2015-2016 NHL Discussion

boubabi

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

McCann was given time with great players? Tell me more about how 4th line duties and press box were going to help a 19 year old with skill.

He had plenty of time with Daniel when Henrik was out and was even playing with Vrby at some points. Subtract like the first 10 games of the season and I would consider it a serious failure. He was not ready to play in the NHL and likely wont be next season.

8 hours ago, brovy said:

He had plenty of time with Daniel when Henrik was out and was even playing with Vrby at some points. Subtract like the first 10 games of the season and I would consider it a serious failure. He was not ready to play in the NHL and likely wont be next season.

Vrby was a 4th liner for ¾'s of the year because of his piss poor attitude, so yes you are right he played with Radim on the 4th line.

He was ready but you are asking a skilled forward to play on your 4th line with Dorsett and for a large chunk of the year Prust. That's like asking a climber to climb Mount Everest with only a thermos and a Columbia jacket. Sorry but McCann never saw enough time for anyone to say he was garbage or didn't show signs of life. The same people who say he didn't show much promise are the same people who judge a players career by a 20 games stint.

33 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Vrby was a 4th liner for ¾'s of the year because of his piss poor attitude, so yes you are right he played with Radim on the 4th line.

He was ready but you are asking a skilled forward to play on your 4th line with Dorsett and for a large chunk of the year Prust. That's like asking a climber to climb Mount Everest with only a thermos and a Columbia jacket. Sorry but McCann never saw enough time for anyone to say he was garbage or didn't show signs of life. The same people who say he didn't show much promise are the same people who judge a players career by a 20 games stint.

Same people who said Drouin career was limited due to the hold out. The reality is these are still kids with lots of room to grow or fail.

So, I'm in a sim league currently that's run on Eastside Hockey Manager....I'm the Sharks. After one season, my team didn't even make the playoffs. I did nothing to the roster. I have a big trade I could pull right now if I wanted, but I'm not sure if I want to go through with it. Pavelski and Burns would be leaving, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

To NYR:

Joe Pavelski

Brent Burns

Joel Ward

To SJS:

Rick Nash

Derrick Brassard

Cody Franson

Ryan Gropp

Ryan Graves

2017 NYR 1st Round Pick

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

So, I'm in a sim league currently that's run on Eastside Hockey Manager....I'm the Sharks. After one season, my team didn't even make the playoffs. I did nothing to the roster. I have a big trade I could pull right now if I wanted, but I'm not sure if I want to go through with it. Pavelski and Burns would be leaving, and I'm not sure I want to do that.

To NYR:

Joe Pavelski

Brent Burns

Joel Ward

To SJS:

Rick Nash

Derrick Brassard

Cody Franson

Ryan Gropp

Ryan Graves

2017 NYR 1st Round Pick

I dont know how good Brassard or Franson is but you certainly got fleeced :lol: 

13 hours ago, brovy said:

I dont know how good Brassard or Franson is but you certainly got fleeced :lol: 

6 hours ago, Kendrick said:

He didn't get fleeced because he hasn't done the trade.

:lol:

Which is why negotiations have been on-going for like 2 weeks and this guy won't really give me much more. I'm likely not going through with it. Pavelski and Burns weren't amazing last season. Brassard is a top 6 forward. Easy #2 C.

But yeah, not doing it I don't think.

21 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

To NYR:

Joe Pavelski

Brent Burns

Joel Ward

To SJS:

Rick Nash

Derrick Brassard

Cody Franson

Ryan Gropp

Ryan Graves

2017 NYR 1st Round Pick

So how does this sim engine work as far as regression/progression? Because that could lower the value of Burns and Pavelski.

1 hour ago, ADwyer87 said:

So how does this sim engine work as far as regression/progression? Because that could lower the value of Burns and Pavelski.

Eastside Hockey Manager is widely known as the best hockey GM sim out there. The most detailed, easily.

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it definitely goes based off of age and morale. Although I've seen Jagr play until like 47, but of course he's a blip on the radar.

But, Burns and Pavelski are both 32, so they still have at least 4-5 years of prime left in them I would think.
Nash is 32 as well, and Brassard is 29. I would be getting youth assets in return as well with prospects like Graves (21) and Gropp (20). Then also a 1st round pick, which would probably be 20th or lower. Also Cody Franson, who had like 20 points I think last season in our league.

20 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Eastside Hockey Manager is widely known as the best hockey GM sim out there. The most detailed, easily.

I'm not sure exactly how it works, but it definitely goes based off of age and morale. Although I've seen Jagr play until like 47, but of course he's a blip on the radar.

But, Burns and Pavelski are both 32, so they still have at least 4-5 years of prime left in them I would think.
Nash is 32 as well, and Brassard is 29. I would be getting youth assets in return as well with prospects like Graves (21) and Gropp (20). Then also a 1st round pick, which would probably be 20th or lower. Also Cody Franson, who had like 20 points I think last season in our league.

Sim leagues never last tho, I always used to treat them like a one season GM mode. Try and get as many good players as possible in he first season.

5 hours ago, brovy said:

Sim leagues never last tho, I always used to treat them like a one season GM mode. Try and get as many good players as possible in he first season.

Yeah, usually not. This one is on Season 3 right now, and the simmers are well known fantasy guys. I usually don't bank on any future stuff either though.

Fucking Pitt is going to win the Cup aren't they? God damnit. Now we'll never hear the end of it, in a playoffs when literally Bonnino/Kessel/Murray have been the Penguins MVP I'm going to have to hear from dumb Canadian hockey fans about how much better Crosby is than Ovechkin even more. Even though Ovie shows up more in the playoffs than Crosby does, the majority of the time. Points wise that is. Crosby still works like a boss don't get me wrong, but he's got to be one of the coldest players ever in pivotal/momentum games. Then he gets one big goal, or one big point at seemingly a random interval, while his team is trending in the right direction/doing well and people don't shut up about him.

Bah humbug and even more bah. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Fucking Pitt is going to win the Cup aren't they? God damnit. Now we'll never hear the end of it, in a playoffs when literally Bonnino/Kessel/Murray have been the Penguins MVP I'm going to have to hear from dumb Canadian hockey fans about how much better Crosby is than Ovechkin even more. Even though Ovie shows up more in the playoffs than Crosby does, the majority of the time. Points wise that is. Crosby still works like a boss don't get me wrong, but he's got to be one of the coldest players ever in pivotal/momentum games. Then he gets one big goal, or one big point at seemingly a random interval, while his team is trending in the right direction/doing well and people don't shut up about him.

The golden goal

7 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

Three game winning goals last series......

also he has 135 points in 120 playoff games, which is first, and second in PPG with 1.13(MacKinnon has him beat with 10 pts in 7 appearances), so by points he shows up more than anyone....

9 hours ago, ADwyer87 said:

Three game winning goals last series......

also he has 135 points in 120 playoff games, which is first, and second in PPG with 1.13(MacKinnon has him beat with 10 pts in 7 appearances), so by points he shows up more than anyone....

He makes up overall stats in limited performances where he achieves. Take away the first round series from these playoffs and how do his stats look? He went pointless in 4 of 6 against Caps, he just had the benefit of great performances (and some bounces) from other players. That is the thing about Crosby. He can go hilariously cold for 20 games and then get 20 points in the next 10 and his stat sheet makes up for it. Playoffs and Olympics fall in line with that at times.

57 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

He makes up overall stats in limited performances where he achieves. Take away the first round series from these playoffs and how do his stats look? He went pointless in 4 of 6 against Caps, he just had the benefit of great performances (and some bounces) from other players. That is the thing about Crosby. He can go hilariously cold for 20 games and then get 20 points in the next 10 and his stat sheet makes up for it. Playoffs and Olympics fall in line with that at times.

damn thats pretty salty. to bad your team couldnt beat a goalie who started most of the year in the AHL.

sure you could say he had a great 1st round, then slacked in the 2nd against the caps. that doesnt take away what he did in the 3rd round against the lightning. 3 GWG's. and now hes doing pretty great in the finals as well.  

3 hours ago, StevenStamkos91 said:

damn thats pretty salty. to bad your team couldnt beat a goalie who started most of the year in the AHL.

sure you could say he had a great 1st round, then slacked in the 2nd against the caps. that doesnt take away what he did in the 3rd round against the lightning. 3 GWG's. and now hes doing pretty great in the finals as well.  

You misunderstand. It isn't salty because of my own team. It's because I live in a part of the country where if Crosby's team succeeds in anyway all these fairweather casual Albertan hockey fans talk about is his greatness. I never debated he was effective, just overrated regardless of his performance. 

Again he has a few GWG in the third round and all I hear is how his performances are leading them to a Cup when that is bullshit. That third line, Murray, lots of factors far more responsible for success. Same with Olympics. He gets one GWG in the Gold and people jump on his dick, despite the fact that it really was about lots other than his performances that factored into those Gold Medals.