General Football Discussion

Victor

I think that no matter how successful MLS becomes in terms of talent, it won't be recognized on a worldwide stage until it adopts an open system with the NASL, USL-Pro, and maybe the A-League. Even the Asian leagues have adopted it.

I think that no matter how successful MLS becomes in terms of talent, it won't be recognized on a worldwide stage until it adopts an open system with the NASL, USL-Pro, and maybe the A-League. Even the Asian leagues have adopted it.

Will never happen. MLS owners bought their teams as MLS franchises. No reason for them to agree to chance of losing that.

Pogba will go to Barca either this winter or next summer. They announced today no more transfers and nobody else seems willing to pay that kind of money. Add to that, Juve can't afford to sell. Vidal and Tevez are out so they need time to recover talent before transferring Pogba of.

They acquired his rights, it doesn't really mean he is anymore closer to going there than it was in Chicago. That being said he is 37 years old, it wouldn't matter anyways.

And just like that he is now negotiating. Well slap me silly, he could sign. Not that at his current age/condition it's that big of a deal.

yeah, we already have the pace on the wing with Oduro/Duka and now Venegas. Piatti will probably play in the middle behind Drogba. With Mapp (he can play on both wing) Venegas and Piatti, our offensive group is looking good. We just have to find someone to pass the ball down the middle.

Edited by boubabi

He's 37... This would have been a major deal ten years ago. Maybe still huge news four years ago. Now, though? He's just a name.

Yeah it's just a publicity thing. I mean even that Italian guy they signed a couple years ago brings more to the MLS than Drogba. They needed to go grab a Giovinco.