Euro 2016

Just now, YEAH!stlemania said:

I just said Walker didn't pair well with Sturridge did I not? He's been our best player this tournament, but he was shit today.

Also, Sterling didn't force that at all, that was a bad keeping decision more than anything, there was zero reason to foul him. Rest of the game was him kicking the ball against his opponents. 

Don't Sturridge and Walker play totally different positions though?

The PK was still called.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

Don't Sturridge and Walker play totally different positions though?

The PK was still called.

They played on the same side of the pitch, my point was that Walker at RB and Lallana at RW was a good combination, whereas replacing Lallana at RW with Sturridge hurt Walker in my opinion.  

5 hours ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

They played on the same side of the pitch, my point was that Walker at RB and Lallana at RW was a good combination, whereas replacing Lallana at RW with Sturridge hurt Walker in my opinion.  

For sure, Walkers side was open quite often when he went up. Sturridge might not be the best possible option to cover him in those situations. 

Hell of a game from Iceland though! Enjoyed their UGH? chant that they used.:P 

• Admin
5 hours ago, Phil said:

Reading star for the win! 

It's a shame, since I'm one-quarter Belgium... but I guess it was the English part of me that shone through in that Belgium performance today

Woot Reading

First and foremost, I'm glad to have been able to watch Gigi Buffon play Football. He was such a joy to watch and one of the classiest individuals to lace up the boots.

WOOOOOOOOOOO! Got by on the skin our our teeth. I hate PK's regardless of the outcome but glad to have pulled out one of the worst PK displays in Euro history.

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Buffon isn't retiring yet.

Terrible penalties indeed. I expect the winner of this to go and win it all so Germany definitely favourites now.

I caught wind that he was retiring from International play.

Yeah some of those penalties were woeful, that Zaza sub was like the exact opposite of the Tim Krul sub from the World Cup, bring on a guy especially for the shootout only for him to completely mess up. Pelle's penalty was even worse, you can't try and trick the goalie by telling him "Oh, I'm gonna Panenka it" and then scuff it like that.

11 minutes ago, YEAH!stlemania said:

Yeah some of those penalties were woeful, that Zaza sub was like the exact opposite of the Tim Krul sub from the World Cup, bring on a guy especially for the shootout only for him to completely mess up. Pelle's penalty was even worse, you can't try and trick the goalie by telling him "Oh, I'm gonna Panenka it" and then scuff it like that.

Yeah I find that weird. He called his shot and then messed up, what an idiot. Bastian flubbed his and I really was hoping out of all the shooters he would be the one to score. It will haunt him for years.

9 hours ago, Kendrick said:

Yeah I find that weird. He called his shot and then messed up, what an idiot. Bastian flubbed his and I really was hoping out of all the shooters he would be the one to score. It will haunt him for years.

If we'd lost that game maybe, but now that we managed to get by I don't see why it should haunt him for years.

8 hours ago, stevo said:

If we'd lost that game maybe, but now that we managed to get by I don't see why it should haunt him for years.

Because he missed in the Champions League final. PK's will haunt him for quite a while whether they lost that game or did what they did.

GO WALES!

If not Wales, then Germany I guess. Not the biggest fan of the top teams doing top team things, especially when we had so much promise after the group stage for potential upsets, but as long as Hair Gel Boy doesn't win I'm happy