S47 Off-Season Schedule

Will

• Senior Admin
23 minutes ago, CoachReilly said:

as it always does - and guess what - depreciation still not done even though updates have happened. you guys always fly through the off-season. 

Lol final updates haven't happened. Some updaters find it easier to update intermediately during off-season, some don't.

Jesus, lay off the bitching for ONE day.

• Senior Admin

Depreciating will be late tonight/early tomorrow, had a busy couple of days. 

Also I didn't get all the award votes from GMs so that will be (hopefully) tomorrow.

1 hour ago, CoachReilly said:

as it always does - and guess what - depreciation still not done even though updates have happened. you guys always fly through the off-season. 

Chill Coach, some of us Updaters don't like updates piling up regardless of the season/off-season schedule. It makes for an increased workload come "Final Updates" time. Don't worry depreciation will be done and final updates will be put it after everyone has time to adjust their Bank TPE.

• Senior Admin

S41, S42, and S43 players have been depreciated. 

I only applied depreciation packages from the player store to Coach and Noah's players, so IF anyone plans on buying one before the season starts, send me a PM and I can edit your depreciation. :)

• Admin
2 minutes ago, boubabi said:

so victor, wanna gm stockholm

I'm willing to give a late 2nd for you.

I don't think you've grasped the formula

It's (shittiness of franchise + charisma of incoming GM - TPE of resigning GM divided by 2 + amount of potential draft places to be dropped in 5 seasons based on an outdated draft tracker) * BOG intangibles.

Rounded up or down to the nearest draft round depending on the weekly weather forecast.

I have no idea how you got a late 2nd from that.

• Senior Admin
3 minutes ago, boubabi said:

is it a high number if the franchise is shit or it's the opposite.

Depends on the day/Higgins' mood, really.

1 minute ago, CoachReilly said:

surprise surprise. no one taking anything seriously. can't wait for when Draper passes higgins on and they get to keep his recreate and get Green for free.

I'm not a Commissioner, but the issue has been productively discussed at length in your MS. The reason Komarov went for a 1st instead of a 2nd was to correct a bad precedent set with the other three GMs. I'm not sure what else you want to be said, or why no one's allowed to joke about it.

Victor still doesn't think TOR/SEA/COL were bad?  Hence the joking being somewhat worrisome.

Also - still think Davos overpaid and that 13th would have been more appropriate than 7th.  I get Komarov was the 8th or 9th-rated prospect, but he was still as close to 13 as he was 7 - if not closer.

Edited by CoachReilly

• Senior Admin
2 minutes ago, CoachReilly said:

Victor still doesn't think TOR/SEA/COL were bad?  Hence the joking being somewhat worrisome.

I literally just read a post where he said TOR was bad and that he didn't know about COL.

Give it a fucking rest, man.

I don't understand why I have to give it a rest, but I will after today even though I can't seem to get any sort of agreement/validation that things will improve.  i'm not making anything personal at this point.  i apologize if i did on draft day.

• From Victor in that thread:   "all these decisions have merit and aren't made on a whim"  >> apparently, the merit is a lot weaker in some cases.  this is my main issue with the process. this, to me, reads like there was good reason for all of the GM Succession exchanges and that everything is well-considered, when things clearly were not in 3 of the most recent cases (and in every case where there was an external GM brought in).
  • From Victor on Toronto:   "Molholt is the only incorrect valuation as I see it but then this was probably a case of not fucking over Toronto more, feeling guilty for not making Mike GM there when we had the chance, and the fact that it was at the same time as the Seattle GM change and it would have been difficult to have one giving up a 1st and one a 2nd." >>> how is Davos any different? in terms of feeling guilty, I'd say DAV/TOR were in the exact same situation.  except Davos basically has nothing whereas Toronto had a good deal of resources when Molholt took over. Davos also in a very similar bind in terms of resources when compared to Cologne. maybe not quite as bad of a bind, but damn close.
  • From Victor on Cologne:  " Perhaps compensation was agreed but not enforced by the commishes or anyone else, which seems to have been alluded to. In that case it is not a failure of the GM succession process but a failure higher up." >>> how is that not a failure of GM Succession Process? is implementation not part of the process? saying the 'process' didn't fail but something else did is such petty semantics i probably shouldn't even get into it.
Edited by CoachReilly