Official Movie Discussion

Devise

The Fly is one of the best movies of all time imo.  I would skip Halloween III unless you've already seen it and liked it and look into The Changeling if you haven't seen it yet (one of the best ghost stories ever).  

Haven't seen Halloween III yet but I've heard so many opinions -- positive and negative -- about it that I'm curious to check it out.

From someone who does not know much about football, I really enjoyed this movie. Though I think the trades he made were very unrealistic.

Were they? Because in real life they weren't far off of what the Browns actually were doing in this years draft.

Were they? Because in real life they weren't far off of what the Browns actually were doing in this years draft.

He traded first oa for three first round picks lmao, and then traded like seventh oa for the three first rounders and a player.

• 1 month later...

Guardians of the Galaxy - 2/10

The Hustler - 9/10

The Great Escape - 8/10

Lucy - 1/10

The Summit - 6/10

Battleship - 3/10

Can't wait to see Interstellar.  Last movie I saw in theatre was Gravity, and it was pehnomenal.  I rarely see movies in theatre any more but Interstellar is probably worth it.

Some movies I've watched recently.

Transformers Age Of Extinction: 8/10

- Best one to date. Mark Wahlberg makes a huge difference in this one, for me anyways.

Lucy: 3/10

- Johanssen is good, but the movie is not. Very underwhelming and just meh.

Locke: 0/10

- Thought it would be worth checking out because of Tom Hardy. Deeply disappointed...the whole movie is him in the car making phone calls.

Warrior: 10/10

Amazing movie featuring Tom Hardy, one of his best. Movie is enthralling and keeps you watching from start to finish. If you enjoy watching UFC, fighting, etc, you'll want to see this one.

22 Jump Street: 6/10

- It's hilarious, but its also more of the same, so dont expect anything new.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: 7/10

- Maybe I'm just a sucker for Michael Bay movies, but I enjoyed this. I also never watched the original shows, or read the comics, and apparently that makes all the difference.

Birdman: 10/10 - it's amazing. incredibly well-written. great dark comedy. michael keaton should win Best Actor easily (and i haven't even seen half the contenders; i just don't think it's possible that anybody outdoes him). it's shot in a really cool way where it feels like they never took a break from filming either. just blends from one scene to the next. one of my favorite movies ever. Entire cast was awesome: Ed Norton, Zach Galifinakis, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts. All just great.

Next up: Interstellar or Whiplash. Also would like to see Foxcatcher if I get time.

Birdman: 10/10 - it's amazing. incredibly well-written. great dark comedy. michael keaton should win Best Actor easily (and i haven't even seen half the contenders; i just don't think it's possible that anybody outdoes him). it's shot in a really cool way where it feels like they never took a break from filming either. just blends from one scene to the next. one of my favorite movies ever. Entire cast was awesome: Ed Norton, Zach Galifinakis, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts. All just great.

Next up: Interstellar or Whiplash. Also would like to see Foxcatcher if I get time.

Completely agree, one of the best movies ive watched in a long time.

Just saw 2 movies recently:

Automata - 7/10: I really enjoyed this new, non-hollywood, sci-fi movie with Antonio Banderas. Engaging plot, great cinematography which much CGI  bs, and great acting. 

Sin City 2 - 7/10: It was good, but let's face it, the only reason I am giving it a 7 is because of the amount of screen time Ava Green's tits get. Aside from the fact that she's a great actress, she has a fantastic body. Also, I loved Sin City and the style it was done in. This is more of the same with less intensity. Still damn enjoyable. 

I'll give Jared Leto props for having the balls to be the guy that steps up after Ledger's portrayal of the Joker. Not sure DC can catch up to Marvel though, they've been lapped quite a few times.