Careers where you travel frequently

leafssteen

Anything sales related, in my last job I got to visit 2-3 cities across the country for various reasons (was only there for ~4 months).  One of my best friends had an IT gig where he traveled to different cities every week for a few months for projects, he would do Mon-Thurs there and Fri-Sun at home.  And there's definitely opportunities if you get into construction, specifically as a field guy (superintendent) or working with a contractor that does work nationwide.  The project I just finished in PDX had a giant contingency from VA, FL, TX, TN, etc...

Edited by frescoelmo

Like throughout Canada and the US and like idk once a month atleast or more

I work as a Software Developer that develops front end Point of Sale sofware for a chain of stores.  I only do the installs, support, and development and I travel about 8-10 times a year all over Western Canada and a little bit in the US.

My boss is more havily involved in the sales end of things and is a Super Elite million mile flyer and the majority of the time buys 3 month flight passes since it's cheaper that way.  Will often spend 3 of 4 weeks travelling around. 

The novelty of the travel wears off quickly.