Upgrade Discussion

Will

Its quite easy to understand, there's an option to be notified via email if you are tagged in a post but the default option is deactivated . You can figure the rest

Which is what I'm trying to say, in our Admin CP we should set it to default, so that new people are informed of them. They can always go change it but we should make the default differently if we can.

I did understand, just it was a vague response.

• Senior Admin

IP Chat is live

This is the chat that is included with this version, thus it is totally free. In addition to being a normal chat room for those who enter it, you can private chat anyone in the room by clicking on their name in the list of users and selecting 'start private chat'.

While this may be slightly less convenient than the old chat since you have to enter it manually and have it open in a separate page while you browse the forum, we feel that it's a pretty good compromise. Note that we don't expect this to cause the same issues with our server but we aren't ruling it out.

• Senior Admin

This is very fucked on my phone and I can't see the Pms/notifications on my one computer

Try now, you were on the messed up theme. I reset you to the default

I see it the other way, no chat and its faster

Chat didn't slow me down in older version :hmm:

Chat is there too

Gotta say, the forum is about three times slower now with the upgrade

It's way slower for me too

I see it the other way, no chat and its faster

Well I had chat turned off anyway when I was on my laptop, but with the way it is right now I could go and take a shower while waiting for the page to load.