What the league needs

boubabi

• Senior Admin

I feel like that's something Devise said as well. :)

It's not like you will be satisfied regardless of how transparent we are. Seems like there's always some big conspiracy where you're the victim with you.

It's not like you will be satisfied regardless of how transparent we are. Seems like there's always some big conspiracy where you're the victim with you.

I'm the victim here. Victim of my awesomeness, amirite ?

I feel like that's something Devise said as well. :)

I did do a big update for a few seasons but it didn't appear to gain any traction. Plus my overall interest in appeasing every random asshole, like yourself, for every "big new change" that they thought was "the best thing ever" dwindled. The BoG has had a rough season for sure this past one, but we aren't that far removed from us regularly discussing (and there still is active discussion) changes. 

Similar to many new ideas that have been proposed, and some even implemented, if users actually like/want some of the stuff we have done or did perhaps they should support that stuff? Even the Magazine for all the pay and time and energy that goes into that how many people actually comment on it when it gets posted? Meanwhile Boubabis random fan590's about "change" get tons of comments and support.

It has nothing to do with actually wanting to see something done. Or if anything we did was good or bad. We could do a million things, even things you guys suggest and it wouldn't change. It also has nothing to do with an "old boys club." It has to do with "Hey i'm boubabi and I'm streetlight and we actually wish we could run this fucking league." Well I got news for the both of you, too bad you don't suck it up the end. 

/thread

Edited by Mr. Power

I did do a big update for a few seasons but it didn't appear to gain any traction. Plus my overall interest in appeasing every random asshole, like yourself, for every "big new change" that they thought was "the best thing ever" dwindled. The BoG has had a rough season for sure this past one, but we aren't that far removed from us regularly discussing (and there still is active discussion) changes. 

Similar to many new ideas that have been proposed, and some even implemented, if users actually like/want some of the stuff we have done or did perhaps they should support that stuff? Even the Magazine for all the pay and time and energy that goes into that how many people actually comment on it when it gets posted? Meanwhile Boubabis random fan590's about "change" get tons of comments and support.

It has nothing to do with actually wanting to see something done. Or if anything we did was good or bad. We could do a million things, even things you guys suggest and it wouldn't change. It also has nothing to do with an "old boys club." It has to do with "Hey i'm boubabi and I'm streetlight and we actually wish we could run this fucking league." Well I got news for the both of you, too bad you don't suck it up the end. 

/thread

tl;dr but please keep this thread open  :unsure:

The mag doesn't get much attention because you don't give us much thing to talk about. No offense to the team, but when I was contacted to be the VHL Mag editor, I wanted to scrap some of the articles, because they are straight boring. Speaking about 1 member in particular is fun for that member, yes, but most of the time, it's only speaking about stats and there's no personal opinions.

Same for those weekly resume that is likely just speaking about what happend without any particular opinion, or something to talk about. 

I do personally enjoy the Mag no matter what, but I feel like the Mag should be a Players/Members tribune instead of a summary of what happened. 

oh and btw, fuck you devise

It wasn't meant as a shot. But come on. How many of these Fan590's have you made about changes? You guys talk like these things are so simple, so easy, and that if you did them it'd be fool proof. The actual reality is that there is a fabric of this league that those who are experience in the BoG recognize. Without naming names, those that have been here a long enough to know that fabric.

We have to consider the actual consequences of wide scale changes. Random jokey things aside, big changes can have big consequences. And fine cool, maybe we should just change the entire fabric of the league, maybe that is what is needed. But what determines whether that is needed is not the opinion of a couple of members. It's league wide. Because if we make those crazy changes and the league goes under, what then? We and I feel comfortable saying we giving my years of time here have worked very hard to keep the VHL going strong for as long as it has. I'm hardly the person who's over protective when it comes to new ideas, and my BoG record speaks for that. If anything I probably have suggested some of the most radical changes in the BoG over my tenure there. But I do so knowing that there has to be a dialogue on it. One that often represents the mindset and ideals of a wide variety of different league members.

Given the diversity in the BoG over the last long while, you see tons of different opinions on subjects. We consistently have influxed newer members in the BoG for that very reason. But we don't do so to stifle creativity or new ideas. We do it to ensure that all new ideas are being considered in the fair way, not the "flavor of the month" shit you post. Again, this is not meant as offense. But come on. All you post is click bait. HERE IS HOW YOU BE THE BEST GM then you follow it with half assed evidence with anecdotes but really nothing substantial. Every time you or someone posts one of these all you guys do is analyze things you think is wrong and go "boom here is the fix." If only it was always that easy, but sadly it isn't. For every solution I've seen presented and at times discussed in BoG (even ones from your guys on posts) someone comes in and puts complications and holes in those ideas. 

Even then we have still been willing to try tons of new things in an attempt to see what can and does work. But again I'm sorry if this comes of offensive to you, Streetlight or anyone else who has created these click bait drama ass change the league threads, it comes off less like you guys actually have constructive suggestions to help improve the league and more like you guys think your "cool" and if you ran shit you'd do a "cool job" because that is all it takes. When in reality, it doesn't. Ask Victor, Jardy, Draper, Higgins, or anyone who has put thankless fucking hours into this league. I'm not just talking about doing job stuff either. Even just discussing bigger changes, working on implementing and running things. It's all fun when you get started, when people are on board. Player Card Crew is a perfect example of this. But then when the grind sets in, when some members fall through and actually accomplishing something in this league begins to represent real challenges that need real solutions it isn't about who's making the click bait threads that everyone likes a post in and everyone goes "support change, this guy should be Commish" yada yada. Then it's about coming up with actual solutions. 

But since I was actually responding to a complaint regarding BoG transparency. I reiterate, we tried it. It didn't gain any traction. If anyone has a legitimate solution that they can present, and one that actual represents an opportunity for consistent feedback that could work it's way into long term traction, be my guest. But for now, the methods we have tried have received minimal community feedback and reaction. We led you to water and told you to drink, you all took a sip and then went "Meh fuck it." That is on you. 

Edited by Mr. Power

oh sure, half of my statements are clearly jokes and gorlab makes a statement and you think I'm claiming what he said ? Calm the fuck down. 

I wrote my " Honest Opinion " XM radio because I often wrote things that could be debated or controversial, that's the point of writing those. 

Consistently have influxed newer members ? Oh please, you only did that because half of them went inactive and didn't gave a shit about the league anymore, so don't try to make us think there's a legit rotation in the BoG group. I'm not in the BoG, but since when I can't give my fucking opinion ? There you have it, agree with it or not, I don't give a fuck. You can do whatever you want with it, at least I'm not sitting on my ass waiting for things to change. 

The mid-season BoG report is more about see at least work being done. I'm sure some discussion are made, but us, as a member or community, we would also like to know that something is at least discussed. So we could share our opinion in the mean time and maybe help the BoG to make a good proposition and a better project than it originally was. 

The league is far from being perfect, so work can always be done. 

1. IP Board 4.1

2. More tities and asses

3. A GM in Bern

4. Custom skins for each individual team

5. Re host the Cut Gallery

6. Stockholm to get back their S46 1st

7. A weekly podcast of 3 persons somehow knowing their stuff and being entertaining.

8. A new avatar for Draper that doesn't have a shit ton of exposure.

9. More drama

10. More teenagers

11. More members

12. Innovations <--- Looking at you, commishes and fake commish (Victor)

13. Mid-Season BoG report

14. Squinty/Koradek

15. A better Canadian dollar

16. S45 MVP trophy revoked. 

Just do it.

Get back in the sweat shop.

• Senior Admin

On IPS 4 - 

Higgins and I spoke at length about this the other day. Trust me, it does look pretty awesome, and we do hope we can upgrade to it, but it's not as easy as just doing it. Here are just some of the major issues:

- Current skins wouldn't be compatible 

- We need to confirm that other mods and hooks will be compatible

- If we upgrade, we would have to forfeit our chat license. There is no way to retain it. Which means we would need to purchase another license, on top of the already outrageously priced monthly fee that keeps the chat going. We don't think that would be a wise investment to make with the donations that members have graciously given us. 

In short, as it stands now, it's either IPS 4 or the chat system. Personally, I wouldn't mind the chat system being gone, but I have a feeling I am in the minority on that. 

"Hey i'm boubabi and I'm streetlight and we actually wish we could run this fucking league." Well I got news for the both of you, too bad you don't suck it up the end.

I was actually offered a commish spot once. Were you? I know you were salty about not getting it at one point.

:)