(VOTE) Should Penalty Shot Be Removed?

CoachReilly

Should penalty shot be removed?  

7 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DIE, PENALTY SHOT. DIE.

"What's the f**king point?" says CoachReilly

NEW YORK, NY -- In a somewhat non-controversial move, the VHL big wigs flipped the switch on the penalty shot attribute.  The move was obviously meant to fill a bottomless pit of bore during the off-season, and it has caused some people (named 'CoachReilly') to raise their arms in a flabbergasted state.

As the penalty shot will not be used in the playoffs, there is no evidence of home-ice advantage, and there are rarely playoff battles which end up actually mattering, the prospect of winning and losing a shootout doesn't really matter in the eyes of smart people.  The only types of players that will end up using the penalty shot attribute are steroid/recruiting-benefited players such as Lord Karnage, Thomas O'Malley AND NOT Mason Richardson. 

In the long run, the penalty shot attribute is a waste of space, a waste of TPE, and a waste of goddamn space.

Writer Munk can be reached at 696-969-6969 or Munky69er@brazzers.com

Edited by CoachReilly

allows for specialty players - 3-6 points each season can be a factor in the long run. Why not give people more options?

i think my point in the article disagrees with that.  has there ever been a serious playoff race for the 3rd slot in the playoffs?  that's the only way this could possibly be a factor.

i think the fact that only 1 person in all of North America has updated it so far is a testament to it not mattering in the minds of most people. also, sir jardy swore for years that the attribute didn't matter.

reminder: there is no penalty shot in the playoffs.

Edited by CoachReilly

I mean, it's a point task and not a suggestion/complaint. So progress?

(I disagree, by the way. So what if those are the only players benefiting? They're getting the points, let them do whatever they want with them. If it's not penalty shot, it's going to be leadership.)

i think my point in the article disagrees with that.  has there ever been a serious playoff race for the 3rd slot in the playoffs?  that's the only way this could possibly be a factor.

i think the fact that only 1 person in all of North America has updated it so far is a testament to it not mattering in the minds of most people. also, sir jardy swore for years that the attribute didn't matter.

reminder: there is no penalty shot in the playoffs.

Unless someone is fouled on a breakaway. It doesn't hurt anyone and allows more flexibility. No down side imo.

so where are all of you people putting points on penalty shot?  mikaelson is the only one i've seen.

put your money where your mouth is :)

(waste your tpe, plz)

Holy captain extreme. I may not like coconut but that doesn't mean I can't support peoples right to eat it.

Here at VHLSC we discuss hockey. Your comment screams Basketball, get away from the keyboard Denise.

Listen I've been playing NBA2K recently so yeah. Also a penalty and a foul are like the same thing. Both also involve the use of red and yellow cards.

people who disagree with me. put your money where your mouth is and update penalty shot if it's not pointless.

thx

If that's what you want...

people who disagree with me. put your money where your mouth is and update penalty shot if it's not pointless.

thx

If i put da munny in da mawfh i just eat it how dat halp