Euro 2016

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

The more I think about yesterday the more i notice that Boating has been our best player through and through.

One of the best defenders in the world. Underrated cuz he fell against Messi in a big game once.

42 minutes ago, Victor said:

One of the best defenders in the world. Underrated cuz he fell against Messi in a big game once.

Yeah thats the tough part. Messi has made many look like little boys, Boateng is a tall powerful CB and a small player like Messi took advantage of his weakness; lateral movement.

2 hours ago, Kendrick said:

The more I think about yesterday the more i notice that Boating has been our best player through and through.

Welcome to the tourney, we suck ass

Just now, stevo said:

GB and GER likewise :)) 

How is Germany sucking ass? I mentioned Boateng because he has come up big on both ends of the pitch. Team that with an in form Mario Gomez, we don't really suck ass. Some guys are underperforming though (i.e. Muller)

17 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

How is Germany sucking ass? I mentioned Boateng because he has come up big on both ends of the pitch. Team that with an in form Mario Gomez, we don't really suck ass. Some guys are underperforming though (i.e. Muller)

Sucking as in that we're not playing good. And that's a fact. We got by so far, but if they wanna go far into the tourney they gotta play better. I don't like our attack.

15 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Germany isn't going to win or anything, but they're not bad. It's unfortunate that they're against Italy next, who have looked one of the best teams so far.

Inb4 0:1 for Italy in an OT game :)) 

On 6/16/2016 at 7:45 PM, YEAH!stlemania said:

I am STUNNED that Hodgson picked him to start for a second game in a row. That was a ridiculous decision.

This still applies. Rashford took on more players in 5 minutes than Sterling took on in 65. 

Of the players who started today and the two off the bench who had significant time to contribute, not one of them played well. Walker didn't pair up well with Sturridge at all (Walker and Lallana's pairing was one of the few bright points of our tournament), Rooney was absolutely shit, Hart let another shot in he should have saved, just complete utter wank. 

58 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

Best team doesn't mean most offensively minded team. A game can be 0-1 while also being well played.

I'm a basketball fanatic so while I highly appreciate a nice defensive game every time because I like defense more than offense, when I'm watching a football game for 90 long friggin minutes I wanna see goals. :)) 

2 minutes ago, stevo said:

I'm a basketball fanatic so while I highly appreciate a nice defensive game every time because I like defense more than offense, when I'm watching a football game for 90 long friggin minutes I wanna see goals. :)) 

I'm the exact opposite, I don't mind college basketball, but the lack of defense in the NBA in many situations (there are some who do, but it's not as prevalent as it should be)  drives me away from it. I can't watch a sport where the score is 100-95. I need a point to matter.

2 hours ago, stevo said:

Sucking as in that we're not playing good. And that's a fact. We got by so far, but if they wanna go far into the tourney they gotta play better. I don't like our attack.

Oh I agree we haven't been totally acceptable on the attack, but we haven't conceded a goal yet and that's pretty special.

2 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

This still applies. Rashford took on more players in 5 minutes than Sterling took on in 65. 

Of the players who started today and the two off the bench who had significant time to contribute, not one of them played well. Walker didn't pair up well with Sturridge at all (Walker and Lallana's pairing was one of the few bright points of our tournament), Rooney was absolutely shit, Hart let another shot in he should have saved, just complete utter wank. 

Really? Walker dropped the ball on both iceland goals. Also Sterling was the only one who actually forced a play by Iceland and it turned into a PK. Now that isn't fantastic, but I'd point towards Kane, Vardy or anyone else who didn't do anything either.

Just now, Kendrick said:

Really? Walker dropped the ball on both iceland goals. Also Sterling was the only one who actually forced a play by Iceland and it turned into a PK. Now that isn't fantastic, but I'd point towards Kane, Vardy or anyone else who didn't do anything either.

I just said Walker didn't pair well with Sturridge did I not? He's been our best player this tournament, but he was shit today.

Also, Sterling didn't force that at all, that was a bad keeping decision more than anything, there was zero reason to foul him. Rest of the game was him kicking the ball against his opponents.