Upgrade Discussion

Will

• Senior Admin

I'm gone for a week and this shit happens? What the fuck?!

Someone done goofed

P.S. I added the old 'see who is viewing topic' at the bottom of the page, as we are used to B)

I'm the opposite. Too narrow for me, makes things look compressed. Also makes subforum listings look kind of funky.

It was definitely too wide at first but with those sidebar things, I think it's a decent size

Yeah, it might be because I just got used to the cut-offs at the sides. Canucks just upgraded as well, yet they still have the cut-offs.

What's your screen resolution 

1920x1080

This is just weird for me now. What I liked about these websites that I used is that they were different. But now, the 3 hockey/sim related websites I use have this same kind of layout so they kind of blend together. http://crashthenet.ca/community/, forum.canucks.com, and now VHL have this same thing.

I guess after some cool themes get made for VHL, I'll like it again. I always liked that white/red VHL one the best. I do love the dark themes though, but something about that black/yellow I didn't like. It was hard to see some usernames and other things.

Do we still have the daily maximum of likes? Because some days I read a lot of random threads I haven't checked in a while and if I find a thread I like... I throw out a lot of them.. but then run out :(

Since we can't like our own posts, I don't think there still should be a max amount of likes you can give out. 

It just means you spend too much time here. Out of likes means you should take a break. It's a built in burn-out protection mode

• Senior Admin

Is there a way to add images that doesn't involve that additional dropdown menu in the RH bottom corner?

giphy.gif

All I did to post the above GIF was paste in the URL. It should work so long as you paste the direct link to said image :)

explain

Go to just about any link, I see the most usage from the roster pages, and hover over the link. It pulls open a preview of that page without navigating to that page, that you can preview the contents of, scroll through and even copy/paste. So now, if I want to check out my player builds, for instance, I don't have to go into everyone's roster page I can just bring up the preview for each of them. Or if you search for new content and want to see what Wasty's new sig looks like, just hover over the topic title (Hunter, I believe is his) and you'll bring up a preview of his post without going into the topic at all. 

You can also toggle between the first post and the latest post. So for instance, on this topic, if I want to see what the newest reply is and I preview the latest post and it is just boubabi saying "good," I likely won't come in here - but if you ask for an explanation, I'll go ahead and click on the topic to come into it and reply.

It's basically the exact same thing as force touch usage for links on the iPhone 6s.

Edited by Molholt