Likes and chat are the devil

Victor

It's not really a chatbox though. Chatboxes are bullshit that insist themselves upon a forum. This chat room is kinda just a feature to use if you feel like it which only a maximum of 8 people at a time ever really do.

Chat hardly has anything to do with inactivity, the people who are active are the ones who frequent chat, and not many people even go on chat.

Most of the time chat is just me, draper, boubabi, gorlab, stamkos, fong who lives in chat, and kendrick talking about stupid things no one would want to see on the forums

For what it's worth, I never really go into the current chat system. I used to use the old chat more where it's always on whatever page you're viewing. When the VHL first moved to that chatroom system, I used it for a little while, but I don't know...it's not the same.

Chat isn't really hurting anyone imo. Plus think of the instant benefit of a new member who joins and has questions. Sure he can post, but depending on who is on at that time they may wait on reply. If they see chat and pop in they get instant feedback from members. Especially since such quality members are usually the only few sitting in chat.

I'm also against removing likes. Victor, are you crazy? We have tons of people who read media spots and other content, but due to the fact that you know it's 2016 people could be viewing on a phone or a tablet. Likes allow those people to give praise to the content people enjoy. Positive feedback as well that encourages people to post more and enjoy the league more, as they realize they aren't posting in a vacuum nobody is paying attention. If anything this would lead to less posting not more.

Chat isn't really hurting anyone imo. Plus think of the instant benefit of a new member who joins and has questions. Sure he can post, but depending on who is on at that time they may wait on reply. If they see chat and pop in they get instant feedback from members. Especially since such quality members are usually the only few sitting in chat.

I'm also against removing likes. Victor, are you crazy? We have tons of people who read media spots and other content, but due to the fact that you know it's 2016 people could be viewing on a phone or a tablet. Likes allow those people to give praise to the content people enjoy. Positive feedback as well that encourages people to post more and enjoy the league more, as they realize they aren't posting in a vacuum nobody is paying attention. If anything this would lead to less posting not more.

1 minute ago, Draper said:

Shit, I thought I deleted the 2nd one for you before anyone saw it!

Yeah I was trying to fix double post, only reason I saw it. I truthfully think both these ideas are beyond unnecessary though. 

• 3 weeks later...