Official “what do you drive” thread

• Commissioner

105946182_424206061868986_748444197082083453_n.jpg

2020 Yamaha MT-09, my old 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse is making a cameo appearance on the left.

@Beketov how you liking that EV6? It's near the top of my list for when we buy a new vehicle.

• Senior Admin
15 minutes ago, Josh said:

105946182_424206061868986_748444197082083453_n.jpg

2020 Yamaha MT-09, my old 2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse is making a cameo appearance on the left.

@Beketov how you liking that EV6? It's near the top of my list for when we buy a new vehicle.

I gotta say that is not at all what I would have pictured you driving 😂

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Josh said:

@Beketov how you liking that EV6? It's near the top of my list for when we buy a new vehicle

Love it. The styling of the 2025 model I don’t find to be AS good (though they mostly just changed the headlights) but with the added improvements they made (wireless CarPlay, new infotainment,  a light for the charging port, slightly better efficiency, etc) should still be very solid.

My only major complaints are honestly to do with the dealership insisting on ICE style service schedules and completely bullshit costs (like the 6 month check that they forced me to do at 10k even though mileage shouldn’t matter in an EV and it’s meant to be annual where they charged me $80 to rotate tires that had been put on the week before…) that I don’t need. Plus the fact that the dealership in the city for some reason STILL isn’t EV certified so I need to take it an hour away which sucks.

The actual style, drive, range, etc has all been great though. Feels a lot more premium than you would expect from a Kia and Hyundai / Kia has been going HARD on their EV platform, like a lot more than other companies have, and it shows. Plus the interior dimensions are massive, like weirdly so. There’s more legroom in both the back and the front than my old Santa Fe had despite the EV6 being smaller and assuming I put the seats down it has more cargo space as well.

Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 2:17 AM, Banackock said:

I'm the same way with my 370z, bud. If I sold it, I'd be debt free from what I acquired from my Australia trip, have money leftover and just buying something more practical.. but every time I drive it and people are looking or even me just looking at it.. can't do it, man. Thing makes me way too happy.

The Audi looks good imo, but it's not a looker quite as much as a 370Z I'd say. For me, it's about the feeling I have when sitting in it, it just makes me go "oh fuck yeah". Every. Single. Time. Everything inside just feels right. Solid and dependable. It might be because I drive it fairly rarely, but it's a feeling that's never worn off.

Hard to imagine having this feeling sitting in a reasonable hatchback.

Edited by VattghernCZ

Posted (edited)

You motorbike fellas, what do you think about a litre V-Strom? Supertenere used to be on top of my list, but damn, the V-Strom...

Edited by VattghernCZ

On 5/4/2024 at 9:25 PM, Beketov said:

What can I say, I like making weird “official” discussion threads. Maybe you’ve got a fun old beater, maybe you’re a car guy with a classic beast, maybe you own an e-bike; I don’t really care. What you driving these days?

your mom

• Senior Admin
On 5/11/2024 at 12:46 PM, Will said:

siiick, love the blue. Don’t think that was an option in 22. I’m Oxford White. 

have you been blessed with a cracked windshield yet? 

4DC95A02-354B-4D2C-9E4C-F33A0DDB6067.jpeg

womp womp womp

Was pulling up to a stop light today and some twat in a beater Lexus flew around the corner, lost control and smacked into me 🤷‍♂️ 

So how’s everyone else’s day going? 

0945D435-F5E0-41FD-AEE8-2AB483F1B38C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Will said:

womp womp womp

Was pulling up to a stop light today and some twat in a beater Lexus flew around the corner, lost control and smacked into me 🤷‍♂️ 

So how’s everyone else’s day going? 

0945D435-F5E0-41FD-AEE8-2AB483F1B38C.jpeg

At least its perfect memory lives on in the VHL forums lol

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 9:08 PM, N0HBDY said:

I want to get into bikes but have no idea what to look for

As presumably a non-teen beginner, I'd look into 2-cyl 650s, maybe something along the lines of a Kawasaki Ninja 650 or Kawa Z650 (extremely similar bikes, but the Z is naked). Or a liquid cooled (2007 or newer) Suzuki Bandit 650 as imo the ultimate second hand beginner bike. But I might be biased, I used to ride a naked Bandit 650 lol.

Those engines have fairly linear, beginner friendly power curve with quite some low rev torque, and not enough power to get out of hands if you're not an idiot. They may be boring for a thrill seeker with some experience, but they'd make lovely commuters even for those riding an R1 on days off lol.

Edited by VattghernCZ