Dungeons & Dragons

JardyB10

Does anyone here play? I recently rewatched Community and now have a hankering to try. I also discovered my friend's roommate plays quite regularly, so we're gonna have a session some time soon. I even started researching how to play and created a character and such.

If we have a decent local group who plays, maybe we could do a game on www.roll20.net? That'd be neato.

I played once upon a time, back in middle school when I had a bunch of new friends and didn't know my friend Justin was about to become a Neo-Nazi and my friend Josh was about to do god knows what since I never heard from him again since 9th grade.

jeez Jardy you hit me with the unexpected feels

7 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

I played once, but then I hit high school.

Crazy to think then that Robin Williams, Vin Disel and a litany of other rich adults went on to continue to play it. I know your joking, but it's 2017, find better material than lashing out against things that ages ago where once considered "abnormal" or "nerdy". :P 

Funny you mention though Jardy @Jericho @Advantage and myself as well as some of my own personal friends have done a few campaigns of different gameplay settings (Not DnD but games similar to) on Roll20. Roll20 is a pretty great tool, and we are currently not playing in any games. I may be down to do something again in the future for sure. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Crazy to think then that Robin Williams, Vin Disel and a litany of other rich adults went on to continue to play it. I know your joking, but it's 2017, find better material than lashing out against things that ages ago where once considered "abnormal" or "nerdy". :P 

Funny you mention though Jardy @Jericho @Advantage and myself as well as some of my own personal friends have done a few campaigns of different gameplay settings (Not DnD but games similar to) on Roll20. Roll20 is a pretty great tool, and we are currently not playing in any games. I may be down to do something again in the future for sure. 

Wow I struck a nerve. For someone that knows I am joking, you seem to have responded the opposite way. It's a typical D&D response joke on Reddit, try not to to get your panties in a knot. I meant 0% harm in the comment, I think everyone else grasped that.

5 minutes ago, Kendrick said:

Wow I struck a nerve. For someone that knows I am joking, you seem to have responded the opposite way. It's a typical D&D response joke on Reddit, try not to to get your panties in a knot. I meant 0% harm in the comment, I think everyone else grasped that.

Indeed. As I was aware of the joke, it wasn't that you struck a nerve. I just know your capable of better than the typical bullshit slung on reddit that we've all heard a million times over the past 5 years. :P 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Power said:

Indeed. As I was aware of the joke, it wasn't that you struck a nerve. I just know your capable of better than the typical bullshit slung on reddit that we've all heard a million times over the past 5 years. :P 

Ya ya yada it was a joke, no harm done no reason to respond with a sort of "insulted" attitude haha

We wouldn't really need to be local, just available at the same time, right?

Edit: I'm interested, it's just not something I can commit to right now.  Also, the only advice I can give would be if you're going to do D&D, I'd start with an older edition than 5th, from what I recall, they made things a bit more complicated with later editions than the original 1st or 2nd edition that original D&D'rs prefer, also the only editions I've ever played.

Edited by evrydayimbyfuglien

12 hours ago, Jericho said:

Let me tell you guys as a fair warning, if you ever have @Advantage in your party do NOT leave any roll of consequence to him. I swear to god he rolls a 2 at least 60% of the time.

Given your terrible 1's when trying to forge that Solar Powered Ram Spike...I wouldn't be talking mister!

15 minutes ago, Advantage said:

Given your terrible 1's when trying to forge that Solar Powered Ram Spike...I wouldn't be talking mister!

I believe it was a singular 1.

6 hours ago, evrydayimbyfuglien said:

We wouldn't really need to be local, just available at the same time, right?

Edit: I'm interested, it's just not something I can commit to right now.  Also, the only advice I can give would be if you're going to do D&D, I'd start with an older edition than 5th, from what I recall, they made things a bit more complicated with later editions than the original 1st or 2nd edition that original D&D'rs prefer, also the only editions I've ever played.

I meant local as in people within the community here. And my friend owns all the E5 stuff so that's the version I've "learned". Though if we wanted to do a less complicated version, I'd be super down for the ASOIAF RPG because I recently learned that exists, which gave me an erection!

27 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

I meant local as in people within the community here. And my friend owns all the E5 stuff so that's the version I've "learned". Though if we wanted to do a less complicated version, I'd be super down for the ASOIAF RPG because I recently learned that exists, which gave me an erection!

I mean, I have never even looked into any new editions so I have no idea the learning curve, if there is one. I have only been told by people who still play that first and second edition are better and less complicated.