Mission Accomplished

Hey everyone! I know you all have read a lot of words from me in the last little bit, but I’ll ask you to read just a little bit more here.

When I cam to consciousness in S82 with my second player Landon Wolanin, I was immediately sucked into the world of GMing. @Frank taught me everything I needed to know and then I just kept grabbing onto more and more. I honed my skills in the JST and the WJC. I took over from Frank in the VHLM with my beloved San Diego. I had the honour of coaching in the World Cup.

And when my friends (and family) called, I answered. @Dil was stepping down from London, and many of the users that I had come to know, love and respect asked for me specifically to come take them to the next level. And so we did! We won a championship right out of the gate, something that had always been a dream of mine, and a very strange way to start a career. We turned the identity of the London United around, from a perennial wildcard to a championship contender. We got good, and then very mediocre. We learned a lot, and we got better, and better, and better. We went to back to back finals, losing in 7 both times. But both times we came back stronger. We hung 2 (and a half) more jersey retirements in the rafters, and not just for fun. I would have been stupid not to honour their achievements.

We’ve had great players, and particularly people come through our roster. I want to specifically thank @Dom, @badcolethetitan, @MubbleFubbles, and @MexicanCow123 for placing their bets on me. For some it paid off in full, and for others I wish I knew what I know now, because I would have done better this time. I want to thank @Triller, @JCarson, @aimkin, @Sjin, @VattghernCZ, and @Uncommon for being my rocks through many seasons now, for being leaders on and off the ice, and for always hyping me up.

And lastly I want to thank @Ricer13, who I am actively nominating as my preferred candidate as the next London United GM. I learned much of what I know about VHL GMing from him, and always hoped to do it as well as he does. Hopefully now I can be sure that what remains of my team will be in good hands going forward into a new era of United hockey.

With that I will be stepping down as United GM at the conclusion of the S94 Playoffs. I have done everything I wanted to, I have seen through the players that I came to see through, and it is now time for a fresh set of eyes.

But don’t worry I’m not going anywhere! I want to get back to being more involved in the BOG, make forum content, enjoy my current player, and get moving on the next chapter of my real life. I want to get involved with the new members again, work on bettering the Pre-VHL experience from start to finish.

Thank you all for being a part of the past few seasons, and best of luck for the remainder of S94!

@Acydburn@Beketov@Josh

1 minute ago, samx said:

I personally blame @aimkinbecause teno retired and now joacob is quitting. How dare you.

More blame @Triller and the rest of the 86 gang for being the last ones out the door! The only question I had was whether I would start the rebuild and pass it along, or just let someone else take it.

1 minute ago, jacobcarson877 said:

More blame @Triller and the rest of the 86 gang for being the last ones out the door! The only question I had was whether I would start the rebuild and pass it along, or just let someone else take it.

Rebuilding is fun and you'll never get to do it now smh

55 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

bouncing without me GIF

Thank you Jacob for accommodating my need to be a playmaker in this league and for bringing in players that created a very relaxed and enjoyable LR!  You helped me with my player build and helped me fight back depreciation to give Leonard a fighting chance every season.  We are UNITED!

Did some really amazing things in London man! I'm excited to see what you have planned next for this league (especially the minor leagues after your media post). Congrats on a successful career for the United 🔥