All-Time TPE Record Holders - A List

CowboyinAmerica

Who has held the record for the most TPE in VHL history?

A little bit ago I was thinking about articles that might be interesting for any sort of VHL 100 series coming up here not too far from now, and there was one topic that really peaked my interest: the all-time TPE leader. It’s a title that’s gone back and forth over the years as TPE has inflated, and I think it’d be a lot of fun to interview people who had that title.

This isn’t that article. But with Enorama entering the HOF as a builder today, it did give me some inspiration to see who’s actually held that title. Info from the early days of the VHL is tough, but this thread with Victor’s list dating from I believe S35 was a huge help. With that, I was at least able to put together a list that I think is accurate from the first player to hit 1000 TPE. (At the very least, Victor's tagged here and will correct me if I'm wrong.)

Seasons 17-24: Grimm Jonsson - 1008 TPE, Active S10-17, @sterling

Seasons 24-30: Lars Berger - 1104 TPE, Active S17-24, @Victor

Seasons 30-34: Benjamin Glover - 1269 TPE, Active S24-31, @scoop

Seasons 34-35: Alexander Chershenko - 1273 TPE, Active S27-34, @Victor

Seasons 35-38: Alexander Labatte - 1300 TPE, Active S28-35, @sterling

Seasons 38-48: Tuomas Tukio - 1400 TPE, Active S31-38, @Higgins

Seasons 48-63: Lord Karnage - 1561 TPE, Active S42-49, @boubabi

—--- The weekly TPE limit increased from 9 to 12 in S59 —---

Seasons 63-64: Gabriel McAllister - 1613 TPE, Active S56-63, @CowboyinAmerica

Seasons 64-69: Mats Johnsson - 1674 TPE, Active S57-64, @Quik

Seasons 69-88: Ryan Kastelic - 2000 TPE, Active S63-70, @Enorama

—--- Career lengths increased from 8 to 9 post-draft seasons in S80 —---

Seasons 88-89: Xavier Booberry - 2104 TPE, Active S80-88, @CowboyinAmerica

Seasons 89-Present: Nico Pearce - 2206 TPE, Active S81-89, @Spartan

(I’m not actually claiming this for TPE, just thought this forum would be a good place for it and allow some discussion if people want it. I know it’s a goal that some people are shooting for in the near future.)

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

• Admin

Looks right, I know for a fact that Jonsson was the first to 1,000 and Berger the first to 1,100.

If I had to guess Labatte held it before Jonsson. I think it could be worked out from the Hall of Famers by position thread. https://vhlforum.com/topic/16036-hall-of-fame-players-by-position/

as I don't think anyone who had the most TPE back then didn't get inducted.

and from a quick glance i think that suggests it went from Labatte to Heidt (who only played 6 seasons), possibly via Walser. Think it's guesswork before that but Slobodzian, then Campbell would make sense. Not that you can interview any of them.

5 hours ago, Victor said:

Looks right, I know for a fact that Jonsson was the first to 1,000 and Berger the first to 1,100.

If I had to guess Labatte held it before Jonsson. I think it could be worked out from the Hall of Famers by position thread. https://vhlforum.com/topic/16036-hall-of-fame-players-by-position/

and from a quick glance i think that suggests it went from Labatte to Heidt (who only played 6 seasons), possibly via Walser. Think it's guesswork before that but Slobodzian, then Campbell would make sense. Not that you can interview any of them.

That all makes sense. In one of those threads Sterling said he held the title three different times, but wasn't quite sure what the order of operations would be.

On 12/28/2023 at 4:00 AM, Victor said:

Yes, I think it went Scotty - Slobo - me - Walser