2013-2014 NFL Discussion Thread

They averaged 7 yards per carry over 130 yards rushing and come forth quarter they still don't stop passing the ball Cowboys are funny.  I don't even blame Romo their D let up 5 TDs on all 5 2nd half posessions and are on pace for the worst D in NFL history.

Wow. I never expected at half we would be coming back! Thanks Tony! However, Mike you said the Dallas D is horrible? How about the Packers D. That is shit coverage on every play.

Kendrick I won't deny letting up 26 points in 1 half isn't bad Cowboys do have a good offense though.  When I'm talking about the Cowboys D I'm talking about actual stats though if you didn't know take a look at this:

426.8 YPG Worst in NFL

6.2 YP/Play 2nd Worst in NFL

44% 3rd Down 2nd Worst in NFL

vs pass

4163 yards 297.4/game Worst in NFL

They were on pace to be the worst D in NFL history which was broken last season by the Saints but before that there was a 31 season break.  This Dallas Defense is not just me or someone randomly saying they are bad they are literally one of the worst defenses in NFL history.

That's why I don't hate on Romo as much though he does make a ton of bad mistakes and has an awful win record in December.  In NFL history though he has the most 4th quarter comeback wins since 2011 and the best 4th Quarter QB Rating though that might have gone down quite a bit after today.  He carries that team when they win and does do some bad things but with that D its not his fault they are losing so much.

Edited by Mike

Kendrick I won't deny letting up 26 points in 1 half isn't bad Cowboys do have a good offense though.  When I'm talking about the Cowboys D I'm talking about actual stats though if you didn't know take a look at this:

426.8 YPG Worst in NFL

6.2 YP/Play 2nd Worst in NFL

44% 3rd Down 2nd Worst in NFL

vs pass

4163 yards 297.4/game Worst in NFL

They were on pace to be the worst D in NFL history which was broken last season by the Saints but before that there was a 31 season break.  This Dallas Defense is not just me or someone randomly saying they are bad they are literally one of the worst defenses in NFL history.

That's why I don't hate on Romo as much though he does make a ton of bad mistakes and has an awful win record in December.  In NFL history though he has the most 4th quarter comeback wins since 2011 and the best 4th Quarter QB Rating though that might have gone down quite a bit after today.  He carries that team when they win and does do some bad things but with that D its not his fault they are losing so much.

Oh I know they got a horrible defence but keep in mind we have never been able to stop the ball on the ground or through the air. Dom Capers has great blitzing schemes….but outside of that he relies on the big play too much instead of the fundamentals of a playbook. Our safeties never know where to play and our corner-backs have to have double coverage to cover a receiver every time.

My roommate is a Cowboys fan whoever #38 it he always seems to be getting owned.  If the Bills Don't get Byrd into a long term contract this year the Cowboys should definitely try to bring him in.

Not if the Eagles get him first!

Also, the Cowboys will have nearly no cap room next year.

Bills win, Bills win, OMG the Bills win i so hope Dolphins miss playoffs now.  Also I got a message from bleacher report saying Freddie Jackson played today with broken ribs 111 yards rushing and a TD.

Edited by Mike

Jon Kitna:

2008- Part of an 0-16 team, starting QB to begin the season before injury

2009- Doesn't play a down

2012- Retires from the NFL, becomes a math teacher and high school football coach

Today- Signed as backup QB for the Dallas Cowboys

Uhhh... what's wrong with this picture

Jon Kitna:

2008- Part of an 0-16 team, starting QB to begin the season before injury

2009- Doesn't play a down

2012- Retires from the NFL, becomes a math teacher and high school football coach

Today- Signed as backup QB for the Dallas Cowboys

Uhhh... what's wrong with this picture

Jerruh Jones?

The reason is he already knows the offense and they don't expect him to actually play.  He will likely be very helpful for Orton if the Cowboys end up winning this week.  Any other QB they brought in other than the guy Cleveland(I think) signed would have to learn their offense.  They don't have time to teach someone from scratch and Kitna was never a great QB but he did it for so long.  When you do something since the age of 12 or whatever more than 20 years even if you take a break you can still do it to some extent.

Also keep in mind after all those years he would know what he has to do, just throw to Bryant, Witten and Austin and he can at least perform at a average rate.

Kitna proved he could be effective in his most recent NFL action. As long as he stayed in good shape, given his knowledge of the Cowboys' offense, he could be decent if the team needed.

Keep in mind Josh McCown was coaching high school last year and his best year is not nearly on par with Kitna's.

Kitna proved he could be effective in his most recent NFL action. As long as he stayed in good shape, given his knowledge of the Cowboys' offense, he could be decent if the team needed.

Keep in mind Josh McCown was coaching high school last year and his best year is not nearly on par with Kitna's.

Kitna is also 42 years old and will have had 1 week of practice with the team.

Which one would that be, because I would argue that McCown's statistics this year are better than any of Kitna's individual seasons...  Most notably his 2010 season with Dallas, which is his closest to McCown's current 109 QBR.  Kitna also led a team to 0-16 lol.

Kitna is also 42 years old and will have had 1 week of practice with the team.

Which is why I said that it's a decent signing for an emergency QB if he's in good shape. Would it be better if they brought in a guy in slightly better physical shape (because no QB who's been an FA all year is gonna be in good throwing shape right now) but absolutely no knowledge of the playbook coming in?

Which one would that be, because I would argue that McCown's statistics this year are better than any of Kitna's individual seasons...  Most notably his 2010 season with Dallas, which is his closest to McCown's current 109 QBR.  Kitna also led a team to 0-16 lol.

Sorry my post was unclear, I meant his best year going into this year. Jon Kitna also had a grand total of 4 starts in the 0-16 season before getting hurt, but that's beside the point.