S47 Off-Season Schedule

Will

Just now, Mr. Power said:

I still don't understand the logic of "punishing" teams more when they go through rough GM transitions, when the majority of teams get high level TPE players for free. 

Because they had to acquire those players at one point. There has to be a point of acquisition in GM succession. That's how the league has always functioned. Nothing is stopping Gooning from staying there for 8 seasons and recreating again.

2 minutes ago, sterling said:

Because they had to acquire those players at one point. There has to be a point of acquisition in GM succession. That's how the league has always functioned. Nothing is stopping Gooning from staying there for 8 seasons and recreating again.

Yeah but then we are punishing teams for not having an active replacement lined up. Sometimes as shown there is no options in house and very few members want to join/GM the franchise. Savvy GMs already use the GM rules to get best value both for GM players and strategically when they recreate/step down. I just don't see what harm it would do to give GM players for free provided they are draftees or a FA.

• Admin

Probably the only bad part in terms of the Davos succession is that had Komarov replaced Coach instead of Ahma, Davos would have got the new Komarov for free.

Actually that's kinda shitty. Let's give them Titan Kronos.

9 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Yeah but then we are punishing teams for not having an active replacement lined up. Sometimes as shown there is no options in house and very few members want to join/GM the franchise. Savvy GMs already use the GM rules to get best value both for GM players and strategically when they recreate/step down. I just don't see what harm it would do to give GM players for free provided they are draftees or a FA.

As we should. A good GM finds a replacement before they leave. It leaves their team in a better place, as we've seen.

Also, I can't speak much to the Cologne situation @CoachReilly but I can say that I informed blue team over a month in advance of stepping down and Greg was given Jarvi a decent period before the draft.  I recall a discussion in BoG about a 2nd as compensation but I do not remember why it never went that way.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

and you've completely ignored the fact that Podarok was taken ahead of Cole with 40-50 less TPE so had the draft gone by the TPE rankings then the difference between Komarov at 7th and Podarok at 8th would have been much smaller.

Terrible pick tbh

1 hour ago, Mr. Power said:

Also, I can't speak much to the Cologne situation @CoachReilly but I can say that I informed blue team over a month in advance of stepping down and Greg was given Jarvi a decent period before the draft.  I recall a discussion in BoG about a 2nd as compensation but I do not remember why it never went that way.

Cause They're lazy lol 

Guys, where were you all? You miss my opening awards ceremony on PTV (Phil TV). I was in a speedo and skates juggling fire! Streetlight spent a month training me. 

We had record low numbers. When the awards show happens tomorrow, hopefully it's a better turn-out for the Brovy concert and stand-up comedian Bardy Junklewirth

Dickholes @boubabi, @Streetlight and I just recorded five hours of potential podcast material on the awards ceremony to make up for the lack of one the last few days, so you fuckers better enjoy it when it's posted!

The three of us combined were able to accurately predict the correct winners for every category, except maybe Most Improved.

• Senior Admin
3 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

Dickholes @boubabi, @Streetlight and I just recorded five hours of potential podcast material on the awards ceremony to make up for the lack of one the last few days, so you fuckers better enjoy it when it's posted!

The three of us combined were able to accurately predict the correct winners for every category, except maybe Most Improved.

How can u no that :hmm:

• Senior Admin
35 minutes ago, Molholt said:

Tuesday, March 8th

VHL/VHLM Awards Ceremony

Prediction Points Distributed

It would be fundamentally wrong to post them in the middle of the day when everyone is too busy to fight about them

1 minute ago, Draper said:

It would be fundamentally wrong to post them in the middle of the day when everyone is too busy to fight about them

Thats the only time I'm around to fight about them. Night time is reserved for the Division. 

• Senior Admin
3 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

WTF, where have you been my whole life? What's your Steam?

shawjw is my steam name 

I do have it on there but I've actually played it more on the sexbox :o