Official Movie Discussion

Devise

Did Comic Book and Vampires really got tossed into the same ring?

Comic books have been popular since god knows how long. If the story's good, it'll do well. These aren't cheap love stories. The comic book movies have been largely well-reviewed whereas the Vampire type, Twilight shit gets smashed by critics.

Edited by CoachReilly

Did Comic Book and Vampires really got tossed into the same ring?

Comic books have been popular since god knows how long. If the story's good, it'll do well. These aren't cheap love stories. The comic book movies have been largely well-reviewed whereas the Vampire type, Twilight shit gets smashed by critics.

If Vampire movies are done correctly, they can be amazing.  (See Thirst), But unfortunately for the most part, they are done for little tweeners.

If Vampire movies are done correctly, they can be amazing.  (See Thirst), But unfortunately for the most part, they are done for little tweeners.

Blade (Trinity) with Triple H and Jessica Biel clearly the only good Vampire movie ever.

Just finished watching an indy called Locke, features really only one on screen physical actor in Tom Hardy. I'd venture to say it's the best performance Hardy as made in his entire career. 

The entire concept of the movie is a drive that takes nearly an hour and a half that Hardy's character goes through, for reasons I'll leave for those curious to watch it. It's so tough to do something like this, where it literally is just one character interacting on the phone with others, but Hardy does a fantastic job. The best thing about this film is that it doesn't try to send some type of big message, or make a big statement, or tell an opening or a ending to any type of story. It's simply a glance into what a reality is for a good many people in the world we live in. Those interested in something different I'd strongly recommend giving it a watch. 

Edited by Devise22

MM LP2 had some decent tracks (Rhyme or Reason, Love Game, Bad Guy), but yeah, overall, I didn't think it was "good", but it wasn't "bad".

Anyways, back to movies.

Pompeii: Trash. Stupid Hollywood and their mandatory "we can't tell a story without a love story within our story." I am usually a big fan of Keifer Sutherland, but I kept thinking "Jack Bauer" the entire time when he was yelling and couldn't get past that, that it made me laugh.

Actual eruption scenes were decent, all over way too quick though. This movie was more concerned with the love story than the actual volcano, but the movie was called "Pompeii" and not "Mount Vesuvius", so that was expected.

3/10

Sabotage: Not that bad, actually. Arnold had a decent role, and the cast was pretty good and played their rolls well. Mireille Enos(Lizzy) plays the crack whore roll a little too good, it was kind of creepy at times. Not a bad "shoot 'em up" action movie with some story thrown in there if that's your cup of tea.

5/10

Finally got around to watching a film from 2011 called Warrior. Solid MMA style emotional drama. They do a great job with the fight scenes for the most part. More importantly furthers how much I like Tom Hardy. I was impressed by him in Inception and though he had a very underrated role in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. But with the indy I watched recently Locke, and now Warrior, dude has some serious range as an actor.