Claimed:Cups by Member on the line [Final 6/6]

Hail-the-Kings-LA-wins-Stanley-Cup-861LE

Taking stock of Cups by Member

Who will win the Continental Cup? Three rounds of playoff series will answer that question, and it will have a massive impact not only on franchise legacies (it would be Seattle or Stockholm’s first win in 15+ seasons), but also on individual member legacies as well.

Sterling currently holds the most championships by a single member in the VHL, and he could very well win his 11th if Stockholm is able to take it all this year. However, if Stockholm loses to Cologne in the European Conference finals, then he may be in danger of not being alone in the lead at all—Tfong and Cologne’s Xin Xie Xiao sit one championship shy of tying Sterling with 10.

So what will happen with the all-time Continental Cup counts by member? We decided to take a look at each member who would have three or more championships on each team if they won it all.

Key: Member Name (Current Player): # of championships if S43 champions (Previous Championship Seasons)

:que: Quebec City Meute

Tyler (Milos Denis): 7 (S12, S26, S29, S32, S39, S41)

Frank (Aksel Thomassen): 6 (S22, S24, S25, S30, S35)

Hybrid1486 (Brock Waldron): 4 (S26, S33, S34)

It’s interesting that perhaps one of the most forgotten players on the North American-leading Meute squad, Milos Denis, is also the one with the most at stake if the Meute win it all. Currently with six championships, most recently winning in Season 41 with the Americans, Tyler sits in a four-way tie for tenth with Slobo, Boragina and Quik. However, one more championship puts him into rarified air, solidly in the top ten, with the only active player one championship behind him being... his teammate Frank, who would gain his sixth. Despite being favorites, the Meute surprisingly have the least total number of players with at least two championships.

:tor: Toronto Legion

Munk (Bennett Wahl): 5 (S23, S27, S30, S39)

Beketov (Jackson Miller): 5 (S3, S12, S17, S29)

Mike (Mike Szatkowski Jr.): 4 (S9, S33, S40)

Sherrifflobo (Slaeter Fjorsstrom): 4 (S33, S35, S40)

Fever95 (Tyson Stokes): 3 (S34, S37)

Say what you want about Munk’s on-board persona, but the man knows how to make winners. Most recently capped by a Season 39 win with the New York Americans, Munk is searching for his fifth with the Legion, which would put him in the Top 25 all-time. He would be joined there by Beketov, who has had some recent bad luck, with first Alexander Beketov’s Cologne teams, then Miller’s Titans teams both going nowhere in the playoffs. Mike and Sherriff are also teaming up for one last go-around; both won in Season 40, but as members of the Riga Reign.

:sea: Seattle Bears

Phil (Phil Villeneuve): 4 (S26, S31, S40)

Molholt (A.C. Savage): 4 (S36, S38, S40)

Higgins (James Faraday): 3 (S28, S34)

Da Trifecta (Niklaus Mikaelson): 3 (S36, S38)

Bushito (Brady Stropko): 3 (S21, S31)

The Bears don’t have anyone with more than three championships currently on the squad, nor do they have anyone who has won a championship earlier than Season 21. However, in both Phil and Molholt, they do have two players who are looking for their fourth victory and to move into the top 40 by member. Molholt’s previous player, Jarkko Olsen, was one of only three players to win three championships during the previous decade of seasons, along with Odin Tordahl and Matt Bentley.

:sto: Stockholm Vikings

Sterling (Tom Slaughter): 11 (S2, S3, S8, S14, S17, S21, S26, S29, S39, S41)

Advantage (Brick Wahl): 5 (S22, S30, S39, S41)

Streetlight (Lloyd Light): 4 (S13, S17, S20)

Jackim (Vogon Jeltz): 4 (S27, S37, S40)

Doomsday (Jack Kowalski): 3 (S36, S38)

InstantRockstar (Tuevo Ruutu): 3 (S28, S32)

Hickey (Joseph Roy III): 3 (S16, S33)

Boubabi (Lord Karnage): 3 (S37, S40)

Sterling doesn’t need a championship to further the distinction of being one of two members to win in each of the VHL’s five decades (he barely snuck under the wire with Slaughter in S39), but another win may very well put him out of easy grasp of both tfong and Victor. An equally big story, though, may be Streetlight’s search for another Cup. After the New York duo of Braxton and Glover couldn’t get it done, Jericho picked up his championship a few seasons later with Kellinger, but Toriyama never got there. Can Light be the one to break the streak?

:col: Cologne Express

Tfong (Xin Xie Xiao): 10 (S7, S10, S15, S20, S24, S25, S31, S39, S41)

Boom (Bismarck Koenig): 5 (S30, S34, S36, S39)

Diamond_Ace (Martin Brookside): 4 (S23, S30, S42)

Devise (Logan Laich): 4 (S32, S35, S42)

Kachur (Chris Raymond): 3 (S9, S42)

Green (Thomas O’Malley): 3 (S37, S42)

Der Meister (Christoph Klose): 3 (S34, S41)

Despite being last year’s champions, the Express don’t have a high number of players with extraordinary championship totals, with much of the squad hanging in the two or three championship range. However, tfong makes up for that himself; as mentioned above, a Cologne championship would tie him with Sterling for most all-time. Despite Devise’s hand-wringing over his players always being terrible, a Cologne win would move him into the Top 40 all-time by member as well and would give Rift and Laich two each.

:dav: HC Davos Dynamo

Kendrick (Mason Richardson): 5 (S3, S10, S22, S42)

CoachReilly (Freedom McJustice): 5 (S22, S28, S36, S38)

Gregreg (Devin Sundberg): 4 (S17, S28, S31)

Tylar (Andrey Zadarov): 3 (S34, S39)

Noah (Gifford Shock): 3 (S22, S28)

For as long as some of the members on this team have been around, it’s a surprise that there aren’t more combined championships between them. For Kendrick, Season 42 with the Express represented the end of a long championship drought, and winning another one (and beating the Express on the way) would represent sweet justice. For a few of the other team’s members, the long drought is a result of Seattle’s failures between Season 32 and now—Noah, Gregreg and Toast each spent many years with the Bears with their previous players but couldn’t get it done.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

So what will happen with the all-time Continental Cup counts by member? We decided to take a look at each member who would have three or more championships on each team if they won it all.

A lot of guys just had one or none and I had already typed out enough :ph34r:

Edited by CowboyinAmerica

A lot of guys just had one or none and I had already typed out enough :ph34r:

Did you expect me to actually read the article and not just CTRL+F my name? :ph34r:

Edit: fu Corcoran was in the triple crown club

Edited by Corco

Well yeah it's easier to get cups if you jump around from teams all the time

Sum1s jealous agn :3. Ask any VHL gm who has had me.. I've always been loyal. Wahl is the first player I've moved around in FA and that wasn't the plan. NY didn't have cap for me, neither did Cologne and I promised Edgar I'd return to Toronto eventually.

FAK U HIGGLYPAWFS. Unless jew mint SHL.. i dewnt giwe a fawk der

Thx for typin dat gow oh n thx for da jernalistc werds cowboi 

Edited by Munk

Sum1s jealous agn :3. Ask any VHL gm who has had me.. I've always been loyal. Wahl is the first player I've moved around in FA and that wasn't the plan. NY didn't have cap for me, neither did Cologne and I promised Edgar I'd return to Toronto eventually.

FAK U HIGGLYPAWFS. Unless jew mint SHL.. i dewnt giwe a fawk der

Thx for typin dat gow oh n thx for da jernalistc werds cowboi 

gotcha I win again puff4lyfe munkstunk

Content: 3/3 - Great media spot idea. An interesting read with lots of information and was probably a lot of work with all the research. Great job!!!!

Grammar: 2/2 - Lovely.

Zadarov = Zadorov  :ph34r:

Appearance: 1/1 - Lovely x2

Overall: 6/6

Edited by Tylar