Odinsson

BOOM

1 minute ago, Mr. Power said:

I mean I could screenshot the PM you just sent me, that may be a taste of evidence....

I never knew that wanting to trade a player whose retiring is bad as opposed to lose them for nothing when you gave up a large chunk of future?

32 minutes ago, Banackock said:

I never knew that wanting to trade a player whose retiring is bad as opposed to lose them for nothing when you gave up a large chunk of future?

It's not really. But if you're in a playoff position and selling off a retiring player just because he is retiring it makes it a little shady in regards to GM --> Player relationships.

11 hours ago, Kendrick said:

It's not really. But if you're in a playoff position and selling off a retiring player just because he is retiring it makes it a little shady in regards to GM --> Player relationships.

This. Also it's how you look at value and trades @Banackock

Wanting to trade him is fine but pretending like we don't know he retired and even more asking for 1st or similar valued player. 

5 hours ago, Mr. Power said:

This. Also it's how you look at value and trades @Banackock

Wanting to trade him is fine but pretending like we don't know he retired and even more asking for 1st or similar valued player. 

1. A contending team will pay for a good player. So just because you won't pay a specific price doesn't mean someone else won't.

2. How was I pretending..? It's in clear view that he retired..? lol

When he says "Pretending" he is saying that you are acting like the value of the player hasn't dropped, which would be incorrect. Odinsson had first round pick value but after retiring he is now worth a 2nd round pick because a team has to fit him under the cap and only get him for half a season. You're crazy if you think you got this all figured out and that GM's in this league will bendover backwards to swing a deal. GM's in the VHL are a lot smarter than that. Heck, maybe Threencarnacion will take him off your hands (which shows how out of touch you can be).

15 minutes ago, Banackock said:

1. A contending team will pay for a good player. So just because you won't pay a specific price doesn't mean someone else won't.

2. How was I pretending..? It's in clear view that he retired..? lol

Here is the exact words you said. 

Fuck it, time to shop him.

Thor Odinsson, any interest? Willing to add a pick for a similar player, or some 1sts 

A contending team will pay for a good player. But despite repeated attempts you seem to not understand that this isn't the NHL. I'm not implying you won't be able to trade him, more so that as usual when you start a trade negotiation you pay zero mind to team needs, team interests, team cap, the player situations (is he retired, how many seasons he has left) you simply state "I'm doing this, this is what I'm willing to add or gain."

The question was why would someone not want to be on Seattle. Which is sadly, a side handed joke at your expense. I'm not the only one GM or otherwise who I've heard state issues with how you GM, your approach to trades etc. This is a clear indication of it. And I'm not even one of the ones who said your a "bad" GM. I think the way you approach trading and values are off, you highly overvalue your own players, you don't pay attention to age or contract length half the time. Countless times talking with you I've had to been like "my core is x and x and this player is x and x seasons too young or old" or what have you. I mean you wanted to try to trade Maxwell straight across for Odinsson earlier in the season, although granted I thought that was a joke. But remember Maxwell is younger with more TPE and that was when Boom was around. 

But I'll stop here and give my apologies to Boom for responding to this, but it still seems like your oblivious to the fact that several other GM's and members are going "hey dude you should probably start talking to people as if they were intelligent to know the situation." Instead you usually throw sub text all over the place hinting and implying things, trying to "get one over" on us. As @Kendrick just said in his post, you act like we don't understand whats going on sometimes, when I know for a fact when I trade with any GM my goal isn't just to determine my needs, to also theirs. Because that is how you form working GM relationships and make real trades in this league. Either way though the whole situation with Boom is just unfortunate, as Odinsson looked to be another in the veni of great Boom players. 

Edited by Mr. Power

Just now, Mr. Power said:

Here is the exact words you said. 

Fuck it, time to shop him.

Thor Odinsson, any interest? Willing to add a pick for a similar player, or some 1sts 

A contending team will pay for a good player. But despite repeated attempts you seem to not understand that this isn't the NHL. I'm not implying you won't be able to trade him, more so that as usual when you start a trade negotiation you pay zero mind to team needs, team interests, team cap, the player situations (is he retired, how many seasons he has left) you simply state "I'm doing this, this is what I'm willing to add or gain."

The question was why would someone not want to be on Seattle. Which is sadly, a side handed joke at your expense. I'm not the only one GM or otherwise who I've heard state issues with how you GM, your approach to trades etc. This is a clear indication of it. And I'm not even one of the ones who said your a "bad" GM. I think the way you approach trading and values are off, you highly overvalue your own players, you don't pay attention to age or contract length half the time. Countless times talking with you I've had to been like "my core is x and x and this player is x and x seasons too young or old" or what have you. I mean you wanted to try to trade Maxwell straight across for Odinsson earlier in the season, although granted I thought that was a joke. But remember Maxwell is younger with more TPE and that was when Boom was around. 

But I'll stop and give my apologies to Boom for responding to this, but it still seems like your oblivious to the fact that several other GM's and members are going "hey dude you should probably start talking to people as if they were intelligent to know the situation." Instead you usually throw sub text all over the place hinting and implying things, trying to "get one over" on us. As @Kendrick just said in his post, you act like we don't understand whats going on sometimes, when I know for a fact when I trade with any GM my goal isn't just to determine my needs, to also theirs. Because that is how you form working GM relationships and make real trades in this league. 

We know what I said. it's posted in another topic.

So no other person over values their players? If they don't want to move them, the value is much higher. Take Toast trading Green for example, or the price other GM's have given on such players. However, there was no "trying to get over". It's clear out in the public for everyone to see, lol. 

(Odinsson for Maxwell wasn't a serious thing)

Have a good night @Mr. Power. I see no positive benefits to anyone here. Boom retired. We gave up a lot for him. He was supposed to be apart of our future. He's not like Kyanon where he's retiring because his age is maxed out at 8 seasons. A simple shame to negatively judge another GM as a person simply because he values his own players differently. If you dislike an offer, counter it or initiate a discussion.

1 minute ago, Banackock said:

We know what I said. it's posted in another topic.

So no other person over values their players? If they don't want to move them, the value is much higher. Take Toast trading Green for example, or the price other GM's have given on such players. However, there was no "trying to get over". It's clear out in the public for everyone to see, lol. 

(Odinsson for Maxwell wasn't a serious thing)

Have a good night @Mr. Power. I see no positive benefits to anyone here. Boom retired. We gave up a lot for him. He was supposed to be apart of our future. He's not like Kyanon where he's retiring because his age is maxed out at 8 seasons. A simple shame to negatively judge another GM as a person simply because he values his own players differently. If you dislike an offer, counter it or initiate a discussion.

I don't really see how I'm negatively judging you. Just calling it like it is really. Do you think if season after season I approached the same GM who was in the same siimilar shitty cap situation asking him about players and trades he could never really afford that he'd eventually not just think of me as a joke? Should I link you to roster pages? Salary cap spreadsheet? It's your job to look at other teams as much as it is other teams. But hell, more so when your trying to trade. Especially if your not seeing players on a block or anything like that as posted and your just cold emailing. Your the on delivering the pitch, you have to make it worth my time. Because in this situation as unfortunate as this situation is I'm HAPPY with my team.  And if you looked at my roster page, my contracts page, you'd see why. It's not on me to tell you how to GM. If your too lazy to see what other teams are doing and try to use that information to come up with logical, well drawn out trade pitches that is your own problem, and the league will judge you for your actions regardless of what you do. It's not like your being judged personally. Your being judged as GM because members and players use that information to determine teams to go to, teams to be interested in being drafted too etc.