VHLSC: S48 Rankings #7 - Mock Draft!

Kendrick

Screen_Shot_2016_02_21_at_7_05_24_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2016_02_22_at_7_26_16_PM.png

Welcome back to the seventh edition of the S48 VHLSC Draft Rankings! This edition packs the annual mock draft into it and adds a little extra analysis on the selections of each teams. It is always the hardest edition to publish because of the unknown draft pick selection rights. However, we tried our best and gave you the best value selection at the end of the first round. Before we get to that we have to go through our weekly roundup of the prospects vying for the top spots!

This week Black Velvet blew the entire draft class out of the water (both physically and in the gym). The 90 hours he spent in the gym are actually logged over the course of a few weeks but the logs never were sent to the VHLSC front office. Of course he is the only prospect to overtake another prospect in this week but plenty of prospects did some work. Now onto the part you all have been waiting for, the MOCK DRAFT!

Screen_Shot_2016_02_22_at_5_48_18_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2016_02_22_at_6_11_35_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2016_02_22_at_6_46_16_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2016_02_22_at_7_19_28_PM.png

• Commissioner

Higgins making the rest of us look bad. Honestly, even with Toronto needing a goalie, I think this is pretty accurate that I don't go before third at best. Toronto also needs Defense and it's hard to deny that Higgins is as beast.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

Higgins making the rest of us look bad. Honestly, even with Toronto needing a goalie, I think this is pretty accurate that I don't go before third at best. Toronto also needs Defense and it's hard to deny that Higgins is as beast.

Doesnt matter u cant win w out a goalie lol.

• Commissioner
11 minutes ago, Dewie said:

Doesnt matter u cant win w out a goalie lol.

Not trying to turn off Toronto to the possibility of taking me or anything (if that is even an option) but with their group of guys they could make a feasible run in the next few years if they can get a FA goalie that has higher stats than one coming from the draft. If that's the case then why not pad the blue line now?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go first overall, but I think Toronto's plans might revolve around Free Agency rather than the draft to fix their Goalie issue.

• Admin
48 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Not trying to turn off Toronto to the possibility of taking me or anything (if that is even an option) but with their group of guys they could make a feasible run in the next few years if they can get a FA goalie that has higher stats than one coming from the draft. If that's the case then why not pad the blue line now?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to go first overall, but I think Toronto's plans might revolve around Free Agency rather than the draft to fix their Goalie issue.

Indeed, and you are probably thinking about Wingate but Campbell also has a currently not taken up player option for S48. :o 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Victor said:

Indeed, and you are probably thinking about Wingate but Campbell also has a currently not taken up player option for S48. :o 

I haven't paid enough attention to the VHL contracts to really have anyone in mind, just seemed like sound logic to me. Take a guy with at least 100 TPE more and pick up a Cup ready goalie in FA. Do that and you're ready to compete in 1-2 seasons. On the opposite side, take a lower TPE player in a goalie and you have to spend probably 3-4 seasons getting him to full cup potential (assuming the rest of the roster stays the same).

It's a higher risk, higher reward type situation. Realistically Toronto could take me 1st and I'll be strong enough to compete in a few seasons (again, given their current team stays the same). The control would be in their hands in that situation (Vs. FA where the player has control) but they are less likely to compete immediately. 

10 minutes ago, Victor said:

I wonder what impact the draft date vs start of FA will have. :hmm: 

Unless draft date is still always before FA.

Also...

What are those quotes in your sig?

I'm 95% sure they're probably DT comments about him. 

43 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

2. Let's not forget that Callum Sinclair could be moved as well.

I find it interesting that the market kind of overcorrected itself following just Hybrid in S38 no active goalies (who didn't retire early) between S39 and S41. Now, Toronto and Quebec are arguably the only teams that don't have at least a plan at goalie since there are so many in recent drafts.

For that reason, I think the market for Sinclair and Campbell might be even more interesting than my own, especially if Davos/Quebec take young guys as guessed at here. TBH, with my TPE, I could hypothetically fit in anywhere. But for those declining a bit goalies who are competing with the S45 guys at the least, the main choices might be Toronto and... Riga if they want to try and extend a run (even though Toast's new guy is in the pipeline)? Calgary if they want to move on from Gow? New York if they want to delay AVB another season? Cologne for the same deal with Fever? Should be interesting, and someone's going to get a good goalie for cheap.

Edited by CowboyinAmerica