Top 4 Mock Draft - Trade Deadline Edition

gregreg

1. MEUTE :que: : Jakab Holik, 181 TPE ( Beketov ) 
Even though Holik isn't most teams top ranked player in the draft, Quebec's need for a goalie makes him the easy choice for the Meute. Holik is 3rd ranked player and top ranked goalie, he has a solid 32 wins with an average .901 SV% but would easily turn around a last placed Meute next season. 
- Holik projects as a number one goalie

2. LEGION :tor: : Black Velvet, 213 TPE (Higgins) 
Legion are pleased to add Velvet to their young team even though they to could really use a player like Holik. Velvet is the top ranked player and has put up very good numbers in the VHLM. Velvet is leading the VHLM in goals with 50 and points with 107. 
- Velvet projects as a number one defenseman 

3. EXPRESS :col: : Unassisted, 213 TPE (STZ)  
Next up is the Express and they select the top forward Unassisted. Cologne is lacking in any forward prospect so Unassisted is an easy choice. Unassisted is the 2nd ranked player and top forward. Unassisted is in the top 5 in points in the VHLM with 95 points, he is also in the top 5 in goals with 39. 
- Unassisted projects as a number one centre. 

4. DYNAMO :dav: : Tyson Kohler, 163 TPE (Kendrick)  
The Dynamo step up next and they select Kohler as they start their rebuild under new GM Spencer Flammer. Kohler is the 4th ranked player and top ranked winger. Kohler probably still has another gear he could reach as he hasn't had a monster season in the VHLM but has put up a respectable 57 points in 53 games. 
- Kohler projects as a top line winger. 

16 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I doubt Davos is where I land, but anything can happen. I was just in Davos so the spark might be lost if I go back.

Davos will have to trade you then cause it's a decent drop off after the top 4. Of course the lottery could change all of this but again Davos would be foolish not to take you there 

36 minutes ago, gregreg said:

Davos will have to trade you then cause it's a decent drop off after the top 4. Of course the lottery could change all of this but again Davos would be foolish not to take you there 

Oh I'm not saying they wouldn't chose me if they have that spot. Just saying I highly doubt they keep me or even keep that pick. I think the farther I go in this league my fire wears off if something isn't new. It was going to be the same with Richardson if he was drafted to Cologne/Riga in S40. Retiring and get drafted to the exact same team you spend most of your career isn't as appealing to me as it might be to others. (aka I'm not Jamie)

• Commissioner

I highly doubt I'll go first overall, plus last time I went first it didn't end so well. If Toronto or Wuebec is there it's possible but aside from that I don't see myself going above third at best.

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

I highly doubt I'll go first overall, plus last time I went first it didn't end so well. If Toronto or Wuebec is there it's possible but aside from that I don't see myself going above third at best.

Not to mention first overall with a goalie haha

• Admin
On 2/6/2016 at 8:31 PM, Kendrick said:

Oh I'm not saying they wouldn't chose me if they have that spot. Just saying I highly doubt they keep me or even keep that pick. I think the farther I go in this league my fire wears off if something isn't new. It was going to be the same with Richardson if he was drafted to Cologne/Riga in S40. Retiring and get drafted to the exact same team you spend most of your career isn't as appealing to me as it might be to others. (aka I'm not Jamie)

but he was drafted to Cologne in S40....