Learn the name, you'll have to remember it later

diamond_ace

So yeah, I know my name is difficult to spell. I don't expect people to use the umlaut, almost ever. I want it in the sim and I want it on my player page, outside of that I don't care about the umlaut. I do care, however, about the letters themselves. In media and other things, you can spell it wrong and all I'll do is sometimes comment on your post correcting you (might get annoying, but oh well - also, I appreciate what Kendrick does with the rankings enough that I'll let it go on those, although I'll mention it in reference if commenting somewhere else). There are a few places where I definitely expect it to be spelled right, though.

1. The Draft.

The team that drafts me better spell my name right. I don't want to see "With the 42nd pick in the draft, the Prague Tempest select Kekko Hyvarienen" because there is no such player as Kekko Hyvarienen. There is, however, a player named Kerkko Hyvarinen. (Coincidentally, there are neither a Prague Tempest nor a 42nd pick).

2. Awards and Team Banners.

If I am fortunate enough to win either individual or team awards, I'd strongly prefer the correct spelling on such things.

3. HOF.

Considering my history, this probably isn't something to worry about, but on the off chance I actually make a successful player for once, I want the HOF listing to be spelled right.

No offence cause I like you, but I run off the same standards as Sterling. If you create a player with a fucked up name, expect for it to be spelled in fucked up ways. It was your choice after all to create that name. Just my 0 cents (rounded for Canada)

So wtf is the name I'm supposed to learn?

Names I don't know about, but for the beginning I strongly suggest that you should start with learning Finnish! You never know when you need to speak or write Finnish. And it's very easy and nice language! Google Translate is not acceptable :):rofl:

Edited by Ahma

So yeah, I know my name is difficult to spell. I don't expect people to use the umlaut, almost ever. I want it in the sim and I want it on my player page, outside of that I don't care about the umlaut. I do care, however, about the letters themselves. In media and other things, you can spell it wrong and all I'll do is sometimes comment on your post correcting you (might get annoying, but oh well - also, I appreciate what Kendrick does with the rankings enough that I'll let it go on those, although I'll mention it in reference if commenting somewhere else). There are a few places where I definitely expect it to be spelled right, though.

1. The Draft.

The team that drafts me better spell my name right. I don't want to see "With the 42nd pick in the draft, the Prague Tempest select Kekko Hyvarienen" because there is no such player as Kekko Hyvarienen. There is, however, a player named Kerkko Hyvarinen. (Coincidentally, there are neither a Prague Tempest nor a 42nd pick).

2. Awards and Team Banners.

If I am fortunate enough to win either individual or team awards, I'd strongly prefer the correct spelling on such things.

3. HOF.

Considering my history, this probably isn't something to worry about, but on the off chance I actually make a successful player for once, I want the HOF listing to be spelled right.

It's easy. Ask Devise what he did with Logan Laich and do the opposite.

Or if you wanna look at an actual defenseman, copy LowBraxSullivan, the best three defensemen in league history.

*In before Sterling says "banned"

Edited by Jericho