2015-16 NFL Discussion

Fire Tortorella

Haha Philly make the playoffs, yeah good one

The NFC East sucks so bad that it really still is a realistic outcome at this point. I mean, I can't even get excited about it because this team is so bad, but it's not just wishful thinking..

Edited by flyersfan1493

The NFC East sucks so bad that it really still is a realistic outcome at this point. I mean, I can't even get excited about it because this team is so bad, but it's not just wishful thinking..

No but Washington has been playing a more complete game than the Eagles. Even the Giants have been. Are those projected final records from before the year? Or now with the remaining schedules?

No but Washington has been playing a more complete game than the Eagles. Even the Giants have been. Are those projected final records from before the year? Or now with the remaining schedules?

remaining schedules

remaining schedules

Hmm.. interesting because even then I go with momentum. I hope the Eagles don't make it because I hate seeing the NFC East every damn time I turn the TV on so I just hope no NFC East team makes it, even though its not possible.

remaining schedules

Hmm.. interesting because even then I go with momentum. I hope the Eagles don't make it because I hate seeing the NFC East every damn time I turn the TV on so I just hope no NFC East team makes it, even though its not possible.

I mean, I thought Dallas had a legit shot to comeback and win in with Romo, considering how bad the other 3 teams are, but obviously that's not going to happen now. The Giants like the Eagles are good one minute, absolute trash the next, and the Redskins are the Redskins. Any of those 3 teams could "win" the division, and the best thing is it's actually feasible (though not entirely likely) that a team could win the division at 6-10.

Cam Newton is not fair...

cam.height.png

cam.vertical.png

cam.40.png

Does it feel like there are a lot more Oklahoma fans than normal? It's not just you...

ou-bandwagon.png

Zach Hocker was out of the league last Friday. On Sunday he was the kicker for the St. Louis Rams. 

Hocker was selected in the 7th round of the 2014 draft and received this welcome in Washington he dubbed the "Horizontal Mohawk"

was.hocker.hair.jpg

University of Georgia coach Mark Richt was fired last week.

Peter King had a good picture of the difference between college and pro coaching expectations...

king-richt.png

There aren't any Louisana-Monroe's on the schedule for the NFL. On the other hand, Alabama, Tennessee, Florida and Auburn aren't cakewalks. Just an observation.

Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles set his awareness rating to zero for Sunday's game and could not stop running past the line of scrimmage and throwing passes. Twice. And we're not talking by a few inches here. And on both sides of the field. 

jax.bortles.line.gif

Some guys can't throw the deep out. Some guys struggle with the touch passes. Bortles has no idea where the line of scrimmage is. Some things just are what they are.

I'm no defensive coordinator. But I'm thinking covering 18 is probably a good idea...

cin.green.open.gif

I feel like this should be a penalty or something on AP. That's just nasty.

min.peterson.juke.gif

This week's Who He Looks Like goes to Jim Tomsula...

sf.tomsula.looks.like.png

The sign in the stadium says "HOME OF THE FAITHFUL"...

sf.crowd.png

I'm with Ron..

Staring-Confused-Ron-Swanson.gif

Odel Beckham is one of my favorite receivers. He's easily one of the best in the game. But my new favorite thing on Sundays is when he makes a great NFL Quality WR catch, people completely lose their minds.

No doubt, this is a highlight reel catch.

nyg.beckham.dive.gif

But to watch people react, you'd think they'd never seen a diving catch before. Receivers today are faster and more athletic than ever before. Plus, the bar's been raised as to what's possible and expected for catching the ball. And let's be honest, nobody wants to talk about it but the receiving gloves today are ridiculously sticky. Even HS kids can pull off some crazy shit..

Is it just me or does it feel like Manziel to Dallas is inevitable? With Jerry Jones doing the Mr. Burns "Excellent".

dal.jerry.smile.jpeg

Never shy about talking, Jones went on this ramble Monday to the Dallas Morning News.

"Do you remember two years ago when we sat there right to the last second on the clock with Manziel? My whole point is, there you are," Jones said. "That was the whole purpose of doing that. At that particular time, for a first-round pick, I thought that Romo had more time. And if we sat there and worked with Manziel for four or five years, now we all know what's happened.

"We know the off-the-field issues. But on our board, one of our top five or six picks dropped down to us and it was at the quarterback position, and I absolutely was a vote of one in that room to basically go there. And I understood why. I understood the risk that was involved. And we got a great player instead. But those are the circumstances that come up when you're thinking for the future. I was at that particular time, debating the value of him for the future as well as debating a backup."

Translation: "Johnny, C'mon home."

Good one Carson..

arz.palmer.spike.gif

You know you've made it when your left foot has it's own TV Graphic...

den.manning.foot.png

Johnny Football Shot Glasses?

cle.manziel.shot.png

If that's a real thing and that's a legit NFL and NFLPA endorsement, I'd say the process needs some evaluation...

The Cauldron had some fun pictures and made up captions this week. Two of my favorites.

ne.brady.manning.jpeg

Brady: “I hate to see you like this.”
Manning: “Yeah, we all get old, I guess.”
Brady: “No, I mean wearing a pair of sneakers in this cold weather when your feet could be warm and snug in some fuzzy Ugg boots.”

den.manning.brady.png

Manning: “I hate that friggin’ guy.” 

Later guys.

htc1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone loves Carlton from the Fresh Prince, including Mike Tolbert...

car.tolbert.carlton.png

Alfonso Ribeiro, the actor who played Carlton won the day though.

carlton-alfonso.ribeiro.png

carlton-alfonso.png

Another week, another HE'S AN ALIEN moment from Odell Beckham, Jr...

nyg-beckham-catch1.png

The announcer called this "indescribable". I'll take a shot: "Really good one handed catch".

nyg.beckham.hurdle.gif

I'm pretty sure Google / SkyNet is getting close to becoming self aware. It knows Charlie Whitehurst is "Clipboard Jesus".

ind-whitehurst.png

Even the officials don't like Cam Newton giving footballs to kids...

car.newton.ref.ball.gif

God Bless Bills Fans...

buf.wrestler.fan.png

And God Bless Browns Fans...

cle.fans.stupid.png

No Eagle player had more receiving yards than Tom Brady Sunday. Thats sad..

ne.brady.catch.gif

I hope this is true...

tb.winston.huddle.png

nfc.east.madden.png

nfc.east.trash.png

More pre game cold weather shirtless goofiness. This time from the Texans Charles James II in Buffalo. Pretty impressive for a Florida guy now living in Houston. ..

hou.no.shirt.buffalo.png

You old timers may have looked at the Seattle at Minnesota game Sunday and had one of those weird "deja-vu but something's not right" moments. 

Minnesota in the home jerseys. Playing outside under a cold gray December sky. Quarterback scrambling and untouchable. 

sea.wilson.spin.gif

Except it was Russell Wilson and not Fran Tarkenton.

While we are talking about Minnesota, Here's a lesson on time and place. Or context. Cordarrelle Patterson with the Prime Time High Step is fine...

MIN.patterson.crop.png

Down 35-0, it's a little different.

MIN.patterson.jpg

Future 49er defensive player right here...

sf-defenders.girl.catch.ball.gif

Move over Bo and Deion. Latavius Murray is the new Baseball / Football star...

oak.murray.home.run.png

cle-manziel.sign.png

crennel.looks.like.png

Nike unveiled their Pro Bowl uniforms and they're pretty cool.  Clean and sleek with lots of gold accent to celebrate the 50 Year Super Bowl thing..

nike.pro.white1.png

nike.pro.home.png

I'm not going to act like I'm a big Pro Bowl fan. But I will say they league seems to be trying to do what they can. Cool uniforms are part of that. And I love the subtle team patch on the shoulder. Best of all, no more of these...

oldpro.bowl.jpg

Maybe they should have let Odell Beckham Jr. try the field goal...

nyg.beckham.kick2.gif

If you've been thinking about applying for a job as the Spider Cam Operator, I'm guessing there's a vacancy after this weekend...

spidercam.gif

It's never a good thing when the hardest hit of the day is on your team mate...

stl.defender.hit.gif

cle.qb.requirements.png

I understand "heated discussion". Brandon Browner looks to me like he's going past that here with new defensive coordinator Dennis Allen...

no.browner.png

This goes back to the Greg Hardy / Ray Rice rule. Browner's not good enough to talk like that to his coach.

Shannon Sharpe nailed it...

no.browner.sharpe.png

Jersey of the Week...

phi.nintendo64.jersey.png

Later.

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Or the kicker who prefers kicking the laces Is a moron

13 minutes ago, Smarch said:

Or the kicker who prefers kicking the laces Is a moron

In his defense he had to kick it otherwise they get nothing. Might as well try kicking the laces

• 2 weeks later...

So Jared Goff or Carson Wentz are going to get some great QB coaching to start their careers

Hue Jackson as the HC who made Patrick Ramsey look decent in 03, helped build up Carson Palmer,  coached up Joe Flacco to become the first rookie QB to win 2 playoff games in 1 season, in oakland as the OC they scored 410 points with Jason Campbell as their starting QB, the next year as HC he got the team to 8-8, something they haven't been close to since.

alot of rumors going around Pep Hamilton is going to be the QB Coach/Assistant HC who helped build Andrew Luck to who he is today

and today they hired Al Saunders who has a history of coaching some of the best offenses football has ever seen, every offense and QB he touches turns to gold. 

Goff landing in Cleveland is looking like its going to be the best possible thing for his career.