. More importantly furthers how much I like Tom Hardy. I was impressed by him in Inception and though he had a very underrated role in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. But with the indy I watched recently Locke, and now Warrior, dude has some serious range as an actor. 

How did you like Locke? I am a fan of Tom Hardy, and I seriously think that was one of his best performances. His highs, his lows, the way he had to respond to just voices, it was all brilliant. 

How did you like Locke? I am a fan of Tom Hardy, and I seriously think that was one of his best performances. His highs, his lows, the way he had to respond to just voices, it was all brilliant. 

Loved it. I had a post a few pages ago on it right after I watched it, but it was such a great short intimate film. Hardy's performance in it is one of the best I've seen him pull out to be honest. 

It's a list of my own creation haha. I tried to tie the two movies on each night together in some way, but some of them are totally scatter shot because I wanted to fit a movie in and had nowhere else to put it. The list is still subject to change and I left a couple nights with only one so I have some freedom to move things around or take a night off to go to Fright Nights. The doubleheaders of Dracula and Frankenstein are actually the first in the respective series of Universal and Hammer Horror, so it'll be cool to see the differences.

Edited by Sandro

The Normal Heart - 8.5/10

Pretty moving story, describes the beginning of the spread of AIDS and how victims were treated. On top of that, Matt Bomer and Mark Ruffalo give knock out performances. I don't really know if it's my cup of tea per se, but it's still a really good movie.

Anyone got 3-4 Netflix suggestions for this evening? Thinking about grabbing some popcorn and treating the dog to some good ol fashion cinema.

Idk if its on there but The place behind the pines is a great movie if you havent seen it.