2016-2017 NHL Discussion

Kendrick

15 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Sure was, and not to mention it was Boedker without Landeskog. So it's not like anyone can say he was carried.

That umbrella PP DeBoer ran in Kitchener was so nasty.  Tore my Bulls apart in OHL Finals and Mem Cup.

Spaling-Azevedo-Halischuk-Boedker-Weber

They would run those five out and it was ridiculous.

Kadri and Duco werent too bad on that second unit either.

Edited by Advantage

27 minutes ago, Advantage said:

That umbrella PP DeBoer ran in Kitchener was so nasty.  Tore my Bulls apart in OHL Finals and Mem Cup.

Spaling-Azevedo-Halischuk-Boedker-Weber

They would run those five out and it was ridiculous.

Kadri and Duco werent too bad on that second unit either.

True plus they had Bortuzzo and at one point Steve Mason on that roster.

25 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Indeed.

11 players on that Rangers team have played in the NHL.

Yeah thats what good coaching will do, teach you the fundamentals. I don't like the Devils fans who said DeBoer sucked here in NJ. He did very well and went to the finals!

9 hours ago, gorlab said:

MTL got rid of that black cloud over their team.... :cig:

they might be good this ssn :o

As much as I didn't like the trade, we are certainly a better looking team than we were last season.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Andrighetto - Plekanec - Radulov

Carr - Desharnais - Shaw

Danault - Mitchell - Byron

Other Forwards who could slot in: Lehkonen, De La Rose, McCarron, Hudon, Scherbak

Beaulieu - Weber

Markov - Petry

Emelin - Pateryn

Price

Montoya/Condon

I'd like to see us add another D that could play with Weber in a mobile puckmoving role.  Maybe a Carle or Russell since I'm not sure we can afford trading for Cam Fowler.

Edited by Advantage

@Advantage Just realized you said you wanted Carle...no you don't. He was a decent transition (not offensive - he was actually really bad in the o-zone, as he has no shot whatsoever) defensemen when he was with the Flyers, but he was god awful his last 2 years in Tampa and was a healthy scratch in the playoffs I believe. Just looking at the roster you listed, I don't see Carle begin better than any of them.

7 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

I think Detroit's playoff streak comes to an end this season.

No kidding lol

Ottawa, Montreal, Boston, gonna be wanting a spot for sure and who knows about Carolina as a potential wild card, they D is lit

not in any specific order: Tampa, Washington, Pittsburgh, Florida, NYR, Boston, Philadelphia, NYI (even with Okposo and Nielsen gone, they have enough to make it)

In the West: Anaheim, LA, Dallas, Chicago, Nashville, San Jose, St Louis, Calgary. The only difference is Calgary replaces Minnesota. The rest of the West stays the same playoff wise from this season. Out of the 7 teams in the West that made playoffs this year, the team that maybe slips out of playoffs this upcoming season could be STL only because of their goaltending situation with Allen and the uncertainty of Shattenkirk. Losing Brouwer and Backes hurts too though.

15 hours ago, flyersfan1493 said:

@Advantage Just realized you said you wanted Carle...no you don't. He was a decent transition (not offensive - he was actually really bad in the o-zone, as he has no shot whatsoever) defensemen when he was with the Flyers, but he was god awful his last 2 years in Tampa and was a healthy scratch in the playoffs I believe. Just looking at the roster you listed, I don't see Carle begin better than any of them.

I only mentioned him cause I think MTL needs a transition guy to play with Weber.

19 hours ago, ChrisF said:

I think Detroit's playoff streak comes to an end this season.

Certainly a possibility but I am sure they have had weaker teams in the past few seasons than they do this season. Plus I am sure they're not done yet.

Where will Hudler sign? Will Montreal GM Bergevin regret trading Subban for Weber? Can San Jose replicate their success from this season to next season? Can Okposo succeed without Tavares? Will Nashville take the next step and represent the Western Conference in the SC Finals?

3 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Sure..if he was ever healthy but id rather have someone who at least will play half a season.

So not Carle ;)

Might be able to get Fowler out of Anaheim.

7 minutes ago, Dangles13 said:

So not Carle ;)

Might be able to get Fowler out of Anaheim.

Carle played 123 games last 2 seasons...Wisniewski played 15.  Fowler probably costs too much for my GM..they were wanting a top 10 pick apparently.

Just now, Advantage said:

Carle played 123 games last 2 seasons...Wisniewski played 15.  Fowler probably costs too much for my GM..they were wanting a top 10 pick apparently.

I meant Carle can't play lol. Twas a joke. 

Slim pickings now. Carle or Wizer on a PTO is worth it.

• 3 weeks later...