Euro 2016

10 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

Croatia have definitely been good. I honestly think Poland have been pretty decent as well, but of the "weak" half of the bracket, they're in the same quarter as Croatia. Whoever wins Poland/Croatia gets to the final, I think. Eventually one of those two will be able to stop Bale (and therefore Wales) unless someone else does it before then. Somehow Portugal never seem to wake up

Only issue is Poland is weak defensively (despite them not conceding yet), that was a very weak group as Germany isn't the high flying team people think they are. I'm German, so just giving it to you straight.

42 minutes ago, Victor said:

I don't understand how we've actually regressed from the group stage.

Well Portugal and Croatia are two bad examples of teams that we thought would step it up on the 16. Portugal usually has no clue what they are doing and Croatia cares more about glancing at the referees decisions every 5 steps than they do about the ball.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Well Portugal and Croatia are two bad examples of teams that we thought would step it up on the 16. Portugal usually has no clue what they are doing and Croatia cares more about glancing at the referees decisions every 5 steps than they do about the ball.

Apart from the fact Croatia were the best team of the group stage?

14 minutes ago, Victor said:

Apart from the fact Croatia were the best team of the group stage?

It's Round of 16, teams try too hard not to make a mistake instead of trying hard to make an impact.

11 minutes ago, Victor said:

how did you take offence to my obvious dig at England?

Oh I wasn't offended. I was stating that any comment about Germany is about their tactics haha

Edited by Kendrick

• Admin
Just now, Kendrick said:

Tactics*

err whatever. I had doubts about how I was wording my post but oh well.

Joke is basically "oh hey Germany scored against Slovakia unlike England who basically kept shooting straight at their players. lol England so bad"

• Admin

At last, a great game to watch. Weird one, Belgium deserved to score 4, yet equally Hungary would have deserved to win.

Cue the Belgium overhype though. Already the commentator said "Watch out Italy, watch out Spain, it will take something to stop this team."

what.... something like Italy beating them 2-0?

Still, favourites to make it out of this side though. Cue Portugal suffocation in semi-final