Odinsson

BOOM

2 hours ago, Banackock said:

Have a good night @Mr. Power. I see no positive benefits to anyone here. Boom retired. We gave up a lot for him. He was supposed to be apart of our future. He's not like Kyanon where he's retiring because his age is maxed out at 8 seasons. A simple shame to negatively judge another GM as a person simply because he values his own players differently. If you dislike an offer, counter it or initiate a discussion.

You're right, he isn't like Kyanon because they aren't the same player. But guess what Odinsson retires at the end of the season just like Kyanon so his value is essentially the same in the sense that other GM's would only get half a season out of him. Wait, did you think this whole time that because he retired earlier than 8 seasons, he still plays his contract out? If so, good luck.

The reason you have this whole backlash is because of the way you approach people. Three times now I have left a message because of updating and you respond quickly with something defensive or like the other person is crazy. I don't know if English just isn't your first language and that the communication part of it is off for some reason, but it raises eyebrows when reading. Look, you are one of 10 GM's in this league and the one that has the least experience out of all of them in regards to the VHL, GM's out here know value and they are mature enough to see things for what they are and not what you want someone else to see them as. This isn't the SHL where you can talk to one of the two GM's (who might be the most vulnerable) in charge of the team to swing a deal that has some slap in the face to it after it's processed.

I ripped Corco off when he ran Vasteras because Corco was just like you, he was lost. He didn't last long after that and they actually went and got someone with a brain in Boubabi. You actually have to do some homework as a GM.

The number of times I've listened to Ryan and Chris work through spreadsheets and data to figure out what they can and can't do, and what their options are and what they have to do to make them happen are too numerous to count. It takes a lot of work to do it properly. Back in the 20s Streetlight used to work on trade plans for 3 or 4 days before he'd reach out to teams to see what he could get, knowing exactly what he wanted and what he was willing to do to make it happen. These guys are good GMs, they didn't waste the other GM's time. They certainly didn't think a retiring player was worth a first in any situation.

Before offering a trade, you should know which teams can and can't make them, and you shouldn't waste time with the ones who can't.

6 minutes ago, Jericho said:

The number of times I've listened to Ryan and Chris work through spreadsheets and data to figure out what they can and can't do, and what their options are and what they have to do to make them happen are too numerous to count. It takes a lot of work to do it properly. Back in the 20s Streetlight used to work on trade plans for 3 or 4 days before he'd reach out to teams to see what he could get, knowing exactly what he wanted and what he was willing to do to make it happen. These guys are good GMs, they didn't waste the other GM's time. They certainly didn't think a retiring player was worth a first in any situation.

Before offering a trade, you should know which teams can and can't make them, and you shouldn't waste time with the ones who can't.

To be fair there is nothing wrong with talking with GM's to figure out what needs and things are. But there is a certain level of common sense that needs to be considered. If I'm interested in a player on a roster, even if I don't have exactly something meeting that GM's trade block inquiring about it shouldn't be a big deal. But if I'm selling a player who only has half a season left in his career, I have to understand and accept that his destination will be a competing team, so it would make no sense for me to send a PM to a rebuilding GM to see if their interested. Obviously that is an extreme example, but hopefully the point still stands easy to see there. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Power said:

To be fair there is nothing wrong with talking with GM's to figure out what needs and things are. But there is a certain level of common sense that needs to be considered. If I'm interested in a player on a roster, even if I don't have exactly something meeting that GM's trade block inquiring about it shouldn't be a big deal. But if I'm selling a player who only has half a season left in his career, I have to understand and accept that his destination will be a competing team, so it would make no sense for me to send a PM to a rebuilding GM to see if their interested. Obviously that is an extreme example, but hopefully the point still stands easy to see there. 

Yeah that\s what I meant. But sending a 9 man PM is the equivalent of shouting "I AM TRADING BOOM PEASANTS ONE OF YOU WILL BE BLESSED WITH MY WILLINGNESS TO TRADE HIM AND SHOULD PRAY AT MY ALTER FOR 2 DAYS!" from the top of a mountain.

On 22/12/2016 at 3:23 PM, Kendrick said:

When he says "Pretending" he is saying that you are acting like the value of the player hasn't dropped, which would be incorrect. Odinsson had first round pick value but after retiring he is now worth a 2nd round pick because a team has to fit him under the cap and only get him for half a season. You're crazy if you think you got this all figured out and that GM's in this league will bendover backwards to swing a deal. GM's in the VHL are a lot smarter than that. Heck, maybe Threencarnacion will take him off your hands (which shows how out of touch you can be).

Don't bring @YEAH!stlemania into this. That's ma bro.

On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 0:31 AM, Banackock said:

We know what I said. it's posted in another topic.

So no other person over values their players? If they don't want to move them, the value is much higher. Take Toast trading Green for example, or the price other GM's have given on such players. However, there was no "trying to get over". It's clear out in the public for everyone to see, lol. 

(Odinsson for Maxwell wasn't a serious thing)

Have a good night @Mr. Power. I see no positive benefits to anyone here. Boom retired. We gave up a lot for him. He was supposed to be apart of our future. He's not like Kyanon where he's retiring because his age is maxed out at 8 seasons. A simple shame to negatively judge another GM as a person simply because he values his own players differently. If you dislike an offer, counter it or initiate a discussion.

Toast ♡