New York Americans Jersey Retirement

Advantage

It has been quite some time since our last jersey retirement ceremony.  The first thing I did when I was hired as General Manager was retire the jersey of Tukka Reikkinen.  Eight seasons later, I would like to honour another member of the team and a true friend. 

Anyone that knows Boom understands how cool of a dude he is.  I don't mean know him on the site, but those who talk to him on a regular basis on Skype and things like that, get to know him in a different way.  He's a great guy and has been for a while now.  After a slow start with Odin Tordahl, he started to pick it up and finished his time in Davos with a Continental Cup.  He then joined New York for four seasons, which can easily be considered his peak as he was the best player in the Victory Hockey League over that four year span.

He collected numerous awards and moved his way near the top of the record charts in practically every category, despite the fact he only played four years in New York.  He was a leader on our team and a great influence in the LR.  Most importantly, Tordahl was a star.  The accomplishments he had in four seasons are outstanding and nothing can take that away from him.

I want to congratulate Boom and Odin Tordahl on an amazing run in New York, and retire his #40.

2OJyvNO.png

Statistics

Games Played: 288

Goals: 230 (3rd All-Time)

Assists: 255 (8th All-Time)

Plus/Minus: +193 (1st All-Time)

Hits: 827 (8th All-Time)

GWG: 48 (1st All-Time)

Awards and Accomplishments

Continental Cup (VHL Champions): S39

Devon Marlow-Marta Trophy (NA Champions): S39, S40

Victory Cup (Regular Season Champions): S38, S39, S40

Scotty Campbell Trophy (League MVP): S39

Brett Slobodzian Trophy (League MOP): S39

Mike Szatkowski Trophy (Top Scorer): S37, S38, S39
Kevin Brooks Trophy (Most Goals): S38, S39
Alexander Beketov Trophy (Most Assists): S38

Grimm Jonsson Trophy (Top Leader): S39

Team Captain: S39, S40

Please help me welcome Boom and Tordahl into the New York Americans' rafters!

:nya:

Edited by Advantage

"He's a great guy and has been for a while now."

Just the way that sentence is phrased makes it seem like he used to not be a great guy. Like, he's only been a great guy for awhile and not before that.  :lol:

Congrats, BOOM! Tordahl was an amazing player and a major piece of the Americans. When I arrived at this sim league, it was all Tordahl so he's easily the best I've seen.