VHLM Waiver Discussion

CAN WE JUST CLARIFY THAT IT IS IN FACT, MOOT POINT, AND NOT MUTE POINT

Can we get this in the admin buttons or whatever. Like "FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY" is fisted anally….

I have a new suggestion that has not been proposed yet. Get rid of carry over, get rid of doubles first three PT's, get rid of achievement tracker, let all players start on an even playing field and then let's see who creates the best player. Guarantee this would make things more exciting for recreates and new members. While you're at it get rid of that welfare bullshit as well. This suggestion may cause the league to drop back down to 8 teams which will seem really bad to most but I think it's best in the long run. There has been so much shit added to this league since I joined that only the people here from the first few seasons and admin can even keep track of it. Who thinks needlessly throwing more shit into the league is the solution? Please raise your hand if you do, then repeatedly punch yourself in the face.

I have a new suggestion that has not been proposed yet. Get rid of carry over, get rid of doubles first three PT's, get rid of achievement tracker, let all players start on an even playing field and then let's see who creates the best player. Guarantee this would make things more exciting for recreates and new members. While you're at it get rid of that welfare bullshit as well. This suggestion may cause the league to drop back down to 8 teams which will seem really bad to most but I think it's best in the long run. There has been so much shit added to this league since I joined that only the people here from the first few seasons and admin can even keep track of it. Who thinks needlessly throwing more shit into the league is the solution? Please raise your hand if you do, then repeatedly punch yourself in the face.

I think you're alone on this one

Yeah, good luck with that one.

Of all the things to pick to get rid of, why welfare? If you're a TPE whore, it doesn't effect you. If you're a solid member who usually does point tasks, it allows you to still earn some TPE (based on how long/productive you've been) in weeks where you can't do a PT for some reason. If you just don't have the time to do PTs on a regular basis, welfare allows you to still be a productive member of the league. I really can't think of a single good reason to get rid of it.

Hell, I wish other leagues like SBA, SHL, etc... had welfare since then I could actually be a contributing member in those leagues while still giving 95% of my time to the VHL.

Well I obviously knew it would never happen when I posted it but it would achieve everything you are trying to accomplish with new members. It's cool we can throw enough TPE at new members so they can be equal to top end recreates and middle of the road recreates can suffer. Also Achievement tracker is the thing I think is complete bullshit. Not one member from my draft class added more TPE than I did after I made my player but I got 7 TPE from achievement tracker when pretty well every other draftee got 20 because they were on stacked teams.

Well I obviously knew it would never happen when I posted it but it would achieve everything you are trying to accomplish with new members. It's cool we can throw enough TPE at new members so they can be equal to top end recreates and middle of the road recreates can suffer. Also Achievement tracker is the thing I think is complete bullshit. Not one member from my draft class added more TPE than I did after I made my player but I got 7 TPE from achievement tracker when pretty well every other draftee got 20 because they were on stacked teams.

and at the same time, cause old members to leave the site. one step forward two steps back?

13 TPE isn't going to mean much in the long run.

13 TPE isn't going to mean much in the long run.

Funny thing it does, 13 puts me with more TPE than you, likely #1 C in Riga instead of you and the better linemates and 3-4 minutes more a game that you get over my player and likely in the running for ROTY. Without the 13 I'll sit back and coast to 30 less points which is nothing to you obviously.

Bushito, you come off as very selfish in the ideas you purpose in here. Just the way it seems you want the things you suggested to help you either look better or be better off. Not knocking you, just saying that we are looking at this as a whole. There is no need to get worked up either, we are just discussing

I don't sew any flaws in the first gen first year 10 TPE boost, and it's completely insignificant in the long run of player builds, so yeah, that is totally getting implemented.

And Bash wtf was that

:towel:

So training camp becomes available from the moment a player joins a team, so just like in the VHL, the GM has to choose which kind of camp he wants to offer?

Bushito, you come off as very selfish in the ideas you purpose in here. Just the way it seems you want the things you suggested to help you either look better or be better off. Not knocking you, just saying that we are looking at this as a whole. There is no need to get worked up either, we are just discussing

How does anything I purposed help me in any way? It doesn't, you bitch at me that you need this discussion so I put my 2 cents in and I'm a douchebag. I guess I'll copy and paste your opinions so I can be accepted. Also, I'm not worked up just giving my point of view.

I don't think that more free TPE is the answer to increasing activity.

Re-creates have worked hard for their carryover and I doubt that many new members think of the lead as something that bothers them. If a GM is playing them behind a line of re-creates then it makes sense but other than that I don't see it as an issue.

I just don't see the reason the change the Achievement Tracker or to add a training camp.

This is actually a very common complaint, we have taken steps over the years to lower the carryover amount.