Free Agency Sucks

gregreg

Recently for the first time in my long VHL career I hit the open market and well it was a disapointment as I have been on the other side of the coin as a GM and the experience was more enjoyable on the other side, even if I didn't end up with the player.
It started off with no PMs right at 12:01 am of discussion day, which I usually tried to send as a GM, not a huge deal but I was hoping for one. Then came my first PM the next morning at 10 am and it was very sub-par as it was a question of would I sign there instead of an attempt to sign Sundberg. 

I only received 3 more PMs from GMs after that and one came from Toronto which didn't need to come because I knew what the plan was moving forward. So out of the 10 teams I had received 4 PMs and only one had a pitch to join them, that being Seattle :o .  
Davos of course was a lets talk on chat cause it was easier and those discussion lasted a couple of hours which lead to me feeling that Davos was the right fit. 

Seattle I didn't hear from again but players from Seattle made a very good attempt on behalf of the franchise telling me to sign with them, how much winning we do and fun we would have. In the end just didn't get a good feeling from them and cut them out of the 3 teams I was choosing from (SEA, DAV, TOR)

When it came time to make my decision to sign with Davos it was tough but it was made a lot easier but the lack of effort I got from most the GMs in the VHL. A lot had to with some teams not having any cap room but there were some teams I was interested in that just didn't feel like putting in the effort.

I'd rather be traded but I got to experience free agency and now I never have to do it again. 

I went to FA one time, not really even a true FA as I always intended to keep with Calgary, but even then it was horrible. Tyler made this fantastic pitch for Vasteras and it made me feel bad not signing with them. Never doing it again.

I don't think I've ever been a free agent other than my very first player in my very first football league, due to joining after the season started. Too damn loyal to ever make it that far.

Psh, I've been a FA lots of times.  It takes a special type of person to find joy in crushing multiple GM's aspirations of acquiring a player for free.  I'll do it again eventually... except GMs probably won't want my 184TPE player

Not all 10 teams can afford a Free Agent and I didn't make a big push because I felt that you were just teasing us and that you'll eventually just resign in Toronto. I can't put all my hope on Free Agency because it's not safe at all. Anyway...

If I had the cap I'd of offered. FA is all about timing and team needs though. When I went with Rift it was super exciting. However when so many key teams already have a core building or in place it's tough to get a ton of interest.

Free agency is awesome. I enjoyed it with Tukio.

I'm coming for you I know your xbox live ID. Gonna follow you into every game and spawn kill the shit out of you. You can try and hide in NHL 15 but I'll go buy a copy of that game and I'll find you and cross check you to death.