POLL: The best VHL goalie after S52?

hedgehog337

Next big thing?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All good things must come to an end and these words are precisely are describing thoughts of Clegane's duo and Weinstein. They are playing their last season, which means we will have new goalie stars. Right now there are three goalies who are fighting for being named the best goalie after this season. And these goalies are:

Jakab Holik, Seattle. He started his career in Davos, but he didn't stay there for a long time. Goon was looking for a cup in S49, so he made a trade with Seattle, where Sandro Clegane went to Davos and Holik to the Bears. He tried to make a noise in last season, but it didn't last very long, but it seems like he's ready to make a challenge to the vets. He's currently at 94,2 % and 1.28 GAA. Solid start, lets see if his signs of MVP play would last long. 

Dmitri Dadonov, Cologne. Unlucky goalie IMO. Personal life things didn't allow Daniel to make a successful rebuild in Helsinki and Dadonov went to another rebuilding team, Quebec. And now he's playing for a team that is ready to implode after this season and I believe he's playing the hockey game like it's the last season for him (I believe it's not his last season tho). Tremendous 94,5 % (league leader) and 1.69 GAA makes him a Cologne's saviour and maybe after this season he will finally find his home in the really competitive team...although Cologne is shitting on entire league right now. 

Ilya Kopralkov, New York. His first two season were so-so, but it's due to his lack of experience. All last season he was sitting behind Sandro Clegane and now he is trying to make the Americans great again. Right now he's sitting last in percentage category (88,3 %, even DeGrath and HSK+QUE CPU goalies are ahead of him) and he should make up his mind very quick if he doesn't wants to see NY fail in the first round or even miss the playoffs. But he's one year younger than the previous two and that makes him a threat in more longterm. 

I'm out. 

1 TPE goes to Petenis

• Commissioner
29 minutes ago, STZ said:

Holik at almost 700 will be fighting depreciation while some of the younger goalies going to be into next season with 400..

I wouldnt overlook that..

I'll take the extra TPE even with depreciation, I think Weinstein and the Cleganes proved what it can do over me the last few years.

Besides, Dadonov is the same age as me but far less progressed (and less active to counter regression) and Kopralkov is only one year younger while being close to 200 TPE lower.

I don't expect I'll be competing as much in my 8th year, don't get me wrong, but (at the risk of sounding vain) I should be able to manage just fine next year.

Edited by Beketov

15 minutes ago, Beketov said:

I'll take the extra TPE even with depreciation, I think Weinstein and the Cleganes proved what it can do over me the last few years.

Besides, Dadonov is the same age as me but far less progressed (and less active to counter regression) and Kopralkov is only one year younger while being close to 200 TPE lower.

I don't expect I'll be competing as much in my 8th year, don't get me wrong, but (at the risk of sounding vain) I should be able to manage just fine next year.

I agree but what really is the extra TPE when you are being depreciated.. maybe 150 in your first year, but that number diminishes.. not only that but the younger goalies are getting a bigger bang for their buck when updating from 80>>90.

Holik is no doubt the best goalie for the next few seasons.. but don't discount the young guns, this ain't no three horse race.

24 minutes ago, Beketov said:

As if Dadonov has ever played at his TPE level lol

• Commissioner
43 minutes ago, STZ said:

I agree but what really is the extra TPE when you are being depreciated.. maybe 150 in your first year, but that number diminishes.. not only that but the younger goalies are getting a bigger bang for their buck when updating from 80>>90.

Holik is no doubt the best goalie for the next few seasons.. but don't discount the young guns, this ain't no three horse race.

Oh I don't doubt that in my 8th season, maybe 7th, I'll be on my way out. However the question at hand is next season and, IMO, us three are the only real options there and of the three I believe I'll have he best shot st success.

• Commissioner
10 hours ago, Daniel said:

Faced 200 shots more than Holik, better SV%. Losing poll. Aight.

Your SV% is SLIGHTLY better, my GAA is FAR better, plus I have 4 SO to your 2.

You're holding yourself up far better than I expected (as you somehow always do) but I don't think you can call SV% everything.

13 minutes ago, Beketov said:

You're holding yourself up far better than I expected (as you somehow always do) but I don't think you can call SV% everything.

Why not, everyone else does?

10 hours ago, Beketov said:

He is also on a worse team but has a better record so... 

Edited by gregreg

• Commissioner
52 minutes ago, gregreg said:

He is also on a worse team but has a better record so... 

*Same Record.

Unless I missed a sim.