S45 VHFL

scoop

Season 45 Victory Hockey Fantasy League

9/4 8:20 PM CDT Player List Update

Evgeny Nezhmetdinov has been added for Cologne. Jax Barnstormer has been removed for Quebec. Souryuu Kaminogi has been moved to defenseman and his salary has increased from 2 to 2.25.

Alright guys, VHFL is back for S45. The majority of you made it clear you don't care about being able to change your rosters, and those of you who would have liked for that to stay didn't voice your opinion loud enough when I gave you the chance. Most of the people who were saying they liked it also pointed out that they didn't bother using it, so for S45 we are going back to static rosters, You pick your roster before the deadline at the beginning of the season, and that's your roster throughout. However, this season, we are using larger rosters. Double the size, double the fun.

Rules

To submit your roster, follow these guidelines:

1. Create a roster consisting of six forwards, four defensemen, and two goaltenders. The total of all the salaries may not exceed 40 million.

2. Use the S45 VHFL Player List to find the players and their values. Note: the VHFL salaries have been generated based on TPE levels, not actual player salaries; do not use VHL salary information to create your roster.

3. Send your roster to VHLFantasy using the official template located at the bottom of this post.

4. Any user that does not use the official template will be disqualified.

5. Any user that does not PM their line up to the VHLFantasy account will be disqualified.

6. Any user whose team exceeds $40 million in salary will be disqualified.

7. Any user that does not PM their line up to the VHLFantasy account before the second sim of S45 will be disqualified.

8. A tie breaker will be included in the official line up template and must be filled out. The tiebreaker will be used to break a tie in any standings position. If it is still a tie after this, the person who submitted their lineup first will win.

Payout

You will be rewarded in TPE for your participation. The rewards are as follows:

1st: 4 TPE + VHFL Badge

2nd-3rd: 4 TPE

4th-8th: 3 TPE

9th-30th: 2 TPE

31st-last: 1 TPE

Fantasy Scoring

Here is the breakdown for how the players will score fantasy points.

FORWARDS AND DEFENSE

Goal = 2 Points

Assist = 1 Points

Shot Blocked = 0.5 Points

Penalty Minute = -0.5 Points

Hits = 0.3 Points

GOALTENDERS

Win = 1 Points

Shutout = 2 Points

Save Percentage = Set amount of points for final Save Percentage (shown below)

0.900 = 25

0.910 = 50

0.915 = 75

0.920 = 100

0.925 = 125

0.930 = 150

0.935 = 200

Official Template

Username: Your Username
Forward: Player Name (Salary)
Defensemen: Player Name (Salary)
Goaltender: Player Name (Salary)
Goaltender: Player Name (Salary)

Total Salary: Must be 40 million or less
Tie Breaker: How many points will the Victory Cup winning team finish with in the S45 Regular Season?

Edited by Streetlight

Although I suppose you may have taken what I said to mean the salaries are based on the TPE brackets, but that's not what I meant. In determining fantasy salaries, for forwards I used a formula where 100 TPE = 1 million and 700 TPE = 5 million. Each players fantasy salaries were based on where they fell on that line.

Submissions are closed now (have been for a couple days). Here is the S45 stuff. If you want to check out your roster to make sure it's correct (or that it's there), please go ahead and do so!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wMzWy-klhg4TQyP0qO7TOiZ-9uvmCxbHCfKyuS00fZo/pubhtml

I feel like I made a mistake picking Escabar and Hamilton to my roster....

If picking Escabar was a mistake, then more than half of the participants made a mistake. He was the third-most picked player this season. And Hamilton was the sixth-most picked. The two of them are the most picked defensemen.

That's just a little preview of a podcast to come later.

Edited by Streetlight

If picking Escabar was a mistake, then more than half of the participants made a mistake. He was the third-most picked player this season. And Hamilton was the sixth-most picked. The two of them are the most picked defensemen.

That's just a little preview of a podcast to come later.

Escabar and Hamilton that popular? tbh I didn't expect them to be that popular :o

Escabar and Hamilton that popular? tbh I didn't expect them to be that popular :o

Well, I guess for their cost people valued them higher than others. Plus teams could easily put both of them on the roster, while for players Jake Wylde, Mason Richardson, and the other more expensive players, it can end up being more of a one-or-the-other rather than both.