2016-2017 NHL Discussion

Kendrick

Just now, Advantage said:

No that is true.  But they are a lineup that desperately needs goals and a scary talent up front...Alexander Radulov can provide that.

Oh no way anyone can deny his goal scoring ability, its the personality he has to adjust and maybe he will. Word from the KHL is that he hasn't really changed it since the last NHL experience. Lots of questions, we'll see.

2 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Oh no way anyone can deny his goal scoring ability, its the personality he has to adjust and maybe he will. Word from the KHL is that he hasn't really changed it since the last NHL experience. Lots of questions, we'll see.

Yeah at least its just a 1 year deal.  

Just now, Advantage said:

Also @Kendrick been actually reading a lot from some if the main KHL reporters and some fans of the team he was on, that he has been all about the team for the last few years..pretty well since settling down family wise.  

i heard differently then. It sounded like he was the same piece of shit who was in Nashville, but like I said we'll see. Of course fans will be juiced any time a free agent signs, so well see what the reaction is half way through the season.

1 hour ago, Kendrick said:

Well thats all fun and games but you keeps love to leave out the issues their personalities have. Radulov had amazing skill in Nashville as well, what happened there? This guy is a cancer and he is a Alex Semin with a bit more skill, 5x the salary and a worse personality.

You clearly did not watch the sportsnet insider thing on Radulov lol. Please embarrass yourself more.

1 minute ago, brovy said:

You clearly did not watch the sportsnet insider thing on Radulov lol. Please embarrass yourself more.

Sportsnet over TSN? Please embarrass yourself more :(

Just now, Higgins said:

Sportsnet over TSN? Please embarrass yourself more :(

I was watching both & I think they both said stuff about Radulov being a better guy that stands up for his teammates now.

1 minute ago, brovy said:

I was watching both & I think they both said stuff about Radulov being a better guy that stands up for his teammates now.

Yea they did, they said his KHL GM Sergei Federov vouched for Radulov as a more matured person now.

7 minutes ago, brovy said:

Oh yeah I forgot about how everything Sportsnet does is the be all end all. I take it Sportsnet was able to erase his prior NHL history in LR's as well? Please show us your inability to pick up on things more.

Did anyone suffer through watching a good chunk of NJ Devils games last season?

2.1m/year for David Schlemko in San Jose seems like an overpayment but he will be playing 3rd pairing with Brendon Dillon so I ain't too mad

Just now, Higgins said:

Did anyone suffer through watching a good chunk of NJ Devils games last season?

2.1m/year for David Schlemko in San Jose seems like an overpayment but he will be playing 3rd pairing with Brendon Dillon so I ain't too mad

When they are your team, you don't suffer but just watch the process play out haha.

I don't think its an overpayment as 2.1 M in this market is relatively low. I think he got paid on the grounds that he is an established NHL player, but not one that will improve or weaken your lineup. I'm not the biggest fan of him and he won't provide you with any offence. Most of his points in his career are assists, which isn't bad but he doesn't generate a lot of opportunities in the other end. Defensively he isn't the best but he won't be a total liability. I thought SJ could have got someone like Demers back.

1 minute ago, Kendrick said:

When they are your team, you don't suffer but just watch the process play out haha.

I don't think its an overpayment as 2.1 M in this market is relatively low. I think he got paid on the grounds that he is an established NHL player, but not one that will improve or weaken your lineup. I'm not the biggest fan of him and he won't provide you with any offence. Most of his points in his career are assists, which isn't bad but he doesn't generate a lot of opportunities in the other end. Defensively he isn't the best but he won't be a total liability. I thought SJ could have got someone like Demers back.

Well here's hoping he can improve over the 4 year contract he signed. At least he has to have better foot speed than Polak who he is replacing

3 minutes ago, brovy said:

@Higgins How do you feel about Boedker? Good fit imo.

He is one of the fastest players in the league and Sharks clearly got speed dominated by the Pens a few weeks ago so it is a good fit for Boedker

He turned down a 5 year 5.5 million dollar extension from Arizona before being traded at the deadline so he definitely took a pay cut to come here. Probably one of the best deals of the day along with Campbell to Chicago in terms of dollar value.

2 hours ago, Gooningitup said:

Colbourne had to be the worst cap hit for player value. Lucic comes in at one that will be worst deal signed this day in a few years

At 2.5? I don't know about that being the worst.

23 minutes ago, boubabi said:

Boedker took a pay cut because he sucked in colorado and is another carl hagelin, at most

Well he won't be relied on as a big dog in San Jose. Will help the 2nd PP and definately an upgrade as DeBoer likes to run all 4 lines. Likely fits in on the second line with Couture and Donskoi.

Im sure a lot of teams would love Boedker at 4 mill

30 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Should be.  DeBoer was a genius with him in Kitchener.

Sure was, and not to mention it was Boedker without Landeskog. So it's not like anyone can say he was carried.