New York Americans GM Change and Jersey Retirement

Tagger

jzKtTwf.png

The New York Americans called a press conference earlier this morning to announce that they will be making a change at the GM position. After failing to make the playoffs for the first time since Season 43, Ron Dayne III has decided to step down from the position and will be handing over the reins once again to former New York Americans GM Ryan Power (@Mr. Power). The Americans won 184 of his 288 games with Dayne as their General Manager along with a Continental Cup victory in his first season in the position. While the New York Americans were not looking set to compete in Season 50 and likely Season 51, they have four first round selections and four second round selections in the highly touted Season 52 Draft which, along with promising young defensemen Bobby Digital, will hopefully help provide the Americans with a solid young core in the future.

While he said there was too many people to thank to list everyone by name (before going on to list a vast majority of the New York roster by name), Dayne stated in his press conference his gratitude to those who helped him during his tenure, thanking Thomas O’Malley @Green and Lloyd Light @Streetlight for agreeing to join the Americans in their successful Continental Cup winning campaign, Biggu Kyanon @tfong for his assistance with the simulator (whatever that is) and gave praise to Thaddeus Humbert @Mr. Power, E’Twaun Delicious @.sniffuM, Kerkko Hyvarinen @diamond_ace and Bobby Digital @gorlab for their long term loyalty to the franchise. He then reserved special praise to two members of the New York Americans franchise in particular; Chris Miller @Advantage, the former New York Americans GM who gave Dayne an exceptional base from which to build off of, and Jorma Ruutu @jRuutu, the New York Americans influential captain throughout the entirety of Dayne’s stint as General Manager. Finally, he wished Power the best of luck with the team for the foreseeable future and apologised for leaving him with so many first round selections.

Along with this praise, Jorma Ruutu will be honoured with his jersey number being retired for his continued leadership and terrific play over his six season stint in the VHL with the Americans, which saw him rank in the top ten all-time Americans in goals, assists, points, +/-, hits and GWGs, the latter of which he broke the VHL record in for most in one season back in Season 47. This marks a significant milestone in the VHL as the Americans have now successfully retired the same jersey number twice for the second time (the number 10 jersey had already been retired twice and Ruutu shared the same number as Americans legend Tom Slaughter throughout his Americans stint), probably a clear indication of why Dayne should not be let anywhere near a GM job.

ruutu.png

Thanks to @boom once again for the jersey!

Finally, when asked whether his announcement was being dragged out to be used as a media spot in the future, Dayne refused to answer, instead storming out of the press conference room for the final time.

NB: This means Threencarnacion will be in the Season 52 Draft, and New York will forfeit their S52 2nd round selection in exchange for the services of Mr. Power’s future player.

Edited by YEAH!stlemania

You did a great job @YEAH!stlemania and if the team has success in my run almost all of it will be credit to you building up such a strong draft pool, in a deep draft no less. Either way I'm glad to be back on the reigns, and now with this officially be back full time after taking a extended break from GMing. I wanted to try a new GM challenge again before I eventually end my tenure with the league, and building a team through a draft presents that challenge. Besides, with @gorlab and my future stud goalie, what can stop us? :P Although that said, last time I created a GM player goalie to GM New York things ended up much different than that....

Also super congratulations are in order for @jRuutu You were one of the all time great VHL Captains imo, and a true leader for Yeahs NY era. Well deserved jersey retirement. 

Edited by Mr. Power

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, eaglesfan036 said:

congrats on getting back in the game @Mr. Power

Thought I have to ask how @Banackock and @Gooningitup feel for giving up a 1st for their player and @Mr. Power only has to give up a 2nd for his own? @Draper whyyyyyy

Have you seen the S52 draft? S52 NYA 2nd is worth more than S51 NYA 1st lol 

• Senior Admin
3 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

congrats on getting back in the game @Mr. Power

Thought I have to ask how @Banackock and @Gooningitup feel for giving up a 1st for their player and @Mr. Power only has to give up a 2nd for his own? @Draper whyyyyyy

AND Devise isn't getting an asset to move on account of Threencarnacion being entered into the draft. Both Banackock and Gooning ended up with an asset to trade in Mengsk and Valmount. 

Thanks for the kind words, never would have guessed when I first joined the Americans that I could have my jersey retired, feels amazing. It was a privilege to be part of the Americans for so long and share the locker room with so many cool people. Made the whole VHL experience great for me and still going on strong, with a new player ;)  

You did great job with the Americans !Yeah, always there if I had something on my mind, I could just storm into your office at any time and ask for help. 

Congratulations to Mr.Power for being the new GM of NYA! Exciting times when you have so many draft picks, but I think you will lead New York back to glory days and I would love to be part of NY again in the future!

:nya: